Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

WWE 13 (pac files)

Read or post about compression. And decompression. Or ask questions how to decompress your files.
OverTheEdge
ultra-n00b

Re: WWE 13 (pac files)

Post by OverTheEdge »

I'm currently trying to find out how to get to the crowd textures for this year's game in the audience.pac, but I'm beyond stumped right now. I've had quite a bit of success in accessing .pacs from '13 (360) that the current build of X-Packer doesn't handle, such as arenas and stuff, but I just can't figure this one out. Even once you get down to the .pach header with a hex editor, which would usually allow you to use the X-Packer from there, it seems as if there's another header shortly after it which will just stall up the program while it loads and never do anything.

I would love to be able to texture mod the crowd(s) and default signs, so if anyone has any idea on what to do here, I'm all ears and would definitely appreciate it.

Another thing I'm trying to figure out (but not nearly as urgent) is finding the 'A' button texture that appears in text boxes in Story Designer cutscenes. I'm looking to make the texture transparent, or just black, so it doesn't appear at all, but I've been unable to locate it. I think I found one .pac that had to do with the Story Designer, but I couldn't get any textures from it.
brienj
VIP member
VIP member

Post by brienj »

OverTheEdge wrote:I'm currently trying to find out how to get to the crowd textures for this year's game in the audience.pac, but I'm beyond stumped right now. I've had quite a bit of success in accessing .pacs from '13 (360) that the current build of X-Packer doesn't handle, such as arenas and stuff, but I just can't figure this one out. Even once you get down to the .pach header with a hex editor, which would usually allow you to use the X-Packer from there, it seems as if there's another header shortly after it which will just stall up the program while it loads and never do anything.

I would love to be able to texture mod the crowd(s) and default signs, so if anyone has any idea on what to do here, I'm all ears and would definitely appreciate it.

Another thing I'm trying to figure out (but not nearly as urgent) is finding the 'A' button texture that appears in text boxes in Story Designer cutscenes. I'm looking to make the texture transparent, or just black, so it doesn't appear at all, but I've been unable to locate it. I think I found one .pac that had to do with the Story Designer, but I couldn't get any textures from it.
You mean these people?
aud_00a.bmp
Maybe you should be looking in the right pac files. Just think about it logically, WHERE are the audience members located? Heck, you even mentioned already opening them up. Start exploring one of those pac files. ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GamingSinceAtari
n00b

Post by GamingSinceAtari »

Am I the only one having issues with the dlc pack 2? I downloaded it, put it in the right folder and my game freezes. I thought itmight have something to do with my edited game files, so then i went back to the original files, and still it would freeze. Then i deleted the 2nd dlc file and saw it loaded fine with the 1st pack like always, so i then took the dlc pack 2 and resigned it. Then it started working! But to my surprise the game would not let me save at all, kept saying "save failed!...." So then I had to delete all the files and put them back in the folder. It would then allow me to save again but once again the dlc pack 2 made the game freeze.... (It loads up, but it freezes when i try to start a match, edit moveset or entrance. Anyone have any suggestions? I have not edited the DLC at all, just downloaded it and uploaded it thats it.
brienj
VIP member
VIP member

Post by brienj »

GamingSinceAtari wrote:Am I the only one having issues with the dlc pack 2? I downloaded it, put it in the right folder and my game freezes. I thought itmight have something to do with my edited game files, so then i went back to the original files, and still it would freeze. Then i deleted the 2nd dlc file and saw it loaded fine with the 1st pack like always, so i then took the dlc pack 2 and resigned it. Then it started working! But to my surprise the game would not let me save at all, kept saying "save failed!...." So then I had to delete all the files and put them back in the folder. It would then allow me to save again but once again the dlc pack 2 made the game freeze.... (It loads up, but it freezes when i try to start a match, edit moveset or entrance. Anyone have any suggestions? I have not edited the DLC at all, just downloaded it and uploaded it thats it.
Install TU1. I had all kinds of freezing until that thing came out.
GamingSinceAtari
n00b

Theres only one TU right? If so then i have it, but the problem is, sometimes the game starts up and sometimes it doesnt when i have it in the cache folder.
brienj
VIP member
VIP member

