Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

XMA transform

Get help on any and all audio formats, or chip in and help others!
nitoiviorel
beginner

Re: All things XMA

Post by nitoiviorel »

done
Gromber
advanced

Post by Gromber »

hi with this tool can i convert *.360.wav audio from orangebox 360? i need some tool!!!

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=4967&hilit=valve

thanks
AlphaTwentyThree
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by AlphaTwentyThree »

Gromber wrote:hi with this tool can i convert *.360.wav audio from orangebox 360? i need some tool!!!

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=4967&hilit=valve

thanks
PM me a sample and I'll take a look.
If you like what you see, why not click the little Thank You button? ;) It will definitely motivate me! :)
And here's Mr.Mouse's Facebook link: http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?s ... 8469022795 - thanks ;)
AlphaTwentyThree
double-veteran
double-veteran

Re: XMA transform

MAJOR UPDATE
(line count rises to over 900 with this ;) )

Another long-overdue update: Scanning for possible XMA streams!
Notes:
  • I have only included the XMA heuristics I stumbled upon and included in the script. This doesn't mean that a correct XMA start can ALWAYS be detected because there can be data structures that accidentially look exactly like an XMA stream but actually aren't.
  • the scanning function will only be enabled when no known header type is found
  • once a possible stream start is detected, the file is header-cut to this position and written to disk (offset included in name for later research, e.g. look for a valid frequency)
  • the written file then has to be run through the script again with testmode on to check if the XMA is valid or not
I know it's possible to test the last step internally with xma_parse ("-x" option) but for now this should suffice. As soon as I find a file with valid XMA streams included, I'll update the script again. I know that the Viva Pinata uses these but I'll take a look at them some time in the future (when I'm motivated enough ;)).
Last edited by AlphaTwentyThree on Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you like what you see, why not click the little Thank You button? ;) It will definitely motivate me! :)
And here's Mr.Mouse's Facebook link: http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?s ... 8469022795 - thanks ;)
AlphaTwentyThree
double-veteran
double-veteran

Just corrected a little mistake that prevented some XWV files to convert properly.
AlphaTwentyThree
double-veteran
double-veteran

UPDATE

Added files with XMA2 multichannel header. toWAV only seems to support those, i.e. it decodes them - but the file sizes for the channel pairs are different, so the header is not fully supported. So I updated the script to parse and split like with multichannel files with the standard RIFF header. Tested with Deadly Premonition (X360) but should work on others, too. If I remember correctly, Ace Combat 6 also uses this kind of header and eventually that was the reason why the format was semi-implemented in toWAV.
cra0
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by cra0 »

lets say I have
bgm4000.xma

using your script it converts it into 3 .xma files

then i drag these onto towav and it gives me 3 wav files which go for like 5 secs what am I doing wrong
AlphaTwentyThree
double-veteran
double-veteran

cra0 wrote:lets say I have
bgm4000.xma

then i drag these onto towav and it gives me 3 wav files which go for like 5 secs what am I doing wrong
Have you used testmode in the first run to get the blocksize and xma version?
If not, the thing you are doing wrong is not reading the manual. ;)
Gromber
advanced

Post by Gromber »

Thanks for the work and the updates!!! and for the help :keke:
I have to look carefully, i wanted to add spanish voices to orange box, but there are many audio and i dont know how to convert again to 360.wav easily :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I have pc voices in .wav

Edit: i can convert pc spanish voices to xma with xma2encode.exe, it is posible with a script add XWV compatibility? thanks!
Last edited by Gromber on Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cra0
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by cra0 »

AlphaTwentyThree wrote:
bgm4000.xma

Never mind I ended up using xmash it works perfectly however when it converts it makes 3 wav files which sound exactly the same except the 2nd one is only left audio, which one do i take 1 or 3
AlphaTwentyThree
double-veteran
double-veteran

cra0 wrote:
AlphaTwentyThree wrote:
bgm4000.xma

Never mind I ended up using xmash it works perfectly however when it converts it makes 3 wav files which sound exactly the same except the 2nd one is only left audio, which one do i take 1 or 3
Please also send me the file, I want to check if my scripts works properly.
I highly doubt they actually are the same, it's a surround file. Unless you don't look at it with an audio editor, you can't say that. Surround is normall Fl-Fr-C-LFE-Rl-Rr, so the "only left channel" you're talking about is the center/LFE pair....
cra0
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by cra0 »

Please also send me the file, I want to check if my scripts works properly.
I highly doubt they actually are the same, it's a surround file. Unless you don't look at it with an audio editor, you can't say that. Surround is normall Fl-Fr-C-LFE-Rl-Rr, so the "only left channel" you're talking about is the center/LFE pair....
Ok I have packed the files for you to experiment with

original/bgm6666.xma
after_xmash/
then_after_towav/

(link removed due to copyright)

:]
Now tell me which wav file I take that is 2 channel stereo
AlphaTwentyThree
double-veteran
double-veteran

cra0 wrote:Now tell me which wav file I take that is 2 channel stereo
I don't know what the problem is here. It's a standard 6 ch XMA 2 files with blocksize 0x20000, it decodes correctly to three channel pairs with both xma_mash and my script. *_1.xma=Fl/Fr, *_2.xma=C/LFE, *_3.xma=Rl/Rr - as always. I don't even get your question... :huh:
AlphaTwentyThree
double-veteran
double-veteran

UPDATE

Added two more header variants :)
- FUNl header found in Men in Black: Alien Crisis
- MUSX header (various Electonic Arts games)
Else, I've established a variable to toggle the scanning function because it's too experimental I fancied. ;)

Line count has risen to over 1000!
gnoyr13
ultra-n00b

Post by gnoyr13 »

Not work with Quake 4 XMA.
Last edited by gnoyr13 on Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.