Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Star Wars - The Old Republic - Beta

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
Tribalizer
n00b

Re: Star Wars - The Old Republic - Beta

Post by Tribalizer »

Yep, fixed it.
SWTOR fan
veteran

Post by SWTOR fan »

Thank you very much for posting that list, Vindis! Getting the file names is a very arduous task, and working together speeds it up a lot.
Your list added 5,329 file names for me, so I suppose I got some file names myself already, but nevertheless good job! :)

There are many reasons why we have a different number of files. For example, if you have all three languages installed (English, German, French), you will of course have much more file names than if you just use the English files. Also, since the launcher patches the languages separately, make sure that you have all three languages patched.
Then, there are the "metadata.bin" and "ft.sig" files, which unlike other file names occur multiple times. My programs counts those as multiple file names, even though they theoretically should only be counted as two file names. This may result in a difference of something like 200 file names.
And of course, I only count the file names that are still used by the game. I have a few thousand file names still left over from the beta in case they should one day return, but I currently do not count them as file names.
Also, I did not include the main_gfx_1.tor file names, which contains mostly UI textures.

That being said, this is the current progress after I included your list. Both the live and the PTS client patched up to the latest version, with the German, English and French languages installed:
1.7.1: 98.002% = 406,184 / 414,465 (8,281 file names missing)
Beta 2.0: 96.346% = 429,444 / 445,732 (16,288 file names missing)

Most of the remaining file names originate from the animation and GFX archives. With better understanding of those files, it is easier to automatically get those file names. Nevertheless, getting the file names is mostly guesswork, and I would not set my hopes too high to get 100% progress, but 99.9%.

After I have merged Vindis' and my list, here you can download the most up-to-date list: http://www.sendspace.com/file/cbmgvt
This also includes the progress split up by the individual archives. I hope that this time you can use the hashes_filename.txt file with EasyMYP, since I am not entirely sure which format that file needs to be in.
Vindis
advanced

Post by Vindis »

I didn't thought getting the filnames this exhausting, spending literally hours/days to compile a list that gives you just a few filenames... Now I appreciate what you guys did more :up:

I have only en-us client, so basically i have around 380k file, which means 97.5% completion, but i always merge your list, and that's add the additional 20k :)

As I saw most of the missing files (from the gfx)tied to the cartel market, but i didn't find any useful info about them yet.

edit: with your list i have 98% 405997/414282 and have all the prototypes! (i wrote a simple program to list numbers from 16140000000000000000 to 1614999999999999999 and append directory/filename to it just to get those fricking prototypes :D glad i don't have to use it)
Vindis
advanced

Post by Vindis »

I've made a simple tool that might help discover new filenames (because there's a lots of file, what you can find in multiple directories).

The program use two file "c:\dirlist.txt" and "c:\filelist.txt", the output file is "output.txt", it's read both file and append filenames to the dirlist, so your dirlist have to look like

"/resources/anim/creature/acklay/
/resources/anim/creature/acklaydroid/"

and the filelist

"ad_body_yaw.jba
ad_cb_body_pitch.jba"

the output will be

/resources/anim/creature/acklay/ad_body_yaw.jba
/resources/anim/creature/acklay/ad_cb_body_pitch.jba
/resources/anim/creature/acklaydroid/ad_body_yaw.jba
/resources/anim/creature/acklaydroid/ad_cb_body_pitch.jba

then you can use the output in easymyp. This way i found nearly 3000 new animation file, but it works with any other dir/filenames.
I know it's not a big thing, but it saved me hours :D

so here it is http://rapidshare.com/files/2926264269/read.zip

And here's a hashlist with nearly 4000 new filenames (mostly icons, and animations). I'm focusing for the PTS now, because it can go to live in any "minute", but i think you can merge it to live.

http://rapidshare.com/files/2053843329/hashes_pts.zip
luke9511
beginner

Post by luke9511 »

does anyone have a working link for easymyp 3.6? or tormyp?
sezerix
ultra-n00b

Post by sezerix »

HI new to the forums and this area. big fan im trying to find the npc's like the imperials, and moff uniforms for a project im doing if any one could point me in the right direction or something I would be greatly appreciated.I have everything set up even removing line 156. any help would be appreciated (:
Acewell
VIP member
VIP member

Post by Acewell »

You'll need to browse through the *.tor files pertaining to the various bodyparts like swtor_main_art_dynamic_chest_1.tor, swtor_main_art_dynamic_hand_1.tor etc to find all the pieces, then combine the models in your favorite 3d software to form a complete set of gear.

luke9511 wrote:does anyone have a working link for easymyp 3.6? or tormyp?
EasyMYP_v3.6-Spec.rar (SWTOR build)
sezerix
ultra-n00b

Post by sezerix »

Well that's gona take alot of what about npc's ? like mandalorian npc's? and imp or are they all part's? There must be a spot for the npc's or are they all made from the dynamic clothes?
luke9511
beginner

Post by luke9511 »

AceWell wrote:You'll need to browse through the *.tor files pertaining to the various bodyparts like swtor_main_art_dynamic_chest_1.tor, swtor_main_art_dynamic_hand_1.tor etc to find all the pieces, then combine the models in your favorite 3d software to form a complete set of gear.

luke9511 wrote:does anyone have a working link for easymyp 3.6? or tormyp?
EasyMYP_v3.6-Spec.rar (SWTOR build)
thank you very much and i do apologize for not seeing this sooner and thanking you sooner!
levrivers
ultra-n00b

Post by levrivers »

sezerix wrote:Well that's gona take alot of what about npc's ? like mandalorian npc's? and imp or are they all part's? There must be a spot for the npc's or are they all made from the dynamic clothes?
Yup they're all parts. The dev's design tool most likely includes a drop down list creator. They select the race of the character they're making, then select an armour set. The armour set itself isnt a model, its just a piece of code that itself selects all the individual pieces of 3d meshes as a group. The reason all the meshes are individual is so that it greatly increases their customization abilities to make things look different and new in NPCs.
luke9511
beginner

Post by luke9511 »

is there a updated file list?
TheArk
ultra-n00b

Post by TheArk »

Yes, I am curious if anyone has an updated list for this as well.
Vindis
advanced

Post by Vindis »

Around five thousand new filename:

http://rapidshare.com/files/211000940/h ... lename.zip

not too much, but tbh, it's a windmill fight, without any point. Not too much interest around Swtor, and BW/EA doesn't help community either.
Alianin
ultra-n00b

Post by Alianin »

I would love to help with this, but I'm new and have no idea where to start. Can anyone point me to some tutorials or guides? I have a basic programming understanding and realize this all might be a bit over my head, but I figured it is worth a shot since there's demand but few people working on it. (Thank you SWTOR fan and Vindis for your work thus-far!)
TheArk
ultra-n00b

Post by TheArk »

Hey,

Just checking in to see if there are any more updates for the hash list since there have been several game updates. All the past ones have been very helpful and I want to thank everyone involved in this project.