Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Ninja Gaiden Black - kmd

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
dragbody
veteran

Ninja Gaiden Black - kmd

Post by dragbody »

Hello everyone!

This is my second thread of the day. I apologize if that's at all rude. I know I don't post much in these boards, but I read them all the time.

Ninja Gaiden Black on the original Xbox is one of my all-time favorite games. I decided I'd like a look at the files inside, so I looked into the iso and found these afs files. I'm not sure what that stands for, but Noesis exports them to kmd files which others on this forum have said is "Konomai Model." These files are a few years old and kmds have also been successfully utilized from some MG games if I'm not mistaken, so I'm hoping some method of converting them exists.

Here's a link: http://www.mediafire.com/?dft199cg1d99qwc

That's the chr_ryu.afs along with it's extracted parts as created by Noesis. I don't have any knowledge of the texture locations or format at this time though.

Thanks in advance for any help.
daydreamdirty
n00b

Re: Ninja Gaiden Black - kmd

Post by daydreamdirty »

wondering about this as well. Any help would be appreciated.
252gt
beginner

Post by 252gt »

Well

Is there any tools to extract the environment of NG Black [roll]

Because they are AWESOME
daydreamdirty
n00b

Post by daydreamdirty »

you know I do love the environment but I can't help if I don't know how to open the .kmd files.

If anyone can point me in the right direction I'll take a shot at it.
b0ny
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by b0ny »

kmd to xpr transformer (alpha version)

here's an unfinished tool that will transform ninja gaiden "kmd" to dead or alive ultimate "xpr" files(don't expect too much from it)
source code included - i hope it will help you to create your own tools to parse kmd files.
memesmemesmemes
ultra-n00b

Post by memesmemesmemes »

b0ny wrote:kmd to xpr transformer (alpha version)

here's an unfinished tool that will transform ninja gaiden "kmd" to dead or alive ultimate "xpr" files(don't expect too much from it)
source code included - i hope it will help you to create your own tools to parse kmd files.
Hey, i'm really interested to try this out but the link is dead, I don't suppose you still have the file and if you could please reupload it? :)