Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

[Request] Guild Wars 2 DAT

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
ral
beginner

Re: [Request] Guild Wars 2 DAT

Post by ral »

Reference between ABNK and strs files:
I used some old files to test it and I didn't test it with too many files because I'm too tired right now so if you find mistakes, correct me ;)

Top left XML = strs file
Lower left XML = ABNK file
Right top = txtm file
Hex Editor = txtv

So in txtv files you have the reference between textId and voiceId. (See IcyExplorer in Screenshot. 4 bytes textId, 4 bytes voiceId)
All ABNK files contain voiceIds; for every "audio part" 1 ID.
For textIds I just quote Rhoot:
Rhoot wrote:The txtm just contains a list of strs files in order, for each language. It also contains the amount of strings that are available in each strs file (which is 1024, but if it changes, the txtm file will contain the change). The first file listed in the txtm file contains strings 0-1023, the second contains 1024-2047, etc.
Then you just gotta calculate where it is.
Gordon21
ultra-n00b

Post by Gordon21 »

Thank you for these infos.

Did someone find what means flag 1 in an image (PIMG file). It always gives the same negative fileId.
Example : (file=96106)

Code: Select all

<image>
	<x>24</x>
	<y>50</y>
	<flags>1</flags>
	<layer>0</layer>
	<file>-16711935</file>
	<solidColor>0/0/0/0</solidColor>
</image>
Also, many of you are talking about "DEPS" files but i can't find any with the browser, where did you find them? Can someone send me one?
STIGMATED
ultra-n00b

Post by STIGMATED »

Does anybody want to take part in the development of emulator of Guild Wars 2? Write me on ICQ 154137.
Rhoot
beginner

Post by Rhoot »

Gordon21 wrote:Also, many of you are talking about "DEPS" files but i can't find any with the browser, where did you find them? Can someone send me one?
It got removed quite early, BWE1 I believe.
Gordon21
ultra-n00b

Post by Gordon21 »

So the only files left are "unknown" ones (mostly garbage from deleted files?), bxm2 files (I can't find any) and cntc "data" byte arrays, right?

Do you know why strings in cntc files dont represent actual strings?
Loumie
beginner

Post by Loumie »

Did someone find what means flag 1 in an image (PIMG file). It always gives the same negative fileId.
Don't take my words for granted but, to me, it seems obvious, looking at fileId and solidColor, that the flag should tell you if this "page" is a solidColor or a standalone texture found in fileId X.

And just a quick guess, with a fileReference of 0x0000 / 0x0000 / 0x0000 the file Id computed would be:
0xFF00 * (-0x100) + (-0x100) + 1 pretty sure this is what you see.
So the only files left are "unknown" ones (mostly garbage from deleted files?), bxm2 files (I can't find any) and cntc "data" byte arrays, right?
Last I checked, some of the "unknown" ones (maybe all, didn't check) were referred in the AFNT file, so most likely Fonts.
Gordon21
ultra-n00b

Post by Gordon21 »

Loumie wrote:Don't take my words for granted but, to me, it seems obvious, looking at fileId and solidColor, that the flag should tell you if this "page" is a solidColor or a standalone texture found in fileId X.
I did some test and it seems it indicates "deleted page, just step over".
Loumie wrote:And just a quick guess, with a fileReference of 0x0000 / 0x0000 / 0x0000 the file Id computed would be:
0xFF00 * (-0x100) + (-0x100) + 1 pretty sure this is what you see.
You're right I did the calculation it's just fileref 0.
Loumie wrote:Last I checked, some of the "unknown" ones (maybe all, didn't check) were referred in the AFNT file, so most likely Fonts.
I'll sort the files then.
Rhoot
beginner

Post by Rhoot »

Gordon21 wrote:Do you know why strings in cntc files dont represent actual strings?
They're hashed and encrypted.
gott
ultra-n00b

Post by gott »

Being late to the party, does the gw2.dat consist of calculations pertaining to in-game mechanics? ie, weapon/spell damage?
Gordon21
ultra-n00b

Post by Gordon21 »

Rhoot wrote:
Gordon21 wrote:Do you know why strings in cntc files dont represent actual strings?
I'm a bit new to this so I can't understand how it is possible. You can't reverse hashing right?

According to the exe, they're using :
  • Aes
  • Cbc
  • Hmac
  • Rc4
  • Sha
  • Sha256
So RC4 then something else I didn't have time to find today will look a bit more tomorrow.
gott
ultra-n00b

Post by gott »

Gordon21 wrote:
Rhoot wrote:
I'm a bit new to this so I can't understand how it is possible. You can't reverse hashing right?

According to the exe, they're using :
  • Aes
  • Cbc
  • Hmac
  • Rc4
  • Sha
  • Sha256
So RC4 then something else I didn't have time to find today will look a bit more tomorrow.
You can decrypt the strings if you have the crypto key and the encryption method used.
Rhoot
beginner

Post by Rhoot »

Gordon21 wrote:I'm a bit new to this so I can't understand how it is possible. You can't reverse hashing right?
That's correct, but you don't really have to as the occurrence of the string is hashed in all places already. Thus the exe never has to do the hashing.

Edit: That is, the strings you're mentioning are only used for lookup. Any strings used in the game are in the strs files.
gott wrote:You can decrypt the strings if you have the crypto key and the encryption method used.
If you do, you're left with a hashed string. It's a bit easier to handle, but still unreadable.
cyrakuse
ultra-n00b

Post by cyrakuse »

How is it possible to get the list of items from gw2.dat ?
b00mb0
ultra-n00b

Post by b00mb0 »

First post here ;)

I really don't know if this is ok to post this here. If not, please ignore ;)
I'm currently looking for a way to automate the construction of the ingame map (as to create a png file out of every map tiles). Right now, i'm using gw2Browser to extract map tiles, to after stich them manually in photoshop .... i know..
I was wondering if a kind soul can help with with this request.

Thanks to everyone and again, pls accept my appologies if this is not the right place to post something like this.
polarbearsrawr
ultra-n00b

Post by polarbearsrawr »

b00mb0 wrote:First post here ;)

I'm currently looking for a way to automate the construction of the ingame map (as to create a png file out of every map tiles). Right now, i'm using gw2Browser to extract map tiles, to after stich them manually in photoshop .... i know..
I've been working on this exact thing,(mostly by hand) and I'll just warn that it requires several hundred GB of swap space for Photoshop for the highest resolution map :) The final BMP type save file should be just under 2GB or so, with dimensions currently at 27648 x 25600.