Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Ninja Ripper

General game file tools that are useful for more than one game
muroko
ultra-n00b

Re: Ninja Ripper

Post by muroko »

RacingFreak wrote:I still don't get what's the deal with these stairs [roll]
Just remap them to this texture:
Problem solved? :]
the problem is not the stairs only, but the whole scene. the scene contains around 1000 meshes (and its not like one building is one mesh, a mesh can be for example all the front sides of several buildings), i would say about 10 percent of the meshes are textured with a solo texture (mostly the ground and road , cars seem to be okay too), the other 90% (buildings and stuff) are mapped on this one texture atlas. i replaced the texture atlas with simple red texture to show which part of my scene is wrong mapped, and i made the stairs green to show the size of this thing lol ... im about to cry if i think about remapping everything that is wrong.

check out this image to see how big the problem is:
http://i.imgur.com/jiSizlP.jpg (size is too big to post it here i guess)

and yeah i could make the scene smaller, cut the parts i dont need and remap the remaining buildings myself, but i plan to render more stuff using this map, since its very realistic and san francisco matches the theme of my project
RacingFreak
veteran

Post by RacingFreak »

Ok, not really related to the thread...

I will suggest you to rip the map from the shift mode instead.
Sammie
veteran

Post by Sammie »

I think its not possible to fetch the correct UV-Coords from this file, cuz there is no info about how to use the atlas-texture.
The TEXCOORD-Block has 4 floats.. the last two are secondary UVs for Lightmap. I'am able to convert this values to match with the lightmap-texture.
The first two values have to be the regular UV Coords, but every face is centered nearly to 0|0-Point in UV-Space.. so we need another x/y value which is describing the position on the texture-atlas. And as far as I can see this info is not in the .rip-file.
muroko
ultra-n00b

Post by muroko »

RacingFreak wrote:Ok, not really related to the thread...

I will suggest you to rip the map from the shift mode instead.
I tried that, there was indeed a difference, when i ripped from shift mode, the meshes got a single standard texture instead of the multi/sub-object. still the outcome is the same :(
Sammie wrote:I think its not possible to fetch the correct UV-Coords from this file, cuz there is no info about how to use the atlas-texture.
The TEXCOORD-Block has 4 floats.. the last two are secondary UVs for Lightmap. I'am able to convert this values to match with the lightmap-texture.
The first two values have to be the regular UV Coords, but every face is centered nearly to 0|0-Point in UV-Space.. so we need another x/y value which is describing the position on the texture-atlas. And as far as I can see this info is not in the .rip-file.
thanks again for looking into it, so basically there is little chance that this can be solved by other than manual remapping every single face? :eek:
Sammie
veteran

Post by Sammie »

Its easier to make the scene by yourself. The buildings are really primitve and often duplicated over the scene. Just fix uv-textures for 4-5 different buildings, and copy the buildings again over your scene. All you have to do is to move the UVs for the other buildings in the atlas-texture to create many different-looking buildings.
MrAdults

Post by MrAdults »

Most games will set program variables to scale+bias the UV's on a per-draw basis for texture atlases. Ninja Ripper should be updated to dump those for each draw as well. (it shouldn't be much overhead since the wrapper can detect which ones are actually used)
fil1969
veteran

Post by fil1969 »

Sorry, i have problems with Hitman Absolution, the mesh are like flat.. how are the correct x-y-z coordinates to import
and also problems with the textures uv's ..
also the textures are a kind of blue...

please help! and sorry for my english
deadca7
beginner

Post by deadca7 »

fil1969 wrote:Sorry, i have problems with Hitman Absolution, the mesh are like flat.. how are the correct x-y-z coordinates to import

To fix the blue textures you need to swap the red channel with the blue channel.
Here's my quick and dirty Photoshop script that does the job for you http://filebeam.com/349161abf2095301b9f2c1cf1002c0d6
Almost every DX11 game I have ripped with NinjaRipper has this channel bug.

To fix the mesh you need to upload the rips so Sammie can take a look at it :)
fil1969
veteran

Post by fil1969 »

deadca7 wrote:
fil1969 wrote:Sorry, i have problems with Hitman Absolution, the mesh are like flat.. how are the correct x-y-z coordinates to import

To fix the blue textures you need to swap the red channel with the blue channel.
To fix the mesh you need to upload the rips so Sammie can take a look at it :)
Thank you very much.. i'm done with textures.. about the meshes, i see on the first post that the model is perfect.. so maybe he can tell me how are the coordinates... :)
Sammie
veteran

Post by Sammie »

fil1969 wrote:about the meshes, i see on the first post that the model is perfect.. so maybe he can tell me how are the coordinates... :)
Many games have different meshes with different blocksizes and uv-coordinates. And some of them have no clear float-uv coordinates or need special UV-calcluation.
Upload the mesh + textures and I will take a look.
fil1969
veteran

Post by fil1969 »

Sammie wrote:
fil1969 wrote:about the meshes, i see on the first post that the model is perfect.. so maybe he can tell me how are the coordinates... :)
Many games have different meshes with different blocksizes and uv-coordinates. And some of them have no clear float-uv coordinates or need special UV-calcluation.
Upload the mesh + textures and I will take a look.
Ok Sammie, thank you for your reply

here the 2 meshes: http://www.mediafire.com/?eelybospz4tsglv
are arms and gloves.. as you can see are almost flat.. i can scale them in Max is not a problem, but why some parts are good like the pants or the jiacket and some are all messed up?
Sammie
veteran

Post by Sammie »

fil1969 wrote:are arms and gloves.. as you can see are almost flat.. i can scale them in Max is not a problem, but why some parts are good like the pants or the jiacket and some are all messed up?
Its a good question... The Vertex-X-values are to small (should be multiplied with 3 or something). Maybe a ripper-bug or had to do with the T-Pose on DX11 Games. Or the vertices need weights (relationship of vertices to bones) to move to their correct position. Difficult to say.. :| The .rip files doesn't contain any bone-infos, so it is impossible to test it. :ninja:
Tosyk @ cgig.ru wrote:videoadapter rendering only veretices/triangles and not animation/skeleton/bones, so you can't rip what don't even exist
RacingFreak
veteran

Post by RacingFreak »

Hi, I've encountered normals issues and UV mapping not working in El Matador and Assassin's Creed II. Here are samples:

AC2: http://www.solidfiles.com/d/fb9c3c057c/

El Matador: http://www.solidfiles.com/d/21704c3880/

I hope you make a fix for them! Thanks :wink:
shadowmoy
veteran

Post by shadowmoy »

found a strange issue :
when capturing several frames , the textures come in the textures folder but the texture name in the rip file have a "_0" or "_1" added to the filename so they need to be reassignated manually in max, would be better to rip the all textures on a frame basis,
like frame0000 , textures0000 and so on so the captured filename match the one in the rip file, the conter for textures is already incrementing so on the second textures rip filenames won't match anymore...

anyway nice tool you got here :D
_-=<(¯`·._.·[ CodeMan ]·._.·´¯)>=-_
Sammie
veteran

Post by Sammie »

RacingFreak wrote:Hi, I've encountered normals issues and UV mapping not working in El Matador and Assassin's Creed II. Here are samples:

AC2: http://www.solidfiles.com/d/fb9c3c057c/

El Matador: http://www.solidfiles.com/d/21704c3880/

I hope you make a fix for them! Thanks :wink:
Aside from the fact that the UVs are wrong, most of rips have no texture-names, or wrong texture-names.
Cant find any model with the correct texturename inside, so its hard to fix the UVs. Have you tried another wrapper?
Btw: you can take a look into ForgeX to extract AS2-meshes.