Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

[request] Character Creator Offline?

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Rimbros
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

[request] Character Creator Offline?

Post by Rimbros »

Anyone know offline Character Creator Engine?, one can customize hair, faces, body, skin color, etc option. I see lot of good character creation engines, in games like Guild Wars 2, APB Online, etc, but i never see one offline.
Renders Art by Rimbros
http://s303.photobucket.com/albums/nn12 ... E/Renders/

Personal Game repository samples, send PM
finale00
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Re: [request] Character Creator Offline?

Post by finale00 »

I think if someone can create a private server with that kind of feature they could probably port it as a stand-alone tool.
pixellegolas
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by pixellegolas »

http://www.makehuman.org/gallery

To make humans but without gear and stuff

Speaking of character creation, EVE online is by far the best character creation I have seen...but you don't use it ingame :)

I guess Poser would work too
Rimbros
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Rimbros »

Thanks pixel, complemented with Facegen this its the near end to made a fully good costumized body.
-------------
Renders Art by Rimbros

FurryFan
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by FurryFan »

Here are some character creator that are completely offline:
Dragon Age: Origins
Download Link (from the publishers website so it is legal):
http://files.bioware.com/dragonage_cc_d ... tor_en.exe

Everquest 2
Download Link (from Gamespot, so it is legal):
http://www.gamespot.com/everquest-ii/do ... l-6116708/
You must create a free gamespot.com account to download it, it is exclusive to gamespot (though it was also as a promo disc for people that preorder in 2003)

Any Online/Offline game.
Necessary Steps:
1. Download VirtualBox which is free and open source from:
https://www.virtualbox.org/
VirtualBox is a virtual machine which is something that allows you to run a computer within a computer, say for example running windows, on a linux.
YOU MUST INSTALL in a location that supports a file that is more then 4GB in size. This excludes most external harddrives and USB drives.
2. Purchase a windows XP or above disc, so you can install windows, in VirtualBox.
3. Install your game within VirtualBox or used the shared folders feature (so that the games folder can be seen both in your regular computer and in virtualbox.
4. Configure the graphics device/driver in VirtualBox (might require a beta version of either your regular graphics card, your regular software renderer, your virtual box software renderer. But yes people have played 3d MMORPG using virtual machines before.
5. Once you get the game working, go to the character creation screen, make sure you hit at least each race, and get to the point where the game asks you to confirm your selection/name, then say no, and get back to the first selection screen.
6. Now the most important step, is to save the virtual machine's current state. In virtual box, it is called a snapshot. Make the snapshot (ie a file that saves the current state of the game).
7. Now even when you have the internet disconnected, you can reload the snapshot (aka savestate), and you will be back in the character creation screen. What remains is to just hack the window that most online games show, when it looks like you ae disconnected to the game (this is much simpler to do on a savestate because memory addresses are static.
Hear is a screenshot, of me trying this with the online game called second life (I used a linux virtualbox virtual machine, as it is free, and their is a linux version of second life, but for a windows game, you need to use the windows virtual machine).
The savestate was made a few weeks ago, but still loads, the graphical glitches are because I am not using the much more supported windows only direct X.
I accept ALL requests. Let me know your requests.
Rimbros
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Rimbros »

FurryFan wrote: Any Online/Offline game.
Necessary Steps:
VirtualBox is a virtual machine which is something that allows you to run a computer within a computer, say for example running windows, on a linux.
YOU MUST INSTALL in a location that supports a file that is more then 4GB in size. This excludes most external harddrives and USB drives.
2. Purchase a windows XP or above disc, so you can install windows, in VirtualBox.
3. Install your game within VirtualBox or used the shared folders feature (so that the games folder can be seen both in your regular computer and in virtualbox.
4. Configure the graphics device/driver in VirtualBox (might require a beta version of either your regular graphics card, your regular software renderer, your virtual box software renderer. But yes people have played 3d MMORPG using virtual machines before.
5. Once you get the game working, go to the character creation screen, make sure you hit at least each race, and get to the point where the game asks you to confirm your selection/name, then say no, and get back to the first selection screen.
6. Now the most important step, is to save the virtual machine's current state. In virtual box, it is called a snapshot. Make the snapshot (ie a file that saves the current state of the game).
7. Now even when you have the internet disconnected, you can reload the snapshot (aka savestate), and you will be back in the character creation screen. What remains is to just hack the window that most online games show, when it looks like you ae disconnected to the game (this is much simpler to do on a savestate because memory addresses are static.
Hear is a screenshot, of me trying this with the online game called second life (I used a linux virtualbox virtual machine, as it is free, and their is a linux version of second life, but for a windows game, you need to use the windows virtual machine).
The savestate was made a few weeks ago, but still loads, the graphical glitches are because I am not using the much more supported windows only direct X.
This its very good, nobody can rip models from Second Life now, 3D ripper, Gameassassin, 3D via, ogle and glicapture, all this methods fail, if i load a savestate in vitualbox, its posible export from here to redeable format like obj or something?
Renders Art by Rimbros

FurryFan
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by FurryFan »

Rimbros wrote:
FurryFan wrote: Any Online/Offline game.
Necessary Steps:
This its very good, nobody can rip models from Second Life now, 3D ripper, Gameassassin, 3D via, ogle and glicapture, all this methods fail, if i load a savestate in vitualbox, its posible export from here to redeable format like obj or something?
From what I understand, no one or website I could find, has documented the actual format used in memory for the objects. All others have tried to use the Second Life API which Uses Prims for objects, and other people have used 3D rippers which just intercepts data from the graphics.
But yes I have looked over it, and it appears to be quite simple. There is a list in memory of Pointers to objects 3d representation, where the vertex data is followed by the face index. Which is good because in most games the meshes are scattered all over the place, but in second life memory there is a list or lists of dozens of objects. I think their is more then one primitive per mesh. Using a memory viewer the memory regions that have meshes seem to be a certain size that is not an integer, such as 15.4MB, let me see if I still have the samples from 2 years ago, otherwise I generate some new ones.
I accept ALL requests. Let me know your requests.
Rimbros
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Rimbros »

Thanks furry, this its really special task, all the people here, finale, chroxxx, fatduck, mr. adults, skaradek etc etc have skills to unpack file formats and made scripts to do this, but this its diferent this its abouth how we can rip models loading in realtime from Second Life game, i never hear abouth this before, hope u can do something with the snapshots.
Renders Art by Rimbros