Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

(PS3) Virtua FIghter 5 / Project Diva Dream Theater

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
miku3945
ultra-n00b

Re: (PS3) Virtua FIghter 5 / Project Diva Dream Theater

Post by miku3945 »

thank you
miku3945
ultra-n00b

Post by miku3945 »

Excuse me, how do I extraction project 2 farc file
Mikitm007_tex. Bin. Gz is wrong
And back files isn 't open
Please help me

Sorry my English
miku737
ultra-n00b

Post by miku737 »

Does anyone know how to open the stage of tex. Bin file?
x=?
n00b

Post by x=? »

@chrrox
Can you help me ?I found the script couldn't open some dynamic stage , can you help me please?
@chrrox
rakisaionji
ultra-n00b

Post by rakisaionji »

Hello everybody! I'm new here!
I have already downloaded Project Diva Dreamy Theater on PSN, all what I got is a PKG file!
What should I do to extract those?
Please tell me step by step!
Thanks! :D

Softwares that I got:
- 3Ds Max 2012
- PkgView 1.3
- Quick BMS
rakisaionji
ultra-n00b

Post by rakisaionji »

emankcin700jp wrote:Well, it may be too late but here it goes anyway.

I think I figure out how to relate each vertex to a bone.
In the original script (virtual5.ms), it read each Bone (Bone1, Bone2, Bone3, and Bone4), divide them by 3.0 and group that into B1_array. Later it just use that number directly to create the mesh.

What should happen is to use some extra parameters stored at FOffset1 location.
1. Read the FCount1 amount of u16 integer stored at FOffset1 location.
2. Let's call this array as WeightIndex. Each face group will have it's own separate WeightIndex array.
3. Take the B1_array number (still divided by 3.0), index into the WeightIndex array to get a integer.
4. The resulting integer from the WeightIndex is the actual bone index for that vertex.

Anyway, as I said, it may be too late for anyone to give a damn about this anyway.
Can you give me a specified script? Thanks! :)
headgehof
beginner

Post by headgehof »

Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown is out
any upgrade :twisted:
wdw89
n00b

Post by wdw89 »

chrrox, can you check this script and the cmat files, someone write it to auto assign texture and material for Project Diva Dream Theater 1, but I can't contact that guy now. And I want to extract models from Project Diva Dream Theater 2. So if you can figure out how to do the auto assign texture in your method, it would be great.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eaglekuz
n00b

Post by eaglekuz »

Someone please check out how to rip Dreamy Theater Extend, I've tried on it but it wasn't work with my farc scrips TT^TT
mikulover39
advanced

Post by mikulover39 »

The Dreamy Theater Extend model farc files are encypted.
tomatofarmer
ultra-n00b

Post by tomatofarmer »

FYI - the script does work with Virtua Fighter Final Shodown for those looking for lots of new accessories and the few new stages/characters. (thanks a lot chrrox)

Can anyone using 3dsmax give a quick step by step on how to import the textures? I've never used max before and have been trying this out on one of our school's computer lab that has it installed. The script loads the models/accessories but it doesn't appear to associate the dds textures (which I have in the same folder as the object file) with the materials that are registered in the scene.

(is it suppose to? or are we expected to associate each material manually?)

((if it's the latter - where can we find a list of what dds files map to which materials?))

For example:

I'm trying apply the textures to saritm000_obj2 (sarah)

There are 5 multi-sub object basic parameters for this object:
- EYEBALL (ID 1)
- EYELENS (ID 2)
- SKIN (ID 3)
- SKIN (ID 4)
- HAIR (ID 5)

Next to EYEBALL I can click 'CH_EYEBALL_SD003Z2' but I don't see any reference to which file(s) are needed for this material.

I thought somewhere on this pane I would see 'saritm000_tex_4.dds' (which is the eyeball texture) but I don't.

It's pretty easy to guess which texture the eyeball is but for some of the stages I have no clue which textures go with what materials.

Any suggestions?

eaglekuz
n00b

Post by eaglekuz »

Hello, Is there anyone know a way to rip Motion too?
anime663
veteran

Post by anime663 »

Whenever i try to import a Dreamy Theater model to 3dsMax using this plugin it freezes, takes a loooooong time and then it freezes my entire computer making me have to force shut down and the model didnt get imported. Could you possibly fix it? Or is there something I have to do for it not to freeze my entire computer?
oddwarlock
ultra-n00b

Post by oddwarlock »

Based on chrrox's script, I've developed an import addon for Blender.

It's mostly comparable in features to the original, although it doesn't import bone weights right now.

If you're still out there chrrox, could you give me a hint (if you remember) as to where they're hiding the bones your script doesn't import? I'm pretty stumped.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
oddwarlock
ultra-n00b

Post by oddwarlock »

Good news!

I've discovered how the material/texture/image association is done, meaning textures are assigned automatically!

As long as you've extracted them from the *_tex.bin with chrrox's TXP script to the same directory and haven't changed the basename, the script will pick them up in the following order of preference: png, tga, dds. (Blender can render images correctly with the dds textures, but it doesn't look like the realtime GLSL works with them).

I used nvdecompress from https://code.google.com/p/nvidia-texture-tools/ for converting these dds to tga/png, but I'm sure there are others.

Also, if you have the tex_db.bin file in the same directory as the *_obj.bin file, I can retrieve the texture names from that file.

I've also incorporated bone weights based on the information from emankcin700jp, and I set the bone parent chains for most of the jigglebones.

I've only been able to test this with PDDT 1 and 2, would be interested to see if it works for VF5 as well.

Enjoy!