Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

About "*.b3d" Models Exporters

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Newbie31
ultra-n00b

About "*.b3d" Models Exporters

Post by Newbie31 »

Heyo,

I wasn't really sure where to put this but I figured that if anyone would know about it they would probably be here. I don't know much about about programming so I started with Blitz3d with uses "*.3ds","*.x" and "*.b3d".

I've read that blitz3d is most comfortible with "*.b3d" {something to do with *.3ds and *.x not exporting skeleton and root nodes} anyway I've been using the b3dpipeline with 3ds max 9 to export stuff that I make in 3ds max 2009[make stuff in 3dsmax2009 export as *.nif, import into 3dsmax9 as nif and then export as *.b3d] which leads to my map and vertex channels getting meesed up.

I was wondering if anyone else uses *.b3d or anyone knew of and exporter or max script for 3dsmax 2009. I've searched around but haven't found anything?
+COTAY
ultra-n00b

Re: About "*.b3d" Models Exporters

Post by +COTAY »

Bro, this post is super old, but I know some game "Star Wars The Phantom Menace" [released in 1999] that uses files with extension .B3D to store level map data.
I think I got some map editor for that game that might work for your stuff, I guess.
PM me if you're interested :)