Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

L.A. Noire

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
BrucieK
ultra-n00b

Re: L.A. Noire

Post by BrucieK »

Code: Select all

So the promised tools from me are here:

http://www.wupload.com/file/2605715047/LANOIRE-TOOLS.zip

It's based on scripts and templates for program 010 editor. For pack and unpack I used extarnal called compression algorithms from bms from aluigi (thanks). In folder "pc-text+font packer" is folder LANOIRE (path is defined in scripts - C:\LANOIRE) which is used for packing back text and fonts (for pc version with patch) (you need to insert there dlc big archives (all 9), out.wad.pc and cases.big.pc). To pack, the text must be edited in folders root and cases and dlc folders (dlc5,dlc6,dlc8) (.txt files, utf format) (fonts in out/fonts) and structure of it must be the same as it is unpacked by me (number of lines and also the new line character 0D0Ah must not be changed!). For pack you need to use scripts in the correct order (for root (gui) - 1 then 2) for cases (1-you can choose the cases texts you want to pack,2,3 (this will edit text in dlc archives - there are duplicit texts from cases and only dlc texts))

In folder "some tools" you will find some tools for unpacking the archives and templates for example to edit fonts. (unpackers are capable of extracting only some of the archives!) I will not include a guide for this one, sorry, it's up to you to understand it.

The tools are forbidden to use in another czech translation of this game!

Kramla 
odrin
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by odrin »

translations? is that all this tool is good for? this is pathetic. console modders should strive for more.
michalss

Post by michalss »

odrin wrote:translations? is that all this tool is good for? this is pathetic. console modders should strive for more.
This is what most ppl need.
Quick BMS Editor GUI - simple easy to use
Goto : viewtopic.php?uid=34229&f=29&t=6797&start=0

Downloads from DropBox : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/
Evin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Evin »

Here are the scripts to the LA Noire GOTY PS3 version. If you edit the filenames in the scripts, you can use these to the basic LA Noire too.

PS: .ps3tex files are basically .gtf files, so you can convert them with gtf2dds and dds2gtf tools!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Evin on Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jasin
ultra-n00b

Post by jasin »

evin wrote:Here are the scripts to the LA Noire GOTY PS3 version. If you edit the filenames in the scripts, you can use these to the basic LA Noire too.

PS: .ps3tex files are basically .gtf files, so you can convert them with gtf2dds and dds2gtf tools!
Please unpacking/packing instruction cases.big file
Evin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Evin »

Unpack: open "unpackerbig-cases_ps3.1sc" script and the big file, run the script
Repack: open "cases-big-importer_ps3.1sc" script, cases files in the cases folder, run the script
jasin
ultra-n00b

Post by jasin »

evin wrote:Unpack: open "unpackerbig-cases_ps3.1sc" script and the big file, run the script
thanks
evin wrote:Repack: open "cases-big-importer_ps3.1sc" script, cases files in the cases folder, run the script
possible more in detail

in the folder: C:\LANOIRE\cases\cases0_0_dat ... cases72_0_dat
run the script
Executing script 'C:\LANOIRE\cases-big-importer_ps3.1sc'...
*ERROR Line 37: Error on read file.
Evin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Evin »

Like I wrote before: "Here are the scripts to the LA Noire GOTY PS3 version. If you edit the filenames in the scripts, you can use these to the basic LA Noire too."
GOTY = Complete Edition

I'm almost sure, you want to repack cases.big.ps3 file, which doesn't exist in CE edition, where used the cases.goty.big.ps3 file.
And because you didn't edited the script for the basic game, it can't find the big file.

Basic level: open "cases-big-importer_ps3.1sc", find "cases.goty.big.ps3", rename to "cases.big.ps3"
jasin
ultra-n00b

Post by jasin »

evin wrote:Like I wrote before: "Here are the scripts to the LA Noire GOTY PS3 version. If you edit the filenames in the scripts, you can use these to the basic LA Noire too."
GOTY = Complete Edition

I'm almost sure, you want to repack cases.big.ps3 file, which doesn't exist in CE edition, where used the cases.goty.big.ps3 file.
And because you didn't edited the script for the basic game, it can't find the big file.

Basic level: open "cases-big-importer_ps3.1sc", find "cases.goty.big.ps3", rename to "cases.big.ps3"
thank you

as DLC repack not GOTY?
jasin
ultra-n00b

Post by jasin »

fails Repack all GOTY DLC, the script cases-dlc-big-importer_ps3.1sc is not pack

more
C:\LANOIRE\dlc.dlc11.big.ps3 ..\dlc.dlc22.big.ps3 ..\..
C:\LANOIRE\dlc1\cases????_?_dat
correctly?
Evin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Evin »

There was a little bug in the PS3 DLC repacker. Now fixed, and the earlier posted package updated.

jasin
It is repack. The script read the cases files from the "cases" folder!
namquang93
veteran

Post by namquang93 »

anyone had packer/unpacker for PC version, help me plz!!!!
odrin
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by odrin »

some guy was working on it, got pretty far. then he went away and never returned. my guess? pneumonia.
ZT111
beginner

Post by ZT111 »

Last edited by ZT111 on Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
odrin
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by odrin »

bump. looking for a way to replace models so i can change the character appearance and weapons around.