Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Warframe

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
just2good
ultra-n00b

Warframe

Post by just2good »

I did a bunch of lurking and saw that quickbms had a script for Darkness II.

There is a game called Warframe made by the same company that developed Darkness II and uses the same engine as well.

I was wondering if anyone is able to unpack and repack some of its data files because I really want to make some edits to skill animations for a video project I am working on.
If anyone could help me I would greatly appreciate it!

The data folder for Warframe is filled with .cache and .tor just like Darkness II.

I uploaded an example of the game's .cache + .toc to mediafire.

http://www.mediafire.com/?4rp1rfpelcac6u4
Ekey
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Re: Warframe

Post by Ekey »

just2good
ultra-n00b

Post by just2good »

I tried that and it doesn't work.

Here is the other thread explaining that.
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=9813&hilit=warframe

Looked inactive so I made a new one btw. (thread)
Ekey
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Post by Ekey »

Doesn't work what ? Unpacking files work fine.

just2good
ultra-n00b

Post by just2good »

Ekey wrote:Doesn't work what ? Unpacking files work fine.

Then I stand corrected.

Only thing that makes me wonder is why I can't get it to work, I'm using GUI 2.0 btw.
Last edited by just2good on Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
aluigi
VVIP member
VVIP member

Post by aluigi »

you need to use the latest version of QuickBMS:
http://quickbms.aluigi.org

QuickBMS is NOT that GUI program you see in the Tutorials section!
They are two different things and only the version of QuickBMS matters when there are problems with extraction/reimporting.
just2good
ultra-n00b

Post by just2good »

aluigi wrote:you need to use the latest version of QuickBMS:
http://quickbms.aluigi.org

QuickBMS is NOT that GUI program you see in the Tutorials section!
They are two different things and only the version of QuickBMS matters when there are problems with extraction/reimporting.

Awesome I got it to work. Thanks a bunch!
Ares722
veteran

Post by Ares722 »

I know I probably should open a new topic in the graphical format sections , but i think there are enough treads about this games.

I'm quite interested to convert the hd textures from this games. each chara has 4 different resolution versions of the same textures form 256x256 to 2048x2048 for the body and a lower res for the head (max head tex resolution is 1024x512).

These are some samples of what the script extracts from the archieves. http://www.mediafire.com/?o7zxxd8xweiiw14

They should be headerless pngs textures, for the dds is easier to add headers but with pngs i have no ideas.
I would ask help to correctly convert these tex.
Last edited by Ares722 on Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
toogte
ultra-n00b

Post by toogte »

I have just been tested and for me the pictures are all empty .. I've done something wrong or is that the [bms] file?
Ares722
veteran

Post by Ares722 »

toogte wrote:I have just been tested and for me the pictures are all empty .. I've done something wrong or is that the [bms] file?
U probably did something wrong. The textures seem to have their correct size. The problem is how make them usable.
pixellegolas
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by pixellegolas »

I think we found out that it is extracting files like dds, fbx etc but they seem to be wrong. Something is strange with the extracted data
zhade
ultra-n00b

Post by zhade »

Any updates regarding the extracted files? .lua and .txt files also have been altered.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GMMan
veteran

Post by GMMan »

I'm going to take a shot at saying that Darkness 2's BMS isn't very useful here. From what it seems it's not using RLE3 for the decompression algorithm, as the Lua scripts I tried to unpack makes no sense (e.g. seeing the string "modu" repeated dozens of times before finally seeing "module"). I'll hazard a guess, and say it's likelier to be LZMA, considering that's the same compression used for some of the files that gets downloaded from the content server.

The BMS script isn't too great, since it only keeps the last folder name found, therefore you can't repack the data.
Currently researching: Alpha Prime scripting (AI and mods)
Queued: EE .cache repacking, CustomPak repacking, Gameloft Scrambled Zip multitool, GRAF Extractor Skeleton repacking, Gun Metal filenames CRC
Ekey
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Post by Ekey »

zhade wrote:Any updates regarding the extracted files? .lua and .txt files also have been altered.
What for? Script for unpack files work perfect. Lua scripts just compiled. And compiling is not reversible (only by byte code decompiling)
GMMan
veteran

Post by GMMan »

Ekey wrote:Script for unpack files work perfect.
In the attached .lua, notice the 0x03 at offset 0x2e. That 0x03 isn't supposed to be there (it's supposed to be the path to the original Lua source code, and normal Windows file paths don't typically contain an ETX character). Also, notice all the repeating patterns of "Pod" and 0x0080e00b? There are way too many of them to be reasonable.

I've made an observation about the cache files: those that start with 'H' are headers, and those that start with 'B' are the corresponding binary content. I'm not quite sure what 'F' is yet. When downloading a single file from the content server (uncheck "Bulk Download" from the launcher), the sample I had appeared to be a LZMA archive with all parts of the expected files. When extracted, the file has the same odd compressed form as in the cache (so I assume it's written into the cache directly). When written to disk, part of the file goes in an 'H' cache, part of it goes into a 'B' cache, and possibly another goes into the 'F' cache.
Currently researching: Alpha Prime scripting (AI and mods)
Queued: EE .cache repacking, CustomPak repacking, Gameloft Scrambled Zip multitool, GRAF Extractor Skeleton repacking, Gun Metal filenames CRC