Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Help again! WWE WMXXI

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

themasterthree wrote:Yeah thats why I did what Ive been asking you 2 do for the last week in about 1 hour. You didnt have 2 make it sound all technical either it was pretty simple. But its pretty much random which texture come out perfect. Its like a 1 in 25 chance.

Sounds good brienj hope you can make importing possible as well as getting textures out more easily.
1. It IS technical, you should know what you are doing
2. You make it sound like you've been asking me to do something, and I didn't comply. I was busy focusing on what the actual DDS format of the damn files were, as you tried to import an altered icon file (that will show up any face in the select screen) and it failed. That put me off track, as that might mean there's more to it that what I thought. Thus, the puzzle was the DDS files, not extracting textures. That's not my job. I don't need to mod the game, I just need to create a tool or update for MultiEx Commander to make it possible for other people to do whatever they think they need to do. I'm not here to grant every wish people have. Some people seem to forget that I'm doing this in my spare time, whenever *I* feel like it.

Seems Brien has done the same I did though, so that approach should have worked. As for it being easy, yes it is easy. And I explained it previously.
brienj
VIP member
VIP member

Post by brienj »

themasterthree wrote: Yeah thats why I did what Ive been asking you 2 do for the last week in about 1 hour. You didnt have 2 make it sound all technical either it was pretty simple. But its pretty much random which texture come out perfect. Its like a 1 in 25 chance.

Sounds good brienj hope you can make importing possible as well as getting textures out more easily.
I won't be making an importer, I don't know much about compression formats, as I stated before. I am hoping that Mr. Mouse will be able to work on that, and you should be a little nicer to him, because he could say, screw you guys, and then it would be a lot longer to be able to import anything.

Figuring out file formats is a lot more technical than you think, just because you can extract a texture 1 in 25 times proves that point. Also, wouldn't you rather be able to extract them 1 in 1 times, it seems you like to gamble a lot.

The reason you are having a low success rate is because each one of the textures for the .k model files is more than likely each a different size, especially the one for the head, which is prolly the biggest one. Also, I know by quickly looking at the data, that the beginning of the model file has the textures, several of them, then near the end it has the actual 3d model structure of the file. Just be patient and either have fun playing the game until somebody makes it easy for you to do it, or don't bitch about not be able to figure it out. ;)
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

Well, anyway. I have done enough to support modding on this game I think.

I'll try to post some specifications of the .k and .res files in the future, although I don't think it will be a problem for Brien or anyone else to figure it out.

This project is too time consuming. And I don't have so much free time. I hope that enough info is available now. :)

Good luck! Topic closed.
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

Okay well, it's open for anyone who has ideas to help out others. Consider me not actively busy with this subject, until further notice.
brienj
VIP member
VIP member

Post by brienj »

Well thanks for re-opening this thread, I thought I was going to have to hurt themasterthree for making you close it. :D

I only wish we could eventually import stuff into the WAD files, it would allow people with a modded Xbox to do some really crazy shit to the game. I'm happy though that at least I was able to extract the stuff that i did with your program, so thanks for at least supporting the game as far as that goes. If I finally figure out the file formats, I'll gladly share the info with you, if you want to add them to your program. I really want to show my appreciation for what you have done, because I know what it feels like to have people that you don't owe anything to, begging that you tell them everything, and begging that you do it for them right now.

I would love if you did some more work on the game, and you would have at least one person be thankful for it. :)
cfcrule
n00b

Post by cfcrule »

Thanks for all your work Mr.Mouse

I know i'm not actually helping brienj with the programs but thanks for your help.

Brienj you said that goldberg had his model and textures does that mean the textures are seperate because i've just seen rikishis model is in there as well.
themasterthree
Banned

Post by themasterthree »

Brienj you got the wrong idea about everything me and mouse are cool we talk on msn sometimes I was being sarcastic. I figured out how 2 extract everytype of texture now maybe you should look back a page. Also I could care less about importing into this shitty game I just wanted 2 extract the textures so I can make texture mods for WWF No Mercy the greatest wrestling game ever made. Also Im pretty sure you wouldnt of even know about goldberg being in the game if I didnt inform everyone on gamefaqs about it over a week ago! Dont tell me lies cause I know for a fact you just heard about accessing the .wad files a couple days ago. So you should be giving me some credit Im the first 1 from the public 2 discover the goldberg.k file.

btw I will eventually figure out the resign info then I will tell everyone how they can cheat on live just 2 piss you off.
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

Okay, well, let's all just relax now. And work on the problems at hand. Without pissing the others off bit, okay? :hippy:

After all, I am also one of the mods here. :rock:
TheKidRocker
VIP member
VIP member

Post by TheKidRocker »

I've been following your progress here for the past few days and I want to say thank you to Mr Mouse and anyone who helped getting it as far is got until now.

It would be awesome if someday we'd be able to make updates to the game like it happend for WWE RAW on the PC. :)
greendayduh
VIP member
VIP member

Post by greendayduh »

There is a game extractor plugin that allows import functions. But no use for it as of yet and yeah thanks Mr Mouse and brienj. Nice to see brien helping me again!
Captain
Site Admin

Post by Captain »

themasterthree wrote:btw I will eventually figure out the resign info then I will tell everyone how they can cheat on live just 2 piss you off.
Don't act like a dickhead or I will ban you.
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

Its weird. The DDS plugin for Photoschop can open a DXT4 file, but won't save it as a DXT4. Only options are DXT1, 3 and 5 and a bunch of others, but no DXT2 or DXT5. :think:
friendsofwatto
VVIP member
VVIP member

Post by friendsofwatto »

Maybe they are secretly trying to steer people away from using the version 2 and 4 of DXT - forcing them to use the more common formats?

WATTO
[email protected]
http://www.watto.org
Game Extractor - Read and write thousands of game archives!
TheKidRocker
VIP member
VIP member

Post by TheKidRocker »

i found that:
In case you're wondering, DXT2 and DXT4 assume colors are premultiplied by the alpha channel, and are not supported.
Its no help though :(
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

I have reason to believe the textures are in DXT5 format, not DXT4.

Brien, how did you come to the conclusion they are in DXT4 format? Am I missing something?