Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Final Fantasy XIII-2 extraction

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Newbie31
ultra-n00b

Re: Final Fantasy XIII-2 extraction

Post by Newbie31 »

Heyo, I'm still new at this. From your pictures it looks like you have altered the vertices on the mesh?
when I use the maxscript to import and inject if I delete any mesh/vertex or edge I get and error that stops it form injecting again, I assumed that it was because the maxscript doesn't actually export but opens the original file and modifies the vertex X,Y,Z positions so if a mesh is deleted than the vertice data isn't altered and the mesh looks the same(I use Noesis to view the change inbetween the models).

Is it possible to delete parts of the mesh/vertices or did you just move them or am I making a mistake somewhere? I'm not good with programming scripts and whatnot, I'm better at the meshing side of things.
mariokart64n
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by mariokart64n »

you are correct, only move vertices and UVs.. don't make an changes like deleting a face, or even breaking or detaching a face.. that'll cause the vertex count to increase.

just grab a vertex, or UV coordinate and move.... "thats it"

for my concept mod, I reshaped her body, then baked the textures from the original zero samus model into serah

the original normal maps were designed for accessories and clothes that were no longer there on my modification. so I converted the entire model back to quads, and imported it into mud box. Created a new high poly model, and was able to generate new normal maps by projecting the highpoly into serah's model..

even with all that work you'll notice my concept mod suffers from two unfortunate errors.
1. MisMatched Materials
2. Unwelded Vertex Normals

Not that these cannot be edited, but its was changed when the mod was finalized... most n00bs won't pickup the differences anyway
Maxscript and other finished work I've done can be found on my DeviantArt account
Rimbros
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Rimbros »

Anyone extract fully this?

Renders Art by Rimbros
http://s303.photobucket.com/albums/nn12 ... E/Renders/

Personal Game repository samples, send PM
Ares722
veteran

Post by Ares722 »

At that time i searched for it trough the ffxIII disk content, and I found only the two t-posed shivas, so probably u need to pose them by yourself. Anyway it seems that somebody in xnalara forum, ( if i remember well ) already posed them to create the motorbike.
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthr ... &page=4421
Mybe you can ask to him.
MiKE41
ultra-n00b

Post by MiKE41 »

I've improved my texture editing method, and coded up a tool to extract and reimport textures from imgb. Please note that I've never actually coded anything in C++ before, so I'm fairly sure my code is trash, but it is working trash.

Untiling/Retiling code from GTA IV Texture Editor: blog/?p=302

Limitations:
Only supports import and export of DXT1 textures from imgb.
Modifying the texture dimensions between export an import will corrupt your imgb.
Doesn't check to see if its going to overwrite something- it just does it.
Probably more I didn't think of.

Usage: imgbtool.exe [-e|-i] [file.trb] [file.imgb]
-e stands for export
-i stands for import

When exporting:
Writes files in .dds format to your current working directory. The file name is based on the hex location of the identifier in the .trb file.

When importing:
Reads files in .dds format from your current working directory, expects the files to be named based on the hex location of the identifier in the .trb file. Writes the new .imgb file in your current working directory as 'output.imgb'.

If you find an issue: Tell me about it (with details, such as the model and what you were trying to do). I make no guarantees I will fix it though.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by MiKE41 on Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
EstelaGremista
ultra-n00b

Post by EstelaGremista »

Hi. I'm trying to extract Lightning's 3D model from this game but I can't find her in any .TRB file I extract from some .BIN files. There are still some .BIN files that QuickBMS couldn't open.
These are the files where I couldn't extract from:

XBOX 360:
white_z0220u_img.x360.bin
white_z0230u_img.x360.bin
white_z0240u_img.x360.bin

PS3:
white_z0160e_img.ps3.bin
white_z0220e_img.ps3.bin
white_z0230e_img.ps3.bin
white_z0240e_img.ps3.bin

Can anyone help me?
mlan
ultra-n00b

Post by mlan »

Any way to extract things beside the models? like sound effect, music, video etc? quickbms scrip for ff13 does everything, how can I make this one do that? thx
blablukura
ultra-n00b

Post by blablukura »

chrrox wrote:those are the only models on the disk. its the shaders they use.
you need to set up the textures correctly.

if you want i looked and dint see anything but this script will extract everything from the game but it wont match anything to its textures and it will name some files trb that contain no mesh data.
I looked and dint see anything the first script missed but ill throw this out there for those that think something might be missing.
it's not easy to set up the textures correctly, for the face skin and hair, what texture to add to make them look glossy like that and in the game ? I dunno which texture is specular level or which is spec color or glossiness... I can only identify them for the armor, anyone help ?
HeliosAI
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by HeliosAI »

blablukura wrote:
chrrox wrote:those are the only models on the disk. its the shaders they use.
you need to set up the textures correctly.
[img]http://th06.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2 ... 4jerzy.png[/ig]

if you want i looked and dint see anything but this script will extract everything from the game but it wont match anything to its textures and it will name some files trb that contain no mesh data.
I looked and dint see anything the first script missed but ill throw this out there for those that think something might be missing.
it's not easy to set up the textures correctly, for the face skin and hair, what texture to add to make them look glossy like that and in the game ? I dunno which texture is specular level or which is spec color or glossiness... I can only identify them for the armor, anyone help ?
The skin, hair, etc spec maps are on either on a channel of the normal map or on one of the mask maps^^
Animus777
ultra-n00b

Post by Animus777 »

Hi Guys. I want to extract videos from PS3 version. I've found file moviee.ps3.bin and opened it in hex editor:

How can i extract pam videos from that bin?
LUBDAR
veteran

Post by LUBDAR »

I was curious if anyone has been able to extract the DLC monsters (Omega, Ultros, Gilgamesh)?

All i've seen across forums so far is alternative outfits from the DLC but not these monsters. Just curious.

Thanks for your time. Lubdar

31JUL2012: Nevermind Mariokart helped me out with it...thanks!
COKEORPEPSI50
ultra-n00b

Post by COKEORPEPSI50 »

mlan wrote:Any way to extract things beside the models? like sound effect, music, video etc? quickbms scrip for ff13 does everything, how can I make this one do that? thx
flarespire
veteran

Post by flarespire »

Sorry for the necro people, but I'm having an issue...

Ive extracted .trb's and .imgb's from the ps3 version of 13-2, but whenever i view the models in Noesis (i have the latest version) they do not show up with their textures, also ive tried the IMGBTool posted here and it does not work, Ive tried dragging imgb's onto it and running it in the folder where the imgb's are... nothing happens.

can anyone help me out, I'm really intrigued to see how square did they're models and textures please get back to me with an answer ASAP.

PS, Ive also tried renaming textures to what the trb's reference... with no change to the results....

Thx in advance

~flarespire
TheDude
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by TheDude »

I made some changes to the bms script so that it would work better, but I'm not sure what I did with it. :?
I'll try and find it and if I can't I'll try and redo it.
flarespire
veteran

Post by flarespire »

Thanks for the response, I've managed to pair a few models, but most, like the Time Gate model for one, don't seem to pair and render even though they are paired (I switched to the Xbox 360 versions as my ps3 ones became corrupt) anything that you have that can ease this is going to be of great use to everyone on this thread.