Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Dark Souls FLV file

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
finale00
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Re: Dark Souls FLV file

Post by finale00 »

PC version is the exact same format except everything is little endian.
whiteraven
ultra-n00b

Post by whiteraven »

hey i am an avid 3d modeler and i primarily use blender, could anyone please upload some .objs? and texture files normal people can read >_<, i thank you guys for all your hard work. I mainly want the .obj of the elite knight set + textures, i want to make some hardcore aweseome renders and ill post what i make. Also im using this as research to create a dark souls mini HD movie with photorealistic CG, but to be really realistic i need the base file to go off of :x.
Once again thank you guys so much for your hard work.
zardalu
veteran

Post by zardalu »

Rick wrote:http://svn.gib.me/public/darksouls/trunk/

Not model stuff, but unpacker/unbinders.

Also, the texture format has changed from PS3 version to PC. Every texture is now a nice DDS file wrapped in the TPF format.
Hi, does anyone have a compiled version of Rick's tools above that they can share? Also, what is the status of the tools for the FLV and TPF files for the PC version? Thanks!
nullvector
ultra-n00b

Post by nullvector »

Compiled versions of his tools
http://www.mediafire.com/?dxarranbataxrsa

I'm digging through the params and paramdef files now to figure those out.
If anyone knows anything about those, I would be grateful.
Silvist
ultra-n00b

Post by Silvist »

Heyo everyone,

Just wanted to thank you guys for all the hard work. Just tested the compiled tools that nullvector uploaded, and it worked like a charm. Now I just gotta look through the files and find what I'm after :D

Is it just the BDT and BHD that have the files inside of them?

What's really surprising to me is that each weapon seems to have its own havok animation included lol.

@zardalu - The compiled tools that nullvector has a tool inside that already converts the tpf to dds format.

Now I just need a plugin for 3ds max, and I'm set lol. Though typically I seen you guys build blender plugins..so guess I'll have to make do ;p
finale00
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Post by finale00 »

Actually I only know one person here that (exclusively) writes blender (2.49) scripts.
Most are 3dmax or noesis.
Rick

Post by Rick »

nullvector wrote:Compiled versions of his tools
If you want to correctly use these compiled tools, you'll need to grab the projects directory from the repo and drop it in that directory, or Unpack won't know any file names.
nullvector wrote:I'm digging through the params and paramdef files now to figure those out.
I have boatloads of uncommitted code that can read the param/paramdef files, as well as the drb (UI) files. I'll get around to committing them soon.

Also, I'll add my darksouls repo to my autobuild system eventually, just have not gotten around to it yet.

Currently working on a model and map viewer to see how far I get, I can read 99% of the model file format now (though there are unknowns).

https://blog.gib.me/

Don't ask me about localization tools; if you don't have the resources to develop them yourself you don't need them.
zardalu
veteran

Post by zardalu »

Rick wrote:
If you want to correctly use these compiled tools, you'll need to grab the projects directory from the repo and drop it in that directory, or Unpack won't know any file names.
Thanks Rick, that got it working, great work!
nullvector wrote:Currently working on a model and map viewer to see how far I get, I can read 99% of the model file format now (though there are unknowns).
Outstanding, there are some great models in this game.
Silvist
ultra-n00b

Post by Silvist »

@finale00 - Well that's really good to know then. For the short visits I've made on here (since this is the source of where it all begins ;p), I guess I just kept seeing blender plugs.

@Rick - Looks awesome, can't wait to see how it progresses next ^^
TehDave
advanced

Post by TehDave »

Rick wrote:
nullvector wrote:I'm digging through the params and paramdef files now to figure those out.
I have boatloads of uncommitted code that can read the param/paramdef files, as well as the drb (UI) files. I'll get around to committing them soon.

Also, I'll add my darksouls repo to my autobuild system eventually, just have not gotten around to it yet.

Currently working on a model and map viewer to see how far I get, I can read 99% of the model file format now (though there are unknowns).

Wow, you've done really great so far. Keep up the good work! Definitely looking forward to when I can export models with rigging and put them into SFM or something.

edit: Just had an idea, how similar are the file formats between Demon's Souls and Dark Souls? I know they run on the same engine, but I'm curious to see if both game's model formats are similar. If they are you could possibly make the modelviewer and tools be able to view both Demon's and Dark Souls model files.
whiteraven
ultra-n00b

Post by whiteraven »

lnk to download the files are broken. Can someone give a new link the the bvh files vlad had that he got all the armors from?
TehDave
advanced

Post by TehDave »

Does anyone have a compiled version of https://code.google.com/p/dkstools/? I'm trying out finale00's Noesis script right now but it doesn't seem to do bones and I'm wondering if vlad's tools do.
TehDave
advanced

Post by TehDave »

Well, I tried compiling vlad's stuff myself and it ended up being a complete waste of time since it just plain doesn't work, both programs throw errors in my face when I try to run them. Doesn't help that I don't know what the hell I'm doing, but the error is something about an index array being out of bounds and it refers to BDFparser.cs.

Would like some help trying to get this working or for someone who actually knows what they're doing to compile this, because I'm curious to see if his tools can even dump models of any kind. I'm basically at the end of my rope trying to get meshes out of this game, the existing Noesis script results in basically useless (to me) meshes as they contain no UVs or weights and I have yet to hear back from finale00 on what lines need to be added to the script in order to get them to load into Noesis with the mesh, and every other ripping method I've tried results in nothing usable.
TehDave
advanced

Post by TehDave »

So, has there been any progress on anyone's tools? Or is this thread just dead?
vlad001
beginner

Post by vlad001 »

TehDave wrote:So, has there been any progress on anyone's tools? Or is this thread just dead?
Well, my point of view is this: the code that I shared should be used as a reference on how the data is structured/parsed. I never intended to write an exporter for game data to any meaningful format.

The exception you get is most probably because of byte ordering issues. I wrote this stuff for the Xbox 360 version of the game files, which use big endian byte ordering, whereas you probably ran the tools against the PC version, which happen to be little endian.