Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Ninja Gaiden 3 (NG3) / Dead or Alive 5 (DOA5) noesis script.

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
mariokart64n
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Re: Ninja Gaiden 3 (NG3) / Dead or Alive 5 (DOA5) noesis scr

Post by mariokart64n »

I posted my maxscript a few pages ago. refer to that for format help.

I'm not planning to type up structs until after I've inspected other tecmo games. and my structs are 80% full of unknowns.. it would be pointless to waste time typing it out

also yes I want to add PMX support, and No I haven't created a new TMC+TMCL pair yet to test file limits. (these answers come after we have got new geo in obviously...)
Maxscript and other finished work I've done can be found on my DeviantArt account
b0ny
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by b0ny »

i've found the files table inside the doa5 executable(i was blind enough not to find it until now).
that list contains the names/types/lnk_location of all doa5 files(8027 files), including the dlc ones

a file is represented in the files table like this:
long pointer_to_the_filename
long file_type_id
long pointer_to_the_lnk_archive_name_containing_the_file

among the lnk names we can see DLC archives and such thing as "NO_LINK". i think just by "fixing" this value to point at the "right lnk name" we can change the location of any file(costume).
changing the path for all files to "NO_LINK" could be possible to get rid of lnk files and use their content directly, placing all files on the disc along with the xbe file. also having the names offsets is possible to vary the name length, so we can make the game work with the original unencrypted filenames.
also changing the drive letter from cdrom0:\ to hdd0:\, possible could make the game read the files NO_LINK files from the hdd

the file_type value indicates is this a tmc for hair or a tmcl for face, or is it something else.

if you want to follow my steps. do:
1.import the doa executable in ida. see this video for howto - youtu.be/VroCdCE9mnY

2.A)open the strings window(menu: windows->"strings window"), B)scroll down till you see the file names(you'll quickly recognize those encrypted bastards), C)scroll down to the last name and double click on it.

3. now in "IDA View-A" tab(window), you see the location of that filename in the code. and you see that it's referenced(a pointer is pointing at it) somewhere in the code. click that blue text just under the filename "# DATA XREF: .rdata:off_820E15F8", to follow to the place it's referenced.

4. here we are this is the begining of the file table. click on the byte just after the refference and press a few times on the keyboard the "D" key to convert it to "long", then do this to the next item and so one to see that bellow are referenced other file names/filetype/lnk_archive.
the address for the files_table beginning is 0x820E15F8, to get the offset for the exe file you should extract 0x82000000 from it(0x820E15F8 - 0x82000000 = 0xE15F8)

[update]
simple doa5 unpacker
re-uploaded with:
- more names and *.--C to *.---C "fix"
- searched for double names and fixed the colliding names LEIFANG_HAIR_002 to LEIFANG_HAIR_001(few names where borrowed from the xentax users renamer list, that's the price paid for not checking if all names are correct)
- and ALPHA152_COS_001 to ALPHA152_COS_001_A(that's a tricky dude you should examine, tgg instead of ttx and some other unique stuff)

i've restored a lot of names using doa5 and demo file tables information. using these names i have updated the "simple doa5 unpacker". do NOT forget about "DOA5REALNAMES.INI", if you want to rename your files automatically.

i couldn't restore the extensions for some files. doa5 has three files per costume, two are like in demo - *.tmc and *.tmcl, and one more type, with the last letter in extension "C", thus i named it *.---C.
also doa5 has additional textures(mentioned here) for some costumes which are stored in external files with partially known extension *.--H and *.--HL.
if you have any information about the real extensions names for these types, i'd like to hear it.
Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Darko »

Lol Tried the new dlc. One curious thing, the hotties dlc has repeated bunnie or evil bunnie swim wears.

See ya.
Protocol X27
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Protocol X27 »

Darko, did the script work for you successfully?

When I ran it against the patch file, no files were found. Any idea if I'm running against the wrong file (using the 200MB one), or if there's a newer version of the script I may have missed?

Thanks
Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Darko »

Protocol X27 wrote:Darko, did the script work for you successfully?

When I ran it against the patch file, no files were found. Any idea if I'm running against the wrong file (using the 200MB one), or if there's a newer version of the script I may have missed?

Thanks
Yep, just run then lnk bms script on patch_02_catalog.bin and you'll have the files extracted.
b0ny
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by b0ny »

have anyone succeed to extract correctly volume textures or D3DFMT_L8 textures?

i tried "unbundler.exe" but it's crashing on many unknown textures while unswizzling, also it unpacks "D3DFMT_L8" textures as grayscale:

Protocol X27
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Protocol X27 »

Darko wrote:
Protocol X27 wrote:Darko, did the script work for you successfully?

