Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Resident Evil 6 .SPAC audio

Get help on any and all audio formats, or chip in and help others!
ShinobiMao
ultra-n00b

Resident Evil 6 .SPAC audio

Post by ShinobiMao »

Came across this while exploring the RE6 360 Demo files.
I don't normally tinker with console files, so I don't know if this is common procedure, but, something worth noting for this file is everything is written backwards inside it.
The header, "SPAC", becomes "CAPS", "RIFF" is "FFIR", "WAVE fmt" is now "EVAW tmf", etc. (As shown here.)

I'm a novice at things like this, so sorry in advance if I can't keep up with your replies.

I've included the sample below in it's entirety.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pepper
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Re: Resident Evil 6 .SPAC audio

Post by Pepper »

I decoded this before by hand editing out each xma steam, it's simply a header, but in the big endian format i'd assume. the xma starts a while in, and each spac i saw had anywhere from one stream to twenty five. You can normally find the start of a stream by searching for the hex values 00 01 00 with the stream's start being XX 00 01 00 0X where X= any whole number. then you should be able to decode with xmash and towav.
Gh0stBlade

Post by Gh0stBlade »

I already made a tutorial to unpack all .SPC audio for the Xbox 360 version of Resident Evil 6.

See here:

http://z6.invisionfree.com/Resident_Evi ... opic=22194
Click the thanks button if I helped!
AndyAwe
ultra-n00b

Post by AndyAwe »

Gh0stBlade wrote:I already made a tutorial to unpack all .SPC audio for the Xbox 360 version of Resident Evil 6.

See here:

You could upload SPC Tool v2.0 ?
Straight Edge
advanced

Post by Straight Edge »

AndyAwe wrote:
Gh0stBlade wrote:I already made a tutorial to unpack all .SPC audio for the Xbox 360 version of Resident Evil 6.

See here:

You could upload SPC Tool v2.0 ?
Seconded. Could really use that tool, there doesn't seem to be another method of extracting the audio.
TheSorrow55
ultra-n00b

Post by TheSorrow55 »

ShinobiMao wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:49 am Came across this while exploring the RE6 360 Demo files.
I don't normally tinker with console files, so I don't know if this is common procedure, but, something worth noting for this file is everything is written backwards inside it.
The header, "SPAC", becomes "CAPS", "RIFF" is "FFIR", "WAVE fmt" is now "EVAW tmf", etc. (As shown here.)

I'm a novice at things like this, so sorry in advance if I can't keep up with your replies.

I've included the sample below in it's entirety.

it's impossible to change weapons sounds even with tools