Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

PS3 - Metal Gear Rising Revengeance - WMB format

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
darksoul
beginner

Re: PS3 - Metal Gear Rising Revengeance - WMB format

Post by darksoul »

@ mariokart64n

sorry for the max noob question but,i run your maxscript and select em0110.dat from ps3 and nothing happens,what am i doing wrong here?

also you probaly know this but in pl folder are all raiden models
howfie
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by howfie »

xbox360 only; ps3 model format is totally different
RunaWhite
veteran

Post by RunaWhite »

Uhm... I have problems unpacking the .dat files. I successfully extracted all the stuff from the .cpk archive, but when I try to extract the characters I get this:
Error: invalid command "dat_header" or arguments -1 at line 1

Press Return wo quite
Any suggestion? :\ I have the 360 files, used Mario's script for the .dat packages...
howfie
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by howfie »

hey runa, pm me you know where and let me know what model you want. mario's script isn't completely ready yet.
Last edited by howfie on Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RunaWhite
veteran

Post by RunaWhite »

howfie wrote:hey runa, pm me you know where and let me know what model you want. mario's script isn't completely ready yet. i have a sample blender file there.
On my way :D thanks!
howfie
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by howfie »

oh btw, mario's script isn't for the dat files... you have to use quickbms and dataunpack.bms and then run mario's script on the wmb file. i'll send the bms script to you.

edit: actually, you're right runa, you do run it on the dat files lol.
howfie
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by howfie »

almost ready. say another day or two. all characters, items, weapons, with bones and weights but no textures. you guys will have to use mario's script or whatever script there is to get the textures. don't intend to process the stage meshes, which are in the scr files as the stages aren't all that impressive.

Tribalizer
n00b

Post by Tribalizer »

All of the weapons? How did you manage that if you don't mind me asking. I can only load up a couple, the rest are a broken mess.
mariokart64n
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by mariokart64n »

Earlier I wasn't able to find a FVF table to correctly read the vertex strides. but later figured it is globally defined in the start of the header, I think the first 8 bytes determine vertex stride/type and draw method, tristrip/trilist

I also got the bones and skinning working, but didnt bother updating since getting my ass shot down over at FP

I'm sure howfie's got it all figured out aswell, those guys over at FP will be over joyed lol

Maxscript and other finished work I've done can be found on my DeviantArt account
yanneric
ultra-n00b

Post by yanneric »

you are right :) you shouldn't release it, they don't deserve it, after all the nasty thing they said about you.
howfie
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by howfie »

i got skinning partially worked out... there are a few models with like an inner body and skinning is funky with that. indeed, within the first 16 bytes are the vertex format and triangle topology flags (i've only encountered triangle lists and tristrips with strip cuts).

anyways, have fun... i don't have textures (use mario's script for that). let me know if any models are screwed up. just use bms script for bayonetta to extract files, put exe in media directory and run. it will generate SMC files. load blender script in Blender 2.49b and run script. load SMC file. since i don't have textures, there may be bugs. lemme know and i see if i can fix.

http://www.sticklove.com/content/mgrr_xbox360.7z
howfie
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by howfie »

yanneric wrote:you are right :) you shouldn't release it, they don't deserve it, after all the nasty thing they said about you.
the thing about facepunch is that it's models or GTFO. they dont' want scripts or rippers, they want models, preferably in batches. i know better than to post there in the first place LOL! you guys ever see that one thread with chrrox posting a link to a maxscript and to xentax and they let him have it too? like i said, it's models or GTFO hahahahaha :D.
MrAdults

Post by MrAdults »

The threads I've seen on facepunch have led me to the conclusion that their culture centers around the elevation of the people who run scripts to rip models and occasionally do the braindead job of reskinning and/or setting up ragdoll bodies before illegally distributing the content that they've butchered. So I imagine that actually providing scripts and/or tools there could make the sad little men who rip and convert models feel insecure in their position of communal knobslobbing, and we certainly can't have that.

I've been meaning to do MGR support for Noesis, because I finished playing through it the other week and it was awesome. I was initially going to plug it into the Bayonetta plugin, but I saw that the format is in fact very different, and I've been too lazy to actually look at it since then. It's easier to pick away at little bugs and crashes that take 5 minutes to fix when I can actually muster the energy to sit down for a second after work or on the weekend. Programming for a living all day really ruins the appeal, and usually when I have a programming job and I start working on Noesis a lot again it just means the job has become boring as shit.

howfie, manually checking index ranges? You just don't get it. I have a dream, that one day every developer on this forum will control their own software. A framework of the truly free, dammit. A framework of action, not design goals, ruled by functionality, not committee! Where the scripting changes to suit the developer, not the other way around. Where the power and flexibility are back where they belong: in the hands of the developer! Where every developer is free to think, to act, for himself! Fuck all these limp-dick script kiddies and chickenshit rippers. Fuck this 24/7 internet spew of model requests and hentai bullshit! Fuck engineer pride! Fuck the common software packages! FUCK ALL OF IT! Blender is diseased. Rotten to the core. There's no saving it. We need to pull it out by the roots. Wipe the slate clean. BURN IT DOWN. And from the ashes, a new Blender will be born. Evolved, but untamed. The framework will be purged and the developers will thrive, to code as they see fit. They'll make Blender great again. In my new Blender, Noesis will target and bridge to it. Not for money, not for users, not because it seems convenient. Noesis will be free to work with software that doesn't suck!
howfie
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by howfie »

hahahahahahahahaha you looked at mah script? what's wrong with it lol :P? i have to admit, my knowledge of python is piss poor and i just do whatever seems to work hahahahaha.

P.S. BTW, your philosophy about life is pretty messed up compared to mines. All I want to do is program, make lots of money, and spend it so as to have lots of sex and make lots of babies :D.
windfury
beginner

Post by windfury »

Lol, I'm not sure if you've finished the game yet howfie.
I mean, if you have, you'd know where MrAdults' speech came from.