Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Help again! WWE WMXXI

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

brienj wrote:Because the saves are resigned to your Xbox HD Key, so it will only work on my Xbox right now, unless I resign it to work on another. I'm sorry, but if I reveal the resign info, then people can give their CAS ungodly high stats and cheat like hell on XBL. Maybe I can work out a deal with Mr. Mouse and he can make a program that will automatically resign the saves for you, without revealing the resign info. Can we work something out you think?
That would be satisfactory :) I don't actually play the game, but I can see what you mean. :wink:
brienj
VIP member
VIP member

Post by brienj »

Yeah, I made a CAS with the stats all at 20, but didn't try any higher, but I bet it can go pretty high and I'm sure people that play on XBL don't want to find out how high they can go. :wink:
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

Okay, well, let's work together on this one then, see if we can come up with a nice tool for the community. 8)

Post by Guest »

So your saying you dont need a modded xbox, because Ive heard you cant get on live with a modded xbox.
brienj
VIP member
VIP member

Post by brienj »

Anonymous wrote:So your saying you dont need a modded xbox, because Ive heard you cant get on live with a modded xbox.
No, but you have to be able to obtain your HD Key. When I finally finish my program I'll be distributing it to everyone. ;)
cfcrule
n00b

Post by cfcrule »

Is it gonna be for people who donate to you though?.
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

brienj wrote:
Anonymous wrote:So your saying you dont need a modded xbox, because Ive heard you cant get on live with a modded xbox.
No, but you have to be able to obtain your HD Key. When I finally finish my program I'll be distributing it to everyone. ;)
Well, you do not want to work together then, you wish to get all the credit?
brienj
VIP member
VIP member

Post by brienj »

Mr.Mouse wrote:
brienj wrote:
Well, you do not want to work together then, you wish to get all the credit?
Nothing against you, but there is some soure code that I have to keep a secret as well as the AuthKey a secret, but if I figure out a way to get around that, then you could help, especially by making a gui for it, because my app will more than likely be a command line tool. ;)

You could easily make the program to manipulate the files, and only need my program to resign it, but let me work it out some more, and I may have you help with that too, if you want. ;)
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

I'll PM you about this. :)
themasterthree
Banned

Post by themasterthree »

Brienj how did you get your face in the game? You must know something about the .res format. I need 2 extract .res and .k files badly so I can use the textures in other games (wwf no mercy) If you can be any help I would appreciate it.
themasterthree
Banned

Post by themasterthree »

Yes I finnaly got a texture out!! Only took me 100 tries but I got a wm21 texture out! Not 2 bad 4 someone with no knowledge of what they are doing. Ok now smart people figure out the .res and .k formats so I can get all the sweet textures out!!

Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

Smart people have already figured out these formats. :wink:

Was the Guide helpful ? Or did you do it along the lines I've shown above?
brienj
VIP member
VIP member

Post by brienj »

I know that the .res files, at least for the CAS icons, are 128 x 128 DXT4 images, but since the DDS plugin won't let you save a DXT4, you can save them as DXT5 after changing them, they will work in place of the DXT4 textures. I haven't delved deeper into the actual textures on the body, but I ampretty sure they are more than likely the same format, but of a larger size, more like 256 x 256 or maybe 512 x 512 or something like that. They could be DXT1, but I'm pretty sure that most hair texture is prolly DXT4, since it can have different degrees of Alpha transparency instead of a single bit Alpha, which is what the DXT1 textures have.

Of course you must take the game header off the file, if it has one, the save files do, then supply a good DDS header, edit the file, then take the header back off, and put the game header back on. ;)

The .res files the game uses do not have to be resigned, unless it's a CAS icon in the save folder, and I don't think they do have a header, so those should be easy to edit, as long as we can get an importer into the WAD files. This would allow hacking of characters and other stuff in the actual game, but to actually add any new stuff to a CAS, you will still need to resign the files, which I will have a program soon that will do that. ;)

I haven't had a chance to totally figure out the .k file format, but hopefully Mr. Mouse already has. I just haven't had the time to disect it yet, the other stuff I've done is easy compared to that. I was one of the big pioneers in hacking WWE Raw for PC, and figured alot of file formats out for that game, so I could easily do it for this game if I take the time. My only problem was the WAD files, because I am not good with compressed formats. Once I found out that this program could extract them, I was happy, but sad that we can't import, at least yet. ;)

If you haven't seen my ultra new movie, go to the forum at Xbox Saves or GameFAQs and look for the new links. ;)
themasterthree
Banned

Post by themasterthree »

Mr.Mouse wrote:Smart people have already figured out these formats. :wink:

Was the Guide helpful ? Or did you do it along the lines I've shown above?
Yeah thats why I did what Ive been asking you 2 do for the last week in about 1 hour. You didnt have 2 make it sound all technical either it was pretty simple. But its pretty much random which texture come out perfect. Its like a 1 in 25 chance.

Sounds good brienj hope you can make importing possible as well as getting textures out more easily.
themasterthree
Banned

Post by themasterthree »

OMG I can now get every texture!

Last edited by themasterthree on Wed May 04, 2005 8:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.