Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Tomb Raider (2013) (PC) (PS3) (XBOX) (*.tiger)

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
Ekey
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Re: Tomb Raider (2012) (PC) (PS3) (XBOX) (*.000.tiger)

Post by Ekey »

howfie wrote:ekey, if you don't mind me asking, how did you get the filenames?
Writed simple logger. Works like this looping call to hash func and read value from registers (in this case, EAX)
michalss

Post by michalss »

Ekey wrote:Well game completed. Here PC filelists update (copy in bin_tr9\projects\Tomb Raider 9\files)

Code: Select all

bigfile - +391
bigfile_english - +1066
patch - +56
title - +58
pack8 - +10

I was trying to unpack it but do you have fresh latest repo for unpacker somehwhere pls ?
Quick BMS Editor GUI - simple easy to use
Goto : viewtopic.php?uid=34229&f=29&t=6797&start=0

Downloads from DropBox : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/
howfie
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by howfie »

lol you guys want an unpacker that unpacks everything but generates 180,000 files + 1.8 million symoblic links with no filenames :D? at least the data in the 5,491 symbolic link directories appear to be organized... man this is crazy, there are some files that are linked to over 1,000 times, which kind of sucks cuz windows has a limit on the number of hard links to a file so i had to use symbolic links. kind of useless without meaningful extensions for the symbolic links but oh well...
OrangeC
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by OrangeC »

Ekey wrote:
howfie wrote:ekey, if you don't mind me asking, how did you get the filenames?
Writed simple logger. Works like this looping call to hash func and read value from registers (in this case, EAX)

Do you mind sharing the logger here?
Sammie
veteran

Post by Sammie »

howfie wrote:lol you guys want an unpacker that unpacks everything but generates 180,000 files + 1.8 million symoblic links with no filenames :D? at least the data in the 5,491 symbolic link directories appear to be organized... man this is crazy, there are some files that are linked to over 1,000 times, which kind of sucks cuz windows has a limit on the number of hard links to a file so i had to use symbolic links. kind of useless without meaningful extensions for the symbolic links but oh well...
Why do you want to extract the symbolic links? Nobody needs the same file 1000 times, so you need to extract every mesh only once and skip all symbolic links for this file. Inside the game its just a reference to a specific mesh used on different locations. There is no need to extract the references/symbolic links.
howfie
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by howfie »

heres the problem... files are not referenced by names. some of laras textures are shared amoung the various versions of her models. when processing a mesh, youll see like a number, 17. what texture is that and what directory is it in? stages also use the same tree, light, and statue models. given mesh 5, what model is that? answer: you dont know. but if all data thats used is listed using numeric links, you know. this way automatic texturing should be easy. youll see in an hour when i release my texture tool. hopefully someone else can do the models.
howfie
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by howfie »

Unpacker for PC version.
http://www.sticklove.com/content/tr9unpack.7z

Instructions:
1. Copy tiger files into a new, empty directory. It is very important that this directory be initially empty (see photo below).
2. Place ripper.exe and zlib1.dll in this directory as well.
3. Run ripper.exe.
4. Go somewhere for and hour or so and come back.

There will be 4 new directories when done.
bigfile.000\ will contain DRM files. Do not delete these; they are referenced by the files in the link directory.
bigfile.001\ will contain DRM files. Do not delete these; they are referenced by the files in the link directory.
bigfile.002\ will contain DRM files. Do not delete these; they are referenced by the files in the link directory.
bigfile.003\ will contain DRM files. Do not delete these; they are referenced by the files in the link directory.

symbolic_links\ will contain 5,000 or so directories, with each directory containing symoblic links to files in the bigfile directories. symbolic links suck, and i prefer hard links, but windows only allows 1,024 hard links per file linked too.

for example, open up symbolic_links/3358. lara croft is there and more textures for her are in the following directories. 3358 contains a mildly grunged up version of lara. there is also one model file in here, probably a partial lara model (it's only 98 KB so this model is probably an accessory for this version of lara that the other laras don't have.

if you think any one of these symlink files are important (most are shaders and references to scripts), but i believe i renamed all the meshes and texture files, let me know so i can modify it.

as usual, code is here.

