Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

[Request] Animation importer

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
zaramot
double-veteran
double-veteran

[Request] Animation importer

Post by zaramot »

Hi!
I'm need service from a person who can write script for importing animation from the game to 3ds max or Blender. If anyone is interested and he has time, skills for such task, please contact me via PM (To discuss details, reward and to have a deal).
Thanks!
Making model-import scripts, PM
Demonsangel
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Re: [Request] Animation importer

Post by Demonsangel »

Why do we need to pm you, just post the details here.
zaramot
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by zaramot »

Hi!
Ok, so here are the details. I need animation importer for Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 or for DMC 3 - your choise (I prefer UMvsC 3 but if it's impossible, then don't bother). If you think that you able to do it, state your price for import script :) !
zaramot
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by zaramot »

I've noticed that RE 5 and DMC 4 has similar model (.mod and .dom for xbox 360 ) and animation (.lmt) extension with Marvel vs Capcom 3. If it's possible to make animation script for RE 5 it will be awesome.
Bastien
advanced

Post by Bastien »

Hey, I'm interested in an animation importer too, for studying/reference purpose. The games you named are a good base.
I'm willing to contribute $, would be cool to make the script public afterwards too.
revelation
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by revelation »

i really just have not gotten back around to testing the current findings regarding the LMT formats for RE5/DMC4. Given the progress Surveyor made with the information that was reversed it should be pretty close to working. Will try and see what i can do, but i can't make any real promises.
zaramot
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by zaramot »

Hey!
I fully agree to make importer public. I don't need it only for myself, anyone could put it to a better use :) Create animation script it's a hard work though, I hope someone could handle this task.
Bastien
advanced

Post by Bastien »

yeah, I think it's very hard, if you search the forum there are very few posts related to animation.
Kentilan did a great job for animations with the BRRES viewer, you can get all the animations from RE Darkside/Umbrella Chronicles, but other than that, I've never seen animations from RE.

As revelation said he can't make any promises, but nonetheless is it common to use some sort of fundraisers for hard tasks like this, or the coder is compensated after he finishes it?