Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

WWE 13 (pac files)

Read or post about compression. And decompression. Or ask questions how to decompress your files.
nsieniski
beginner

Re: WWE 13 (pac files)

Post by nsieniski »

Nice work with Billy Gun there :)
By the way, is there a way to import models from previous game (I mean 2011......)
And how did you finally fix the WWE12 models in WWE13?
DRAVEN
advanced

Post by DRAVEN »

No older models dont work yet and may not work it would rest on chrrox making a new importer for 3ds max and hoping brienj can do something with his exporter

I have not really fixed the models, I have a work around, their is a code problem with the models not a texture problem..
and its to do with the emotions animations if you remove the blood textures the models play in game fine but in create a story the face is darker and has some lighting issues
the model have the same texture as the new models and bones are named the same.. so its still a miss...

I have remade all the textures to the right mipmaps and sizes and the game still loads them fine with the same errors..
nsieniski
beginner

Post by nsieniski »

Ok, It seems that it's more complicated than before...
We can still modif the spec map and the opacity is now one of the RGB channel (mask map)
But the sweat system is a little bit tricky now. It seems that there is no map of it like in 2011 for exemple.
I made a Nation of Domination Faarroq and it looks really cool but the model keep sweating on his top attire.
It's not really a big deal since the year again, sweat is not really noticeable.

I spent a lot of time on 2011, I barely play wwe12. In fact I gave it a try a few months before wwe13 came out.
I started modding Ezequiel Jackson into Ahmed Jonhson and was hoping to inject him in wwe13...

So many things are new to me now.
No doubt that the coming weeks and months are going to ne quite exciting...! :)

By the way, a HUGE THANK YOU to DRAVEn, Redman, Tekken57, Chrrox, Tich, Plodtrew, Brienj and all the guys that make it so great and bring so much fun!
nsieniski
beginner

Post by nsieniski »

Draven, how to you get rid of thr blood to make wwe12 models look right in wwe13?
Thank you
kyo2tjr
ultra-n00b

Post by kyo2tjr »

could someone please upload ed49.pac for 12 again. the last one uploaded by tich has been deleted.
dont have copy of the 360 version but ps3 version but cant extract the file.
thanks in advance
plodtrew
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by plodtrew »

@draven, can you explain the menu glitch you mentioned? When I select diva's it doesnt bring up the old style menu. If we can select wresters using the old style menu, there will be no need to add them as dlc.

I've already added wresters to unused slots and also enabled the npc's, but there is no way to select them at the moment. Well except if you select them in the royal rumble as the old style menu is used when selecting computer opponents.

@tich, yes you can hex edit the save and xpacker will fix it for you. I'm only adding functionality to edit the wrestler info though as I don't people to use xpacker for online cheating.
tich
n00b

Post by tich »

plodtrew wrote:@draven, can you explain the menu glitch you mentioned? When I select diva's it doesnt bring up the old style menu. If we can select wresters using the old style menu, there will be no need to add them as dlc.

I've already added wresters to unused slots and also enabled the npc's, but there is no way to select them at the moment. Well except if you select them in the royal rumble as the old style menu is used when selecting computer opponents.

@tich, yes you can hex edit the save and xpacker will fix it for you. I'm only adding functionality to edit the wrestler info though as I don't people to use xpacker for online cheating.
cool, I was thinking of editing save to inject caws and arenas, not to cheat online, so if xpacker allow us to fix save, I'll finally will be able to oinject caw and arena on my save :D
brienj
VIP member
VIP member

Post by brienj »

plodtrew wrote: @tich, yes you can hex edit the save and xpacker will fix it for you. I'm only adding functionality to edit the wrestler info though as I don't people to use xpacker for online cheating.
I don't want to tell you how to make your programs, but if you really don't want people to cheat online, I advise to check that the checksum is correct when opening the save, that way your program is only fixing the checksum for what people change with YOUR program. Another way to do it, which I explained to PUR3 RAF3X, is to update the checksum based on what your program changes, so if the checksum was incorrect before being opened by your program, by people changing things on their own, after it leaves your program, the checksum will still no longer be any good. ;)

This is how I've been making my newer programs the past couple years. If you don't do it this way, you may as well add the ability to change everything in your program, because people will be able to do it anyway with a hex editor and then use your program to fix the checksum. If you don't want to be associated with cheating online, this is the ONLY way you can make the program.

