Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Star Wars - The Old Republic - Beta

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
Ferugre
ultra-n00b

Re: Star Wars - The Old Republic - Beta

Post by Ferugre »

Also, the wiki seems to be down with a 500.
Panzah
advanced

Post by Panzah »

Thanks for your hard work SWTOR Fan, that newest batch allowed me to get all the music including tracks added in 1.1 and 1.2.
ategen
ultra-n00b

Post by ategen »

I have easyMYP and I'm trying to extract item names to go with the items I've found in NodeViewer. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Do I need to extract stb files using easyMYP? Something else?
Vindis
advanced

Post by Vindis »

Thank you for you hard work guys :)

Is there any news about how the project goes (1.2 gr2 files, hash list)

*And a question: can some explain how to get filenames, i downloaded the old beta client, and i'd like to get the filenames, because i can convert those gr2 models (and the new ones i can't)

Thanks again

*edit: nevermind, i figured it out :) and found a few thousand texture, mostly for the missing armors (the character creation armor, for eg)
JakeGreen
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by JakeGreen »

no one has posted here in awhile, but i seen a plugin for noesis was released to open the models, but i have tried easymyp v3.6 on the retail version to extract the .tor files but it doesn't even open them, this is what happens, so has anyone update it yet for the retail version with all the updates since thin? or is there away for me to fix that error
SWTOR fan
veteran

Post by SWTOR fan »

Once more, a rather long time went by without me posting anything, but rest assured that I still like the game and I will continue working on it whenever I have some free time.

Among other things, I added the new filenames from the 1.4 patch to the hashlist.
I got my program to a stage where most of the file names are added automatically. E.g., I open a model and the program automatically adds the file name for the material file and the textures to the list.
Or it reads a area.dat file and adds all assets from the map.
There still is some manual work involved but it gives me more time to work on file analysis instead of guessing a seemingly endless list of unknown file names.
There are a few remaining .gr2 files from Asation, once I have those added, I'll upload a current hashes_filename.txt (currently appr. 95% of file names known).

Other than that, I have done some analysis on the SpeedTree files (.spt), FaceFX files (only .fxe, NOT .fxa yet), the area.dat files and the Wwise soundbank files (.bnk). It's not really enough to post a specification yet. If you really are interested in a specification, feel free to ask me to publish it. Otherwise, I will just continue with my file analysis and will post the complete specifications sooner or later.
JakeGreen
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by JakeGreen »

SWTOR fan wrote:Once more, a rather long time went by without me posting anything, but rest assured that I still like the game and I will continue working on it whenever I have some free time.

Among other things, I added the new filenames from the 1.4 patch to the hashlist.
I got my program to a stage where most of the file names are added automatically. E.g., I open a model and the program automatically adds the file name for the material file and the textures to the list.
Or it reads a area.dat file and adds all assets from the map.
There still is some manual work involved but it gives me more time to work on file analysis instead of guessing a seemingly endless list of unknown file names.
There are a few remaining .gr2 files from Asation, once I have those added, I'll upload a current hashes_filename.txt (currently appr. 95% of file names known).

Other than that, I have done some analysis on the SpeedTree files (.spt), FaceFX files (only .fxe, NOT .fxa yet), the area.dat files and the Wwise soundbank files (.bnk). It's not really enough to post a specification yet. If you really are interested in a specification, feel free to ask me to publish it. Otherwise, I will just continue with my file analysis and will post the complete specifications sooner or later.
well awesome i can't wait i've been waiting forever to get models out of this game, i was able to at one point in the beta but harddrive crashed and i never could get that version back
Gregthegen
ultra-n00b

Post by Gregthegen »

Looking forward to the hashlist!
SWTOR fan
veteran

Post by SWTOR fan »

I know I took my time, but I finally want to release a new filename list!
Unfortunately, even though I have added many file names from 1.6, the list is still far from complete. Nevertheless, I decided to just release it instead of pushing it for another week.
Current status: 95.65% of file names known
Found: 392908 / 410758 (17850 file names missing)

Download here: filenames-found10.zip (7.05 MB)

With the added knowledge of file format analysis and class hierarchies I gained this year, I am now rewriting major portions of my code.
In the process of this, I am discovering a few errors and new information in the file formats, so I will update my format specifications on the wiki concurrently.
JakeGreen
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by JakeGreen »

SWTOR fan wrote:I know I took my time, but I finally want to release a new filename list!
Unfortunately, even though I have added many file names from 1.6, the list is still far from complete. Nevertheless, I decided to just release it instead of pushing it for another week.

With the added knowledge of file format analysis and class hierarchies I gained this year, I am now rewriting major portions of my code.
In the process of this, I am discovering a few errors and new information in the file formats, so I will update my format specifications on the wiki concurrently.
do you happen to have a new link for easymyp 3.6 or higher cause when i try to load your file there with easymyp 3.6 it just says easymyp has stopped working, but anyways thanks for all your work on this it is much appreciated
levrivers
ultra-n00b

Post by levrivers »

JakeGreen wrote:
SWTOR fan wrote:I know I took my time, but I finally want to release a new filename list!

do you happen to have a new link for easymyp 3.6 or higher cause when i try to load your file there with easymyp 3.6 it just says easymyp has stopped working, but anyways thanks for all your work on this it is much appreciated
Yeah the previous hashlist worked like a charm on the swtor tools download of EasyMYP, but this new one for some reason makes it crash. I'm confuzzled as to the cause.

But what you've done is really astounding swtorFan, it really is. Just make sure you realize there are some of us out there that really appreciate the amazing lengths you've gone to, in order for us to access the files :)
SWTOR fan
veteran

Post by SWTOR fan »

Since apparently my post was deleted, I'll just repost the link to the correct release (I forgot to sort the hashes). EasyMYP v3.6 is included.

filenames-found-10b.zip (12.05 MB)
levrivers
ultra-n00b

Post by levrivers »

Works like a charm now, fan. Thanks!
Ferugre
ultra-n00b

Post by Ferugre »

Has anyone had any luck finding the references to strings from a Node? I'm looking at conversation nodes with Node Viewer and just don't see any string Definition ID's.
TRDaz
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by TRDaz »

Does anyone have a link to the TOR EasyMYP? Older versions crash when loading and the links dont work for the TOR version :/

EDIT: Ignore that, realised that a few posts above had the version I needed... but I get a error that someone a few posts up had D: (Unhandled Exception)