Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
viperzerofsx
veteran

Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post by viperzerofsx »

TRDaz wrote:Is it possible to get 3DS models at all? I would have loved to get Raidou and Shiden from DOA:D
I actually don't think anyone has hacked the 3ds yet but I would love to be wrong about that
TRDaz
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by TRDaz »

Will have to wait until its possible to be hacked, but, thanks for the reply :)
b0ny
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by b0ny »

need testing on this blender addon

dead or alive online blender export script (blender 2.63/2.64a)
1. put "io_export_doau_xpr.py", "NvTriStripper-cli.exe" and "nvdxt.exe" in blender "addons" folder
2. activate the plugin in blenders config
3. create your scene and export it as xpr. you can load now your scene to greed explorer to see if it was exported correctly
4. use the doao private server or the pyserver(animation viewer) to play your "stage" ingame. for the private server:
a. convert it to emp using "XPR2EMP.exe"
b. rename it to "stage_EFC.emp" and put it in "\doa_online\data\ingame\Dat\stage\stage_EFC\" folder. you'll need doao with the last unofficial path on it
c. in lobby talk to the girl with a gift icon on her head and select the "3 Azuchi [down]" stage, and run a fighting mode to see your 3d scene

- to export textures with transparency layer, you should activate(at least before exporting) the "alpha" check box in the "influence" section of the texture settings tab(in blender)
- TODO: export shadeless textures; create simple cat files for simple low poly skins;

here is a remake of a stage from doa1u crated by me, with the source blender file (click to download)

feed back please(with pictures)

tried to swap kasumi's head with her head from doa5, but ended up swapping the head for bayman:
the morphing targets(face/hands/boobs animation) were disabled. some bug with big textures, thus the face texture were scaled down, from 1024x1024 to 512x512

if you're interested in a tutorial or this skin, just ask...
BakameExcalibur
advanced

Post by BakameExcalibur »

Sorry if this doesn't really have any "useful" information, but I've managed to rip the contents of my copy of DOA4, and the model files contained within some .afs archives seem to be of a similar format to the ones found in DOAX2. Unfortunately, the DOAX2 plugin for Noesis doesn't seem to recognize them, and exporting them to other formats doesn't work either. I also found that the movie files are in .sfd format, though the sfd2mpg tool doesn't work at all, and the PES 2012 Video Converter tool will produce a complete audio file, but a junk video file.

Has anyone successfully managed to get DOA4's model files viewable in Noesis?
JK88
ultra-n00b

Post by JK88 »

TRDaz wrote:Is it possible to get 3DS models at all? I would have loved to get Raidou and Shiden from DOA:D
viperzerofsx wrote: I actually don't think anyone has hacked the 3ds yet but I would love to be wrong about that
Actually seems that the thing is already happened:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVWIkC7qZuQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDbe3v9Rhjc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PjaDhR3w_Q
mariokart64n
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by mariokart64n »

.. thats the xbox version, NOT the 3DS version. you can tell from the button icons and the xbox menu lol
Maxscript and other finished work I've done can be found on my DeviantArt account
TRDaz
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by TRDaz »

So im using GreedXplorer to open DOAU models, but how would I get to export them? I only need them in obj format.
b0ny
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by b0ny »

tecmo360texturesExtractor.py

tecmo360texturesExtractor will extract textures from xbox360 tecmo texture container files such as:
doa5=TMC,SPR,--P,--H,TNF; ng3=TNF,TTG,IBL,GMD,EFFMC; doa4=TPR,XPR,C,CT; doax2=TPR;

this script requires python 3.2.3 installed on your computer(at least for me 3.3.0 didn't work):http://www.python.org/download/releases/3.2.3/

you can need a good dds viewer, here you can find one http://www.nvidia.ru/object/windows_texture_viewer.html, it's called "windows texture viewer"
Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Darko »

b0ny wrote:tecmo360texturesExtractor.py

tecmo360texturesExtractor will extract textures from xbox360 tecmo texture container files such as:
doa5=TMC,SPR,--P,--H,TNF; ng3=TNF,TTG,IBL,GMD,EFFMC; doa4=TPR,XPR,C,CT; doax2=TPR;

this script requires python 3.2.3 installed on your computer(at least for me 3.3.0 didn't work):http://www.python.org/download/releases/3.2.3/

you can need a good dds viewer, here you can find one http://www.nvidia.ru/object/windows_texture_viewer.html, it's called "windows texture viewer"
Use noesis to convert the textures regarding the nvidia windows texture viewer.
Last edited by Darko on Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
porimac
VIP member
VIP member

Post by porimac »

Edit: Disregard this post :|
Last edited by porimac on Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Darko »

It can't.
b0ny
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by b0ny »

Darko wrote:Use noesis to convert the textures regarding the nvidia windows texture viewer.
my tool(tecmo360texExtractor) vs noesis:
1 noesis will unpack any dds texture to ARGB32, my tool is keeping the compression, this "may be" good for resulting size (or quality if you'll decide to re-compress them to the initial size)

2 noesis can't handle the L8 format used in sprites(unbundler will crash on L8 files with width not divisible by 2)

3 noesis don't have scripts for "ALL" tecmo texture file types for doa5, doa4, ng3, "doax2(tpr only)"

4 using this tool you can extract all files found in a folder to separate folders for each file

5 if you have a xbox360 file that starts with "XPR2" magic word:
a)open the script in a text editor
b)add the extension of your file to the "extensions" list
c)save the script
d)now the script can extract textures from your file

P.S. when i reversed the "xbox360 deswizzle function" for my blender script i decided to make this tool, then i thought that it can be useful for anyone, so i added a gui and delivered
Last edited by b0ny on Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Darko »

b0ny wrote:
Darko wrote:Use noesis to convert the textures regarding the nvidia windows texture viewer.
my tool(tecmo360texExtractor) vs noesis:
1 noesis will unpack any dds texture to ARGB32, my tool is keeping the compression, this "may be" good for resulting size (or quality if you'll decide to re-compress them to the initial size)

2 noesis can't handle the L8 format used in sprites(unbundler will crash on L8 files with width not divisible by 2)

3 noesis don't have scripts for "ALL" tecmo texture file types for doa5, doa4, ng3, "doax2(tpr only)"

4 using this tool you can extract all files found in a folder in separate folders for each file

5 if you have a xbox360 file that starts with "XPR2" magic word:
a)open the script in a text editor
b)add the extension of your file to the "extensions" list
c)save the script
d)now the script can extract textures from your file

P.S. when i reversed the "xbox360 deswizzle function" for my blender script i decided to make this tool, then i thought that it can be useful for anyone, so i added a gui and delivered
The only issue is some DOA5 normal bumps are no correctly unswizzled :S
b0ny
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by b0ny »

Darko wrote: The only issue is some DOA5 normal bumps are no correctly unswizzled :S
yes. volumetric textures, because of the z dimension, are untiled incorrectly, i think i need a third complex loop in the untiling function to handle them.
maybe if i would understand anything in my revers-engineered unswizzle function i would fix this :(

also i extract cubic textures joined in one texture, though i can export them separately as unbundler does

is this possible to find any readable source code for xbox360 unswizzling? i have 'XDK' but i found a untiling code only in some dll compiled for powerpc(not even for x86)...