Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Ninja Gaiden 3 (NG3) / Dead or Alive 5 (DOA5) noesis script.

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
BakameExcalibur
advanced

Re: Ninja Gaiden 3 (NG3) / Dead or Alive 5 (DOA5) noesis scr

Post by BakameExcalibur »

Protocol X27 wrote:
BakameExcalibur wrote: 360, then using something like Horizon to rip the files off of the flash drive.
Thanks, that was the original plan which I have done. When Horizon extracts it though I'm only get a 'string' folder name full of DataXXXX files. I've tried adding the doa5_tool folder to this and/or the parent folder, but when I run it to extract files its saying file not found. At least with the DLC I can tell it is in more of an 'apparent' file structure. Also Horizon isn't giving me a 'Contents' tab like it did with the DLC, thoughts?
Hmm... not sure. Just got around to actually trying the extract-from-USB trick (finally got a flash drive big enough for the job), and now I'm running into the same issue. Hope I'm just forgetting a step somewhere...
chrrox

Post by chrrox »

did you use god2iso
BakameExcalibur
advanced

chrrox wrote:did you use god2iso
Ugh, duh, thank you, I knew I was forgetting something. Extracting the ISO using wx360 seems to work fine afterwards.
Protocol X27
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Protocol X27 »

BakameExcalibur wrote:
chrrox wrote:did you use god2iso
Ugh, duh, thank you, I knew I was forgetting something. Extracting the ISO using wx360 seems to work fine afterwards.
I did use god2iso the first time before switching to the xbox backup creator method, :( Am I supposed to do something after once I have the ISO file from that process?

Edit: sorry I posted before all of that sunk in. I'm going to try the wx360 part now.
Edit2: Awesome, thanks guys, that worked. Now I should be able to extract, will move forward on that in a couple of days. :D

In the mean time, tech question. Since Horizon allows a file to be extracted / injected, what process occurs on the Xbox 360 to prevent a modified DLC from running in relation to the signing process? Or does it not affect it all? I'm just curious as to the conceptual workings that actually verify that a file has been altered from its original state (at least in an offline environment) since modded systems obviously allow unsigned code to run and default systems do not.
Mobuis
beginner

Post by Mobuis »

Can any one confirm that there are only DLC packs 1,2,5,6,7 ?where it seems like 1 and 2 are almost identical except for the first suit I think its ayanes suit
JayK
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by JayK »

I think that's correct, apart from there probably being a 3 and 4 relating to the devil swimsuits for ayane, tina and christie, as well as devil swimsuits for kokoro, helena and lisa, that one is entitled the divas pack.
andthen619
beginner

Post by andthen619 »

can someone make a tutorial on how to get everything working. I would like to to extract the textures and replace with new ones. I am a great artist but not so great with code and tech stuff.
Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Darko »

Any news about the script??
andthen619
beginner

Post by andthen619 »

got horizon and extracted dlc and got the doa5 tool to extract the models but I don't understand how to get them to work with noesis.
someone uploaded a model of kokoro already ectracted and I was able to open that in noesis. can someone make some simple noob steps for me to follow. not sure what I am doing wrong.
andthen619
beginner

Post by andthen619 »

http://i50.tinypic.com/20pucra.jpg
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=awfggp&s=6
got some textures i made but how do i now put it back together to play in game?
Protocol X27
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Protocol X27 »

I have .tmc files extracted, dropped the .py script into the proper plugins folder for Noesis and I can view the list of objects, but I cannot yet open / view anything in Noesis. Anyone know what I missed?

I haven't used Noesis prior to this, :(
JayK
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by JayK »

Did you put their corresponding tmcl files in with them, renamed the same?
Protocol X27
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Protocol X27 »

rman2 wrote:Did you put their corresponding tmcl files in with them, renamed the same?
Looks like I did. All of the .tmc files have a corresponding .tmcl file with the same name, but I notice that Noesis is only seeing the .tmc files. Is that normal, or am I missing a plugin? I am using the 1.4 version of the python script.

All of the files are located in the \doa5_tool\doa5_characters_(chara_common) folder from the actual export.

So at this point no dice. :-/
JayK
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by JayK »

You need to download the version from this link;

viewtopic.php?p=79267#p79267
BakameExcalibur
advanced

Hmm... seems upgrading to Windows 8 partially broke the script. I can still see the models fine, but the textures don't show up.

edit: I'm an idiot; seems installing DirectX9 runtime components bring the missing textures "to life".
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.