one note about symbolic links for those who don't know or never heard of them. they are like shortcuts that you can rename like regular files. they are not Windows lnk shortcut files. so for example those dds files in the image... each dds file if you click on properties you see it is 0 bytes lol. double click on it and it will load in your image viewer. Windows treats it as a DDS file even though the actual data for that file is actually in another file (in a DRM file in one of the bigfile directories). deleting the DRM file, renaming the DRM file, or even moving the DRM file, will sever the link. this doesn't happen with hard links but i couldn't use hard links for reasons mentioned above.

have fun, there's like 7,000+ really nice textures. chris... you already working on or finished a mesh converter? you are usually always 5 steps ahead of me :P.
Last edited by howfie on Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ekey
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Post by Ekey »

Updated filelist. Added ~ 1300 names.
OrangeC wrote:Do you mind sharing the logger here?
maybe
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Researchman
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Researchman »

Decompressing files... please wait.
Decompressing files for link directory #0x0.
There are 1 symbolic links to this file.
Warning: failed to create hard link to G:\4\bigfile.000\0x2a6fd800.drm.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
howfie
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by howfie »

what system are you on? if i recall right symbolic links work on vista or higher, but the api is available on XP. do you have the "4/symbolic_links" directory present?

also, if you are running it a second time and already have a symbolic_links directory, delete the symbolic_links directory before running it again. windows does not let you overwrite existing symbolic links.

if you still get error, download it again. i updated the program to print an error code. let me know what your error code is. the 0xb7 (ERROR_ALREADY_EXISTS) i show below means that I didn't delete the symbolic_links directory before running it again. but i tried it right now in a C:\4\ directory and it worked great. don't use wine and if that doesn't work, if G is an external drive, try C (not sure how windows like links on external drives).

another common error is 0x522 (ERROR_PRIVILEGE_NOT_HELD), which means you need to log in as someone with administrator privileges.

Code: Select all

Decompressing files... please wait.
Decompressing files for link directory #0x0.
There are 1 symbolic links to this file.
Warning: failed to create symbolic link to C:\4\bigfile.000\0x2a6fd800.drm. GetLastErrorCode() returned 0xb7.
Researchman
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Researchman »

I use Win7 x64. symbolic_links have, but empty(5 492 folders).

0x2a6fd800.drm have 495 bytes.

This is repeats when delete all and start second time too.
howfie
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by howfie »

ok, get me that error code; as i am on x86, not x64. that file is indeed 495 bytes so looks like it's working just the CreateSymbolicLink function is failing for some odd reason, and that error code would help me out.

also, if anybody else run it and it works (or doesn't work), let me know :D.
Researchman
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Researchman »

I attach .txt with it - error messages not reports, because I run it throught command line.

Decompession process starts if run command line with administrator rights. Tool uses functions, which avaliable under administrator, right?
Sammie
veteran

Post by Sammie »

howfie wrote:heres the problem... files are not referenced by names. some of laras textures are shared amoung the various versions of her models. when processing a mesh, youll see like a number, 17. what texture is that and what directory is it in? stages also use the same tree, light, and statue models. given mesh 5, what model is that? answer: you dont know. but if all data thats used is listed using numeric links, you know. this way automatic texturing should be easy. youll see in an hour when i release my texture tool. hopefully someone else can do the models.
Thx for the explanation and your unpacker - works fine for me with Win7 x64 (but needs admin-privilegs).
I thought we talk just about simple unpacking first, before we go to further features like automatic texture-linking. ;)

I have looked at various .drm files for the PC-version with my hexeditor.

* There are uncompressed dds-Textures - just needed to be renamed to .dds.
* Unknown Mesh-Files
* Some DirectX-Shader-Files
* Some kind of "FSB4"-Audio-Files
* And many other unknown stuff.

Maybe you can scan more file headers inside your unpacker and rename the files directly instead giving all the same .drm-extension? Its easier to analyze if we could seperate meshes,textures, audios, shaders etc

Btw: The FX-Audio-Files can be converted&renamed to mp3 with FSB-Extractor. But you have to remove the first bytes (44AC0000000000000000000064000000) until "FSB4" to make it work.
relight
beginner

Post by relight »

howfie wrote:what system are you on? if i recall right symbolic links work on vista or higher, but the api is available on XP. do you have the "4/symbolic_links" directory present?
Windows XP SP3... "The procedure entry point CreateSymbolicLinkA could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll."

Look forward to a complete extract tool that is Windows XP compatible!