Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

[Request] Guild Wars 2 DAT

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
ral
beginner

Re: [Request] Guild Wars 2 DAT

Post by ral »

For those people who put the Map Textures by hand together in Photoshop I can give the hint to look at PIMG files ;)
This git repo and the knowledge that you need PIMG files should be enough to write a Tool fast. Shouldn't even take a day and you have all your maps put together ;)

Currently I'm busy with other stuff and I'm getting a bit bored of the GW2 files because knowing all the structs of all files made it a bit boring for me :P
Gordon21
ultra-n00b

Post by Gordon21 »

polarbearsrawr wrote:
b00mb0 wrote:First post here ;)

I'm currently looking for a way to automate the construction of the ingame map (as to create a png file out of every map tiles). Right now, i'm using gw2Browser to extract map tiles, to after stich them manually in photoshop .... i know..
I've been working on this exact thing,(mostly by hand) and I'll just warn that it requires several hundred GB of swap space for Photoshop for the highest resolution map :) The final BMP type save file should be just under 2GB or so, with dimensions currently at 27648 x 25600.
Actually only 40 GB
Loumie
beginner

Post by Loumie »

If you're programming in C++ you can also use rhoot gw2Format util which gives an easy to use interface for manipulating PF files Chunks:
https://github.com/rhoot/gw2formats

In conjunction with https://github.com/ahom/gw2DatTools you should actually be able to build pretty cool tools and very quickly.
hazballs
ultra-n00b

Post by hazballs »

Can anybody tell me how icons are linked to strings and how to match them up? There are a lot of items (particularly weapons and armor) that are not currently on the wiki that are on GW2, I'd like to get stuck in updating it.
neuroquila
ultra-n00b

Post by neuroquila »

So someone managed to extract the ATEP files just as they should be. He says he did that with the help from "ATEXreader" with "small changes to it". He's opened this page here: https://sites.google.com/site/jumptovictory ... really impressive.
I wasn't able at all to extract the ATEP files from the dat using atexreader because something goes terribly wrong with the channels and what you get is not what's visible in-game and I'm not able to correct this. My C knowledge isn't sufficient to make any improvements.
So please could someone (maybe the author of this page above) please help me in extracting those files? I don't want to rely on someones work if I plan to use that for an application!
ral
beginner

Post by ral »

neuroquila wrote:So someone managed to extract the ATEP files just as they should be. He says he did that with the help from "ATEXreader" with "small changes to it". He's opened this page here: https://sites.google.com/site/jumptovictory ... really impressive.
I wasn't able at all to extract the ATEP files from the dat using atexreader because something goes terribly wrong with the channels and what you get is not what's visible in-game and I'm not able to correct this. My C knowledge isn't sufficient to make any improvements.
So please could someone (maybe the author of this page above) please help me in extracting those files? I don't want to rely on someones work if I plan to use that for an application!
In the ATEXreader V6 just go to the following function

Code: Select all

RGBA *ProcessDXT5(unsigned char *data,int xr, int yr) { }
and comment-out the line

Code: Select all

image[x*4+a+(y*4+b)*xr].a=atbl[k&7];
If i remember correctly that was all that is needed.
neuroquila
ultra-n00b

Post by neuroquila »

thanks for your help!
I successfully changed and compiled it but that didn't changed anything on the output...
Edit: ok, right..that change targets DXT5 and yes it did something to those files but ... have a look for yourself ;)

ral
beginner

Post by ral »

Yes, there are files like that but if you look through all files you'll also find the ones you probably want :) Just ignore these kind of images except you'll find out what they're good for ;)
neuroquila
ultra-n00b

Post by neuroquila »

oh...indeed. I only picked a handful of files to test it and so I couldn't see it's working.

I think those others image files have something to do with AI, environment or stuff like that since these consist only of points and circles and 4 different colors: black, blue, red, green; just like heat maps!
ShadowWalker
ultra-n00b

Post by ShadowWalker »

I have a question, is it possible to extract ALL skill images + descriptions (effects, time to recharge etc)?

I'm planning to some applications but for that I need all those things :/. One of the applications will allow you make your own builds on your computer without logging in on GW2 or on the internet.
Xdta
ultra-n00b

Post by Xdta »

ShadowWalker wrote:I have a question, is it possible to extract ALL skill images + descriptions (effects, time to recharge etc)?

I'm planning to some applications but for that I need all those things :/. One of the applications will allow you make your own builds on your computer without logging in on GW2 or on the internet.
Yes, but the method on how to do it isn't public and ArenaNet changed the format of the content files about a week ago.
ShadowWalker
ultra-n00b

Post by ShadowWalker »

So all the things that have been discovered in this thread (and the not-public methods) are unusable? :/
Darkstar
advanced

Post by Darkstar »

IIRC there was a switch for GW2.EXE to download the DAT file as uncompressed. I cannot find it anymore. Is it still in the .EXE nowadays? If so, does anyone know what switch it was?

thanks
-Darkstar
Check out the REWiki!
brandon02852
ultra-n00b

Post by brandon02852 »

Can somebody please write a tutorial on how to use the GW2Inflate DLL? The author just slapped it up here without giving anybody any idea on how to use it.
Pesmontis
beginner

Post by Pesmontis »

Rhoot wrote:So here's my patchworked necromancer. She's got the wrong colors since the textures are for the default colors. She's also got the ugliest hat in existence since the character selection shows it regardless of whether or not it's hidden in-game. Also, yes. The boots looked that messed up in-game as well.

Edit: Note that this is without any sort of textures other than diffuse (and alpha for the boot laces and eyelashes).

Edit 2: Or there's this if you'd prefer.

In the second image, I think the mesh data isn't wrong, it's just that the mesh hasn't got bones & skin applied.
This kind of mesh deformation was also found with Sacred 2 models (gr2 models).
In the latter case, the facial bones have scale factors in their 4x4 transform matrices.