Post by brienj »

GamingSinceAtari wrote:Theres only one TU right? If so then i have it, but the problem is, sometimes the game starts up and sometimes it doesnt when i have it in the cache folder.
Once you have it installed, don't un-install it. If you don't have a retail system, then don't put it in the cache, actually patch your xex file and install the other files that came with the patch file. Open the patch file with LeFluffie to extract it all. Use xextool to patch the original default.xex file with the default.xexp file. Then take the new default.xex file, along with all the other files that were extracted, and put them in your game folder, over-writing each and every file with the ones from the patch. Then you never have to worry about the patch not working, and the patch won't conflict if you modify any game files, which I bet is the problem you are having. You can NOT run any TU patch on a non-retail system, if you modify ANY of the game files, you must install the patch with the steps I said, and then modify the new files. As I said before though, I would never run the game without the patch ever again, because you'll get nothing but freezes all the time.

To add to my previous post to OverTheEdge, about the audience.pac file, here is what is contained in the audience.pac file -
Audience.pac.jpg
As you can tell, it contains all the signs that the audience members hold, and there are a bunch of them, but as I said before, the actual audience members are not in the file. I am working on making an extractor, so everyone can extract the files like I can.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
OverTheEdge
ultra-n00b

Post by OverTheEdge »

Not sure what happened to my last reply. Probably something to do with that board being down, but in case you didn't see it, I'd like to say thanks again, brienj. Found the crowd. Not sure why I thought the 0190.pac was the only one with actual textures in it (like how the 000C is the only one with the color.dds for wrestlers). I greatly appreciated you pointing me in the right direction.

On the note of the audience.pac/crowd signs and your extractor, I'm definitely looking forward to that. It looks ridiculously useful.
GamingSinceAtari
n00b

Hey hows it going guys? I havent really played wwe13 for a while now but i just download the dlc 3 and Im ready to give it another round. Only problem is i have this issue with the patch. Now i tried to do everything that brienj said but for some reason after i patch the xex file and i try to load the game I keep getting "This game couldn't start. Try downloading it again." I've followed just about every tutorial i could find to patch the xex file with xextool. When i use the original xex file its loads up fine but at the selection screen it always freezes on me. Can anyone help? This is getting frustrating...
brienj
VIP member
VIP member

Post by brienj »

GamingSinceAtari wrote:Hey hows it going guys? I havent really played wwe13 for a while now but i just download the dlc 3 and Im ready to give it another round. Only problem is i have this issue with the patch. Now i tried to do everything that brienj said but for some reason after i patch the xex file and i try to load the game I keep getting "This game couldn't start. Try downloading it again." I've followed just about every tutorial i could find to patch the xex file with xextool. When i use the original xex file its loads up fine but at the selection screen it always freezes on me. Can anyone help? This is getting frustrating...
Download my WWE12-WWE13 Texture Tool from 360Haven. Included inside the rar file is the TU1 able to be installed on the HD where it should be installed. Never install TUs in the cache folder if you intend to mod a game. Also, make sure you deleted the TU in the cache, if you ever installed it there.
GamingSinceAtari
n00b

Alright first let me say thanks brienj for trying to help. Ok now let me say that this is driving me crazy. Draven sent me all of the dlc files hes using as well as the patched files... I installed everything, and made sure the TU wasn't in the cache anymore. But guess what? Still freezes on me. It happens when I choose any of the wrestlers from dlc pack 2 or 3. Either when trying to start a match or in CAE. I've tried just about everything, I even installed a fresh install of the game on a unused USB and it still does the same. If I load up the game with just the first day dlc without the other 2 packs the game loads up and runs fine. I am starting to think it may have something to do with my system but I play nba2k13 all the time and have no issues. The only issue i had, which i mentioned to draven, is for some reason sometimes i go to save my file in nba2k13 and afterwards when i try to load it, it says the file is damaged and it continuously does that with any file i save until i restart the system and clear the cache, (The same thing happened with wwe13 once but hasn't happened in a long time). Do you have anymore suggestions? This is crazy I dont know what it could be?
redman
advanced

Post by redman »

btw: anyone tried to insert wwe 12 wcw arenas to 13?