Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

[Request] Guild Wars 2 DAT

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
Rhoot
beginner

Re: [Request] Guild Wars 2 DAT

Post by Rhoot »

Fresh new binary (and source) up now, which also handles models. It's both experimental and ugly to say the least, but it should work for most models.

One major exception is equipment. Most of those models will have the wrong texture since they don't seem to contain any texture references.

Edit: Also note some model files contain no geometry, only animation data. For these models you will see "Meshes: 0".
Last edited by Rhoot on Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
howfie
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by howfie »

Cool. It is always nice to see new people on here ripping games. When done create your own thread in the 2d/3d secction with a screen cap. It will get more attention there. I'm tempted to buy the game now hehehe. How do the female models look?
Rhoot
beginner

Post by Rhoot »

howfie wrote:How do the female models look?
chrrox linked you a video before: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48AIa_ipEX0 ;)
howfie
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by howfie »

That's in game though... it's always interesting to see what they look like with only their diffuse map applied. (:
Rhoot
beginner

Post by Rhoot »

howfie wrote:That's in game though... it's always interesting to see what they look like with only their diffuse map applied. (:
That's hard with player characters though, since they are generally built up from several models. One for the chest piece, one for legs, one for the scalp, one for the face, etc. During the stress test however I stashed away a list of all files that were loaded when I logged in, so I'll see if I can make a patch work of one of my characters. If not, I'll look for an NPC model.
Rhoot
beginner

Post by Rhoot »

So here's my patchworked necromancer. She's got the wrong colors since the textures are for the default colors. She's also got the ugliest hat in existence since the character selection shows it regardless of whether or not it's hidden in-game. Also, yes. The boots looked that messed up in-game as well.

Edit: Note that this is without any sort of textures other than diffuse (and alpha for the boot laces and eyelashes).

Edit 2: Or there's this if you'd prefer.

stalja
beginner

Post by stalja »

That second chick is HOT!
psychopigeon
n00b

Post by psychopigeon »

O.M.G I need soundtrack now!
howfie
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by howfie »

Oh wow lol, ha ha ha that's some funny shit Rhoot. What's up with the second pic?
nicoli_s
advanced

Post by nicoli_s »

think you could post the base ids for the meshes making up that necro? interested in cross referencing them, see if we can find where those are defined at
Rhoot
beginner

Post by Rhoot »

howfie wrote:Oh wow lol, ha ha ha that's some funny shit Rhoot. What's up with the second pic?
There's that and like 5 more models next to it that are broken. It looks to me like they're using a triangle strip instead of triangle list but I can't find a flag for whether or not it is one. Seeing as it only affects those few models however I haven't really bothered. (It's funny though, that chick was the first model I managed to render when I was figuring out the model structure. I thought my algorithms were off until I looked at other models.)

Edit: Also, if it was just a triangle strip that wouldn't explain why the eyes are popping out of the head like that. I still think they're just broken.
nicoli_s wrote:think you could post the base ids for the meshes making up that necro? interested in cross referencing them, see if we can find where those are defined at
34698 = helm
34747 = legs / skirt
34758 = bottom part of boots
34759 = rest of the boots
34769 = gloves
34772 = shoulders (more like a mantle though)
34775 = chest piece / upper body
35406 = face
spitfiresson
ultra-n00b

Post by spitfiresson »

Thought I'd reply and give thanks to Rhoot for this. It's quite awesome, if a crude and in progress viewer. Very nice job.

Slowly working on getting models/textures working in max. Not too easy but possible.
Benny2202
ultra-n00b

Post by Benny2202 »

Does someone have the cookie or the exe of the Dev version and could send it to me via pm ? Thanks :)
Jeston
ultra-n00b

Post by Jeston »

Could gw2browser be given the ability to also export all the textures without transparency instead of just a png
Rhoot
beginner

Post by Rhoot »

Jeston wrote:Could gw2browser be given the ability to also export all the textures without transparency instead of just a png
It's on the TODO list, but it requires some work beforehand and I'm in the middle of a move so I don't really have that much time for a couple of weeks. Until then your best bet is to open them in Photoshop with SuperPNG installed, while holding shift. This will allow you to handle the alpha channel separately, meaning no transparency. Instead the alpha channel will pop up as a channel.