Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Dragon Age 2 (PC)

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Demon20
ultra-n00b

Re: Dragon Age 2 (PC)

Post by Demon20 »

Hi

I work with XNA Lara. I usually work with models I download from the internet.

Unfortunately, there is still little models that I like and need.

I use Blender 249 and 249.2.

I've downloaded the "import-dragon-age-2-2011-03-26" script that should import mhh and msh files, but I encounter many problems with it.

I cannot create a proper file for XNA Lara. For example: I wanted to import the Templar set but its bones look different than the ones in the model. After the import to XNA Lara I can only turn the set around because of the bones mismatching the model.

The other problem I try to tackle is the error with statues. After the import of the Andrasta statue it does not have the UV and I'm getting the error. I have the texture but it lacks the UV. Can you tell me how to make the UV using a proper texture?

I'm doing it for the first time and I don't know how to do it. Maybe one of you will help?

Do you know how to process the Mor file to extract textures, models, bones, etc.? Other way they cannot be imported with the Blender script.

I worked with it for over a week. Please help.

More information
Devilot
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Devilot »

what are you doing to extract the models?
figuresculptor
beginner

Post by figuresculptor »

Demon20 wrote:Hi

There's a script in this thread that I wrote for 2.5+. It's not perfect - it doesn't handle some of the texture map settings correctly - but it does get the mesh and bones right. You might want to try using it. You can save the file from Blender 2.63a and will be able to open it in 2.49 to continue your work. Can't say I get the resistance to move off of 2.49, but if it's where you're comfortable working, that should get you there.
Devilot
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Devilot »

is there a 3ds max script? for which version?
figuresculptor
beginner

Post by figuresculptor »

Devilot wrote:is there a 3ds max script? for which version?
I believe Chrrox's MaxScript is on the first page or two of this thread. I don't know what version it's for, though.
Demon20
ultra-n00b

Post by Demon20 »

Devilot wrote:what are you doing to extract the models?
http://social.bioware.com/project/1936/

I use this program.
figuresculptor wrote:

There's a script in this thread that I wrote for 2.5+. It's not perfect - it doesn't handle some of the texture map settings correctly - but it does get the mesh and bones right. You might want to try using it. You can save the file from Blender 2.63a and will be able to open it in 2.49 to continue your work. Can't say I get the resistance to move off of 2.49, but if it's where you're comfortable working, that should get you there.

Which version of the script I use?

I have blender 2.63. I opened the file import-dragon-age-2-2011-03-26

and pops up an error.
maymay1588
ultra-n00b

Post by maymay1588 »

Demon20 wrote:
Devilot wrote:what are you doing to extract the models?
http://social.bioware.com/project/1936/

I use this program.
figuresculptor wrote:

Which version of the script I use?

I have blender 2.63. I opened the file import-dragon-age-2-2011-03-26

and pops up an error.
My advice is to just download and install Blender 2.49 beta, it is the only version so far I managed to get it to work on. Also, thanks for all the hard work on the scripts; everything is working so far, but tazpn's command tool is refusing to work for me after combing through all the forums on it and convert the .xml files to .msh and .mmh. Has anyone found a successful tutorial on how to use it? I keep getting a fail to open error.

Edit: Nevermind, figured that out. Now onto attempting to get a custom hair into DA2 without it crashing on me when I move to it on the slider.
karmalade
ultra-n00b

Post by karmalade »

More necromancy incoming...

I've been trying to get Chroxx' script to work for gmax, but every time I try to import a DA2 model, it pops up with this error:

Can anyone help this noob get the script fixed? Thanks!

EDIT: Just in case a future noob looking to modify DA2 models in gmax finds this by googling as I did...

Chroxx' script does not work in gmax. My *guess* is that the hexasint function(?) was introduced into max after gmax was discontinued. (Maybe someone more knowledgeable than I am can confirm or deny my theory.) I had to use Tazpn's DA2Tools to convert the model into an OBJ and install a plugin into gmax that allowed me to import OBJ resources.
blackadder
ultra-n00b

Post by blackadder »

Is anyone still working on the blender 249 scripts ? Szkaradek123 did a fantastic job, but it's too bad we can't get one that gets both the UV for hair and correct armatures... I wish I could do it.
Demon20
ultra-n00b

Post by Demon20 »

Can you explain for me how to add bones to a model?

To match them. Because I have bones but they don't fit, and I can only turn the model around. I can't move its arms, legs, nor head.

http://www.speedyshare.com/u9WYZ/czarownik2222.rar

My model.
rhaehf2004
ultra-n00b

Post by rhaehf2004 »

How to import 3ds max

Except without the blender?
ellegirl01
n00b

Post by ellegirl01 »

Sorry for the extreme necro, but has anyone found a currently workable way to import DA2 meshes into 3DS Max without the .msh files throwing the dreaded Vertex Declarator is in unsupported format error?

I don't use Blender anymore (I used to bake shadows with it though, like 3 years ago), but apparently, there's a way to import the models in Blender without the error? Am I understanding this correctly?

Sorry, I'm a noob with keeping up with all these programs.

[EDIT] Ohhhh....Okay, I just loaded up Chrrox's script into 3DS Max, instead of using that Nexus Mods one, and I think my problem is that I was busy trying to load really sucky .msh files. It works. The meshes are just uber tiny, with no textures. :P

It's progress though!
Zapal
ultra-n00b

Post by Zapal »

friends, I'm willing to pay some money to the guy who will finalize Chrrox's script for 3DS Max to import animations. Very need!