Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Counter-Strike Xbox Recompiling

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
UnReAlMaCk
VIP member
VIP member

Counter-Strike Xbox Recompiling

Post by UnReAlMaCk »

would you guys ever support making a .wad from just a bunch of files? like after extracting it, recompiling it rather than injecting it back?? THAT WOULD BE AWESOME! Because i can like inject new maps, but the textures never work right because their isnt a .wad, it uses .xpr and thats why i want to recompile from scratch. SO PLZ PLZ enable recompiling for CS Xbox!!! BEST modding tool ive ever used EVER! :D
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

Thanks! :) We'll think about it ...!
UnReAlMaCk
VIP member
VIP member

Post by UnReAlMaCk »

plz plz do it because i could do SOOOOOOOOOOOO much more to this game! :mrgreen:
Rusty_le_Cyborg
advanced

Re: Counter-Strike Xbox Recompiling

Post by Rusty_le_Cyborg »

UnReAlMaCk wrote:would you guys ever support making a .wad from just a bunch of files? like after extracting it, recompiling it rather than injecting it back?? THAT WOULD BE AWESOME! Because i can like inject new maps, but the textures never work right because their isnt a .wad, it uses .xpr and thats why i want to recompile from scratch. SO PLZ PLZ enable recompiling for CS Xbox!!! BEST modding tool ive ever used EVER! :D
To get that to work you would have update the CSX executable file to work with wads....

It would still look to the xpr file for the necessary textures....
UnReAlMaCk
VIP member
VIP member

Post by UnReAlMaCk »

lol i have a full map done, Aim_ak-colt-arena, i just hex edited the file that has the textures in de_dust.SXWad so it cant read it, because the map im using has built in textures, idk how but it dose, and so dose fy_snow, so im hoping i can get a full game of mods, also, im working on hex editing the files so they lead to the spot a .wad would be on the pc game. And so far, i can inject!! i change the directory where the file is in hex editor and it puts the file in there. ITS AWESOME! Im just about to test it and ill let you know how it works out! :D

Post by Guest »

hey the executible dose work with .wad's because their is a file in all the maps "decals.wad" that has a bunch of textures. im pretty sure it would work with .wads, and if im wrong, it would still be easier to make new maps and such from recompiling because when you inject a new file, it dosent delete the old one, and the file gets bigger in size, making the game a lot longer while loading, so could you at least try to make this recompile CS Xbox.Wad's? :P