BTW, when I went to add some wrestlers as DLC, I was having problems with the wrestler's brand showing as an unknown brand in Universe, as well as you not being able to change the brand using the game interface. Are you able to add people to different slots and actually have the brand work correctly for them? If so, I may help on making the DLC to add wrestlers as DLC.
plodtrew
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by plodtrew »

Thats a good idea to check the checksum when opening the save, never thought of that. Thanks for the suggestion.

I never tired changing the brand before until you mentioned it now. When I assign a wrestler to an unused slot, the brand does appear in the game. I can change it in x-packer but not the in game interface. The game gives me the "Superstar cannot be transferred to this brand ... minimum roster of 15 ..." error.

I've noticed that this error also occurs with the NPC's.
brienj
VIP member
VIP member

Post by brienj »

plodtrew wrote:Thats a good idea to check the checksum when opening the save, never thought of that. Thanks for the suggestion.

I never tired changing the brand before until you mentioned it now. When I assign a wrestler to an unused slot, the brand does appear in the game. I can change it in x-packer but not the in game interface. The game gives me the "Superstar cannot be transferred to this brand ... minimum roster of 15 ..." error.

Yeah, that's the error, and I am wondering if there is some game file that has a list of usable slots in Universe, kind of like the costume list in the misc.pac file. I haven't had time to look through all the game files, but I have a feeling that there is either a list like that, that tells the game not to allow new slots into Universe mode, or it could possibly be hard-wired into the xex file, but I doubt that, since they would have to update the xex file with each DLC pack they released. When the next DLC pack comes out, we should be able to narrow it down to that list being in one of the files in the DLC. ;)

It wouldn't help people with retail 360s, but at least JTAG, RGH, and devkit 360s could fix it, and to be honest, I really don't even care about making things work for retail anymore.

BTW, if you have debug capabilities on your 360, I'll eventually be making a trainer of some sort.
GamingSinceAtari
n00b

Post by GamingSinceAtari »

FINALLY!... Brien HAS COME BACK....... to WWE Games!

:lol:

The funny thing is, ive had "people" on caws.ws pm me asking if brienj was gonna make a program to override some of the restrictions in the game this year. Some of the same "people" that wanted him banned. Funny how that works. [roll]
plodtrew
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by plodtrew »

@brienj, look forward to the trainer.

Anyone know how that menu glitch works?
OverTheEdge
ultra-n00b

Post by OverTheEdge »

brienj wrote:
plodtrew wrote:Thats a good idea to check the checksum when opening the save, never thought of that. Thanks for the suggestion.

Yeah, that's the error, and I am wondering if there is some game file that has a list of usable slots in Universe, kind of like the costume list in the misc.pac file. I haven't had time to look through all the game files, but I have a feeling that there is either a list like that, that tells the game not to allow new slots into Universe mode, or it could possibly be hard-wired into the xex file, but I doubt that, since they would have to update the xex file with each DLC pack they released. When the next DLC pack comes out, we should be able to narrow it down to that list being in one of the files in the DLC. ;)

It wouldn't help people with retail 360s, but at least JTAG, RGH, and devkit 360s could fix it, and to be honest, I really don't even care about making things work for retail anymore.

BTW, if you have debug capabilities on your 360, I'll eventually be making a trainer of some sort.
So great to see you doing stuff with this game--especially considering the fact that I'm finally looking into getting a JTAG.

As for the next batch of DLC, it's out next Tuesday (12/4), so you should hopefully be able to find your answer then.
brienj
VIP member
VIP member

Post by brienj »

You will now be able to easily import textures into the game if you have a xbdm plugin or devkit Xbox 360 -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orKUUzsagxU
nsieniski
beginner

Post by nsieniski »

Does anybody knows how to get rid of the extra shiness when importing wwe12 models?
Not the emotion bug but the lighting bug.
It happen to me when my wwe12 model came in first for a match and he shows just fine when he comes second.... weird.
I know that Draven found a way but he doesn't seem to be around....

I was also wondering in waht pac file are stored the superstars pic ?

Thank you for any kind of help!