Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Spotlight: Señor Casaroja's Noesis

General game file tools that are useful for more than one game
Demonsangel
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Re: Señor Casaroja's Noesis

Post by Demonsangel »

Yeah, you lost me a bit. : D

Could you perhaps explain a bit more what you are doing?
You are using Noesis, aren't you? If so what format are you trying to export to fbx. I might be able to add a root 'scene' bone to the skeleton by adjusting the import script.
Or are you looking for an entire skeleton to be imported into the mesh?
rexil
veteran

Post by rexil »

Is it possible to update the Bayonetta script to support the new game Max Anarchy? It's already released in Japan. The models are supported but the textures are extracted really low res.
I have used Bayonetta tools on the wtb files and got .xpr out of it but the unbundler doesn't output anything out of them just a .xpr.rdf 0KB file.
I can provide samples.
Thank you.
linhikaru7
ultra-n00b

Post by linhikaru7 »

Demonsangel wrote:Yeah, you lost me a bit. : D

Could you perhaps explain a bit more what you are doing?
You are using Noesis, aren't you? If so what format are you trying to export to fbx. I might be able to add a root 'scene' bone to the skeleton by adjusting the import script.
Or are you looking for an entire skeleton to be imported into the mesh?
Oh! Sorry, forgot that the format thing matters as well. .trb, but it seems like instead of exporting the skeleton as a whole, it breaks it up into a much of little bones, which doesn't work so well for my purposes. If I could figure out how to group together all those little bones as a full skeleton with a root around say maybe, the hip, that is what I am looking to do.

I'm sorry if this is unclear, I'm really new to this sort of stuff.
Demonsangel
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Demonsangel »

Into what program are you importing the .fbx?
MrAdults

Post by MrAdults »

Demonsangel wrote:How would I prompt for user input? There is no tkinter or wx module in the basic noesis kit.
data = rapi.loadPairedFileOptional("File description", ".ext"), where ".ext" is the extension you actually want. It just throws up a standard file open dialog so the user can navigate to the appropriate file, and it returns a bytearray of the file already loaded into memory, or None if the user cancelled out of the dialog. You can drop the Optional from the end if you want to automatically throw an exception on load failure.
Demonsangel wrote:Welcome back.
Thanks. :)
Demonsangel wrote:EDIT: where can I find the source for the MvC3 .mod plugin? Someone asked if I could try to parse the skeleton and animations.
It's not a plugin, it's one of the formats implemented in the Noesis core. Which is kind of silly and it only started out that way because I thought it would have a lot in common with the other Capcom .mod format, but it was too radically changed and I ended up breaking it out of the standard mod loader in the core. It's all a filthy mess. But I think chrrox might still have a maxscript or something for that one, I can't remember for sure. And I never did support PS3 models, because I never figured out the Edge index compression, although the info/code for figuring that out was leaked long ago so someone could definitely get that done now. It's not high on my priority list at the moment. (and I hesitate to go anywhere near it myself, since I did pretty recently get done working directly for Sony)
linhikaru7 wrote:Oh! Sorry, forgot that the format thing matters as well. .trb, but it seems like instead of exporting the skeleton as a whole, it breaks it up into a much of little bones, which doesn't work so well for my purposes. If I could figure out how to group together all those little bones as a full skeleton with a root around say maybe, the hip, that is what I am looking to do.

I'm sorry if this is unclear, I'm really new to this sort of stuff.
Every skeleton has to have a root, that just refers to a bone without a parent. It sounds like what you want to do is flatten the skeleton, and probably put another node in the center and child any existing root(s) to that node. Noesis doesn't offer that kind of functionality, it's something you'd have to do in your modeling program of choice. And how you'd do it would depend on which modeling program you're using.
rexil wrote:Is it possible to update the Bayonetta script to support the new game Max Anarchy? It's already released in Japan. The models are supported but the textures are extracted really low res.
I have used Bayonetta tools on the wtb files and got .xpr out of it but the unbundler doesn't output anything out of them just a .xpr.rdf 0KB file.
I can provide samples.
Thank you.
I didn't know that was coming out in Japan over half a year before here. Those bastards. I do have interest in the game, and if the model format is the same then I might as well do the work to get textures working properly. I'll see if I can get some resources to test.
Devilot
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Devilot »

welcome back!
Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Darko »

The dead man has returned :eek:
itoikenza
advanced

Post by itoikenza »

itoikenza wrote:
itoikenza wrote:Scratch Dat! i got the ff7 buster sword from ffx
which is pretty sweet. but it aint bound to her left hand when i rotate. Any way to bind objects? also i can't even move the weapon around. if i could i'd just grin and bear with it, which does have the advantage of being wielded by either hand or thrown.

sad that no one can/wants to help me with this, i've asked for alot but this is all i really want for now, a way to bind the buster to her left hand. is there a way to do it in noesis. by exporting both models to 1 file or do i need 3dsmax?

can i just move the sword itself in noesis? i tried everything and only paine moves!?
Sorry if i'm being annoying MrAdults, but this question has nothing to do with kinect, but with models of weapons being bound to a hand...
chrrox

Post by chrrox »

why don't you export the model then move the sword where you want?
noesis can view models and animations but it is not meant to be a posing program for 3d models.
if you want to do that in noesis export it to a common format like fbx.
then modify the sword so its parented how you want
then re open that file in noesis.
itoikenza
advanced

Post by itoikenza »

http://youtu.be/ZA0tTKvXxrs in this vid he mentions "linking" in 3ds max at 9:08. will that fix my problem? can i use .smd instead of fbx. or is fbx better for max?

edit: by the way i have max 2010. just tried to import paine and saw that noesis made it using "FBX SDK/FBX Plugins version 2012.2" so i guess i gotta get 2012? or is there a format that hasn't changed since then?
chrrox

Post by chrrox »

with max fbx > dae > smd.
so if its fbx2012 just use dae you will need to install the open collada plugin into max to import.
itoikenza
advanced

Post by itoikenza »

chrrox wrote:with max fbx > dae > smd.
so if its fbx2012 just use dae you will need to install the open collada plugin into max to import.
i got open collada but paine still looks the same messed up way without any color. i give up. i refuse to get 2012. i just want now, to put any .png in the background of ffxbuster.ffm and manipulate said model to cover my hands as if i'm holdin' it. please, can a .noesis script combine this?
chrrox

Post by chrrox »

did you install the collada plugin? the max one will not work.
also its just applying textures just look it up if you want to work with 3d models you at-least need to know how to apply textures to models.
just use smd if you want for want you want to do smd should be fine.
itoikenza
advanced

Post by itoikenza »

http://www.khronos.org/collada/ i'm lost, is this where i can get it? if not, link me, please.
chrrox

Post by chrrox »