Thanks
Yep, just run then lnk bms script on patch_02_catalog.bin and you'll have the files extracted.
Thank you, I think the issue was that I was using the other script from a while pack. I just tested the one in b0ny's post and that did the trick on the patch files. :D
tomatofarmer
ultra-n00b

Post by tomatofarmer »

Darko wrote:Lol Tried the new dlc. One curious thing, the hotties dlc has repeated bunnie or evil bunnie swim wears.

See ya.
Maybe they did this so that (when you're fighting online) other players can see your bunny outfit even if they didn't pre-order/purchase it themselves. It's free advertising and slipstreaming it with another update saves them certification money.

Another possibility is that that something with the old bunny suits needed to be updated specifically for the new beach stage. Since it's now the warmest stage it's possible that it allows a greater degree of bounce than what the old suits were designed around. Or maybe it was the added motion controls? I forget when that update was added.
b0ny
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by b0ny »

the island patch is useng some files not from the doa5_files_table, or maybe it's patching that table.

some names to add to the end of the "doa5realnames.ini":
NC6_8LA]{71626]O5G8{51KB = stg_isl.tmc
B15_7K9]{71687]RO6GA{51KD = stg_isl.tmcl
2RS}61M@5G1HI1{{P19A1J163} = [email protected]
BRS}71M@571HI1{{DP1AB1J173} = [email protected]
2S141K_E1FG1[]N18A1H153{ = ISLAND2.TMC
BS151K_51FG1[]BN19B1H163{ = ISLAND2.TMCL
note: you can use the "simple doa5 unpacker" and it's files(source code, correct names for files...) as you wish, i would be happy if they will help you in any way(you can put even your name in it). and it's true for all my works - cheers...
Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Darko »

Know what guys, Mario's tmcpraser seems to work on razor's edge demo:

Also Chrrox's noesis script.

I used simple ninja gaiden 3 unpacker to unpack. if someone has problems finding it, You can download it from here:

https://skydrive.live.com/#cid=FFBE4E57 ... 49FCBE!177

Mega lol, the demo contains:

2 Ayane Costumes, nude ayane, ayane covered with a towel and the model included in NG3.
2 kasumi costumes with 3 different hair styles (DMB).
Mizuki
And a set of different Hayabusas (normal, infected, unmasked and costume 01)

A lot of stuff considering It's just a demo.

Just rename the gmd to tmc and the ttcl to tmcl so both scripts can load them.
252gt
beginner

Post by 252gt »

Thanx Darko

I will try it ^_^
DOTAPRINCE
veteran

Post by DOTAPRINCE »

Darko wrote:Know what guys, Mario's tmcpraser seems to work on razor's edge demo:

Also Chrrox's noesis script.

I used simple ninja gaiden 3 unpacker to unpack. if someone has problems finding it, You can download it from here:

https://skydrive.live.com/#cid=FFBE4E57 ... 49FCBE!177

Mega lol, the demo contains:

2 Ayane Costumes, nude ayane, ayane covered with a towel and the model included in NG3.
2 kasumi costumes with 3 different hair styles (DMB).
Mizuki
And a set of different Hayabusas (normal, infected, unmasked and costume 01)

A lot of stuff considering It's just a demo.

Just rename the gmd to tmc and the ttcl to tmcl so both scripts can load them.
How did you extract from the demo? Is it supposed to be in iso format?
Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Darko »

DOTAPRINCE wrote: How did you extract from the demo? Is it supposed to be in iso format?
Download the demo from xbox live, save it in a pen drive, use an usb extractor (I don't remember the name right now) to extract the container and then use le fluffie to extract the files... or you can just download the demo from a torrent web site or direct download.
DOTAPRINCE
veteran

Post by DOTAPRINCE »

Darko wrote:
DOTAPRINCE wrote: How did you extract from the demo? Is it supposed to be in iso format?
Download the demo from xbox live, save it in a pen drive, use an usb extractor (I don't remember the name right now) to extract the container and then use le fluffie to extract the files... or you can just download the demo from a torrent web site or direct download.
Well I downloaded the demo and this is the file I got.

070D4A2A77B3FF9F74B675025AF4D3C1BA0005DE4B

With no extensions. Is it the right one to use the usb extractor for?
Tosyk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Tosyk »

DOTAPRINCE wrote:Well I downloaded the demo and this is the file I got.

070D4A2A77B3FF9F74B675025AF4D3C1BA0005DE4B

With no extensions. Is it the right one to use the usb extractor for?
use wxPirs
Thank you for all you do here
my blog | my forum