Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Dead or Alive 5 (DOA5) Retail (X360 / PS3)

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
divStar
ultra-n00b

Re: Dead or Alive 5 (DOA5) Retail (X360 / PS3)

Post by divStar »

Hm - is there a way to extract all the music? I have the DoA5 CE, but I think the soundtrack doesn't contain all the music played in the game :/ would that script help me? Thanks in advance :).
sophist82
ultra-n00b

Post by sophist82 »

I can't manage to find joints/animation data from all the extracted files. Could anyone give me an advice?
I think it's in chara_common file. Since Doa 5 beta had model and joints data in same file.
b0ny
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by b0ny »

simple doa5 unpacker version2

if anyone still need this :)
will unpack correctly the doa5 files except some files that are encrypted but not compressed like "LEIFANG_COS_002"(i think chrrox scripts isn't handling these too. use the script to unpack them separately).

you still should find the tmcl files manually. maybe next version will use the list used to batch rename the files.

an extension is added for many doa5 formats
zaykho
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by zaykho »

simple doa5 unpacker version2

if anyone still need this :)
will unpack correctly the doa5 files except some files that are encrypted but not compressed like "LEIFANG_COS_002"(i think chrrox scripts isn't handling these too. use the script to unpack them separately).

you still should find the tmcl files manually. maybe next version will use the list used to batch rename the files.

an extension is added for many doa5 formats
Thx B0ny, I will pick a try :p
zaykho
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by zaykho »

DOA5 - Model Renamer v1.2.zip *UPDATE - 04/10/2012 - 04:05 AM - GTM+2*
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the v1.2 give you:
- The latest names from the GoogleDOC page --> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... eHc#gid=27 (- 04/10/2012 - 04:05 AM - GTM+2-)
- Support now: Characters, Stages and DLC

This tool will rename all unknown model names from extracted files of DOA5 by an updated list of real names.
You just need to put the .bat file in the folder corresponding to the type of files you have extracted from DOA5 (Characters, Stages or DLC)

Link to the tool -->
http://www.mediafire.com/?61z7llb902fabu1

Link to the ultimate folder tool of DOA/NG -->
http://www.mediafire.com/?sbd2c9r8ok3u3

EDIT: Link to folder corrected

PS: This tool contains work from chroxx & others Xentax user too.
Last edited by zaykho on Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
GDL
veteran

Post by GDL »

The link to the folder takes me to the MF hompage D:
zaykho
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by zaykho »

The link to the folder takes me to the MF hompage D:
Link corrected :p
skyvenom
n00b

Post by skyvenom »

Just had a few questions here:

-When I import to 3dsmax2010 using Neosis's .obj export the .mtl doesn't work. I have to rotate each texture 180 degrees, flip it horizontally and then place it manually for it to apply correctly to the model. Am I missing a step there?

-Is there a texture that contains the pupils for the eyes? I apply the 'eye' looking texture but all I get are black spheres.

Other than that everything worked perfectly! You guys are brilliant, especially that Chrrox fellow :D
blackfoxeye
veteran

Post by blackfoxeye »

skyvenom wrote:Just had a few questions here:

-When I import to 3dsmax2010 using Neosis's .obj export the .mtl doesn't work. I have to rotate each texture 180 degrees, flip it horizontally and then place it manually for it to apply correctly to the model. Am I missing a step there?

-Is there a texture that contains the pupils for the eyes? I apply the 'eye' looking texture but all I get are black spheres.

Other than that everything worked perfectly! You guys are brilliant, especially that Chrrox fellow :D
While Exporting from Neosis, there is a checkbox "Flip UV's".
You should check that to get the correct rotated textures.

And I think the UV of eye mesh is not there, so you have to correct the UV's manually of the eyes. You can find the eye texture with face texture.
JayK
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by JayK »

No, there are two eyeballs, one should be deleted, the other has the correct uv's for the eyes.
skyvenom
n00b

Post by skyvenom »

blackfoxeye wrote:
While Exporting from Neosis, there is a checkbox "Flip UV's".
You should check that to get the correct rotated textures.

And I think the UV of eye mesh is not there, so you have to correct the UV's manually of the eyes. You can find the eye texture with face texture.
The "Flip UV's" box did the trick, thanks! The only problem now is they still don't auto apply when I import to max. Normally I can deal with a little extra work but when it comes to the hair textures I'm completely lost. They all look the same to me and I have no idea where they are supposed to go...

Thank you rman2, I found the second set of eyes and now the pupils are showing up properly :up:
blackfoxeye
veteran

Post by blackfoxeye »

skyvenom wrote:
The "Flip UV's" box did the trick, thanks! The only problem now is they still don't auto apply when I import to max. Normally I can deal with a little extra work but when it comes to the hair textures I'm completely lost. They all look the same to me and I have no idea where they are supposed to go...

Thank you rman2, I found the second set of eyes and now the pupils are showing up properly :up:
Select the hair mesh in Max, then apply a Unwrap UVW Modifier.
Then open the UV Editor, have a look into how the UVs are, then you can get an idea which is the correct hair texture for that mesh.
skyvenom
n00b

Post by skyvenom »

blackfoxeye wrote:
Select the hair mesh in Max, then apply a Unwrap UVW Modifier.
Then open the UV Editor, have a look into how the UVs are, then you can get an idea which is the correct hair texture for that mesh.
Giving that a shot, it's slowly starting to make sense. Thanks again :D
zaykho
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by zaykho »

DOA5 - Model Renamer v1.5 *UPDATE - 08/10/2012 - 03:05 AM - GTM+2*
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the v1.5 give you:
- The latest names from the GoogleDOC page --> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... eHc#gid=27
- Support now: Characters, Stages and DLC in only one file

This tool will rename all unknown model names from extracted files of DOA5 by an updated list of real names.
You just need to put the .bat file in the folder where you have extracted files from DOA5 (Characters, Stages or DLC)

DOA5 - Ripping Tool v1.5 *UPDATE - 08/10/2012*

the v1.5 give you:
- Support now: Characters and DLC
- Automatically renaming files after finish
- Renaming.bat as been cleared and optimized

This tool will extract and decrypt all chosen files of DOA5 and automatically rename them with an updated list of real names.
You just need to put the folder ( doa5_ripping_tool ) in the doa5 folder OR the dlc "root" folder (where .bin and .lnk are)

Link to DOA5 - Model Renamer v1.5 -->
http://www.mediafire.com/?rd3g3i234w8x84r

Link to DOA5 - Ripping Tool v1.5 -->
http://www.mediafire.com/?h5xcs5zdj29jahi

Link to the ultimate folder tool of DOA/NG -->
http://www.mediafire.com/?sbd2c9r8ok3u3

PS: These tools contains work from chroxx & others Xentax user too.
skyvenom
n00b

Post by skyvenom »

I looked around for a bit but couldn't find the info so I figured I would just shoot another question.

I can't find where the DLC costumes come from. Is it in the files from the original rip or is it from a separate download?