Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Ninja Gaiden 3 (NG3) / Dead or Alive 5 (DOA5) noesis script.

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran

Re: Ninja Gaiden 3 (NG3) / Dead or Alive 5 (DOA5) noesis scr

Post by Darko »

DOTAPRINCE wrote:
Darko wrote:
DOTAPRINCE wrote: How did you extract from the demo? Is it supposed to be in iso format?
Download the demo from xbox live, save it in a pen drive, use an usb extractor (I don't remember the name right now) to extract the container and then use le fluffie to extract the files... or you can just download the demo from a torrent web site or direct download.
Well I downloaded the demo and this is the file I got.

070D4A2A77B3FF9F74B675025AF4D3C1BA0005DE4B

With no extensions. Is it the right one to use the usb extractor for?
No, He's done well, just extract the package with this:

http://skunkiebutt.com/Le%20Fluffie%20App.zip
DOTAPRINCE
veteran

Post by DOTAPRINCE »

Thanks. Got it extracted.
Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Darko »

DOTAPRINCE wrote:Thanks. Got it extracted.
No problem ;)
Protocol X27
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Protocol X27 »

Does anyone know why I might not be able to view / extract .tmc files in Noesis?

I have version 3971, I copied version 1.4 into the plugins/python folder & reloaded plugins, but I can still only see a list of .tmc files. Selecting them still won't cause anything to show up... :(

Really stuck on this, and need to know what I'm missing.

Thanks.

Edit: Problem resolved. Not sure why, but I couldn't get v1.4 working. I tried 1.5 that Darko mentioned and it worked.
Protocol X27
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Protocol X27 »

Could someone please help me understand something I'm missing in the DOA5 extraction process?

I'm missing certain stage files that I'd like to extract, such as Sakura and the Additional Island stage files. I noticed a file name updater.ini, but where does that play into the process and with which extractor? (Also where do I find the link for it)

Every version of 'simple unpacker' crashes anytime I try to extract from stage_common. DOA5_tool works, BUT I only get some of the files AND most will still crash in Noesis using v1.5 of the Noesis script.

Any light that could be shed on this would be appreciated. Thanks :)
khanbot
beginner

Post by khanbot »

hey guys quick question

can i use tools/scripts for NG3 to extract stuff from Ninja gaiden 3 razors edge as well? has anyone looked into it if it has everything same as NG3?

thanks
Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Darko »

khanbot wrote:hey guys quick question

can i use tools/scripts for NG3 to extract stuff from Ninja gaiden 3 razors edge as well? has anyone looked into it if it has everything same as NG3?

thanks
Yes, It's the same format as DOA5.
khanbot
beginner

Post by khanbot »

hi again

i extracted NG3 razor edge files wtih simple ng3 unpacker but noesis cannot open/preview .gmd files! I use doa5 plugin 1.5 version. It gives me error. I also try renaming .gmd files to .tmc but no luck.

edit: solved.
Last edited by khanbot on Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Darko »

khanbot wrote:hi again

i extracted NG3 razor edge files wtih simple ng3 unpacker but noesis cannot open/preview .gmd files! I use doa5 plugin 1.5 version. It gives me error. I also try renaming .gmd files to .tmc but no luck.
Rename .gmd to .tmc and .ttgl to .tmcl

I used this to do a batch rename, and It supports subfolders:

http://www.advancedrenamer.com/

Where It says add method select replace, text to be replaced: gmd replace with: tmc, add the same method but now the text to be replaced: ttgl replace with: tmcl. Then, in your right windows there's a file browser where all the files that we're gonna rename will be listed. There, there's an add button, press that button, select directories and then select the folder where all your ng3re files are stored. All the files that are going to be renamed will be colored in red. After that, just press Start batch.
khanbot
beginner

Post by khanbot »

thanks for fast reply :)

I renamed .gmd to .tmc and .ttgl to .tmcl but this is what i get

what can i be doing wrong? :(
Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Darko »

khanbot wrote:thanks for fast reply :)

what can i be doing wrong? :(
Nothing, the opt_blur meshes are for some kind of effect inside the game (blood??) or could be for collision detection. When importing in 3ds max just don't select them using guru wave plugin.

For mesh position I use Mario's tmc praser script to import in max and the stick it back to save the position.
khanbot
beginner

Post by khanbot »

i import using mariokart's tmc parser script, but in max i get no material applied i just get a grey model. is this normal too? do materials/maps needs to be applied separately after extraction with noesis or some other means?

thanks.
Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Darko »

khanbot wrote:i import using mariokart's tmc parser script, but in max i get no material applied i just get a grey model. is this normal too? do materials/maps needs to be applied separately after extraction with noesis or some other means?

thanks.
Yes, It's normal and mario's Script has UV's problems, but the weights (what it's the thing that matters for us) are correct.

I'm gonna write a tutorial using smd as the medium format and how transfere vertex weights from one wesh to another using magnum's riggomatic. The process to allocate correctly the meshes is very simple and it's the same as you allocate meshes with SCIV-V, but in this case you need to reinject that data inside the tmc again to get proper static mesh in noesis.
blablukura
ultra-n00b

Post by blablukura »

Darko wrote:
khanbot wrote:i import using mariokart's tmc parser script, but in max i get no material applied i just get a grey model. is this normal too? do materials/maps needs to be applied separately after extraction with noesis or some other means?

thanks.
Yes, It's normal and mario's Script has UV's problems, but the weights (what it's the thing that matters for us) are correct.

I'm gonna write a tutorial using smd as the medium format and how transfere vertex weights from one wesh to another using magnum's riggomatic. The process to allocate correctly the meshes is very simple and it's the same as you allocate meshes with SCIV-V, but in this case you need to reinject that data inside the tmc again to get proper static mesh in noesis.
Is that how you correct the mesh position in max ? Please do the tutorial for this because some models have meshes place in the erong position, like hair mesh attached to a waist bone, I think there is a simple way to change the mesh bone to the correct one and it will be plAced there correctly but I dont know how to do it in max
Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Darko »

blablukura wrote:
Darko wrote:

thanks.

Is that how you correct the mesh position in max ? Please do the tutorial for this because some models have meshes place in the erong position, like hair mesh attached to a waist bone, I think there is a simple way to change the mesh bone to the correct one and it will be plAced there correctly but I dont know how to do it in max
The tutorial is similar to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZA0tTKvXxrs

Just check where the pivot of the mesh you want to position is and you will figure out on what bone you have to allign with (using alt+a in max and check pivot on both current object and target objet and also check x,y,z axis). Some times you'll need to rotate your object, also check the rotation axis.