Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

how to make the look FF13 model look nicer?

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
YouMe
ultra-n00b

how to make the look FF13 model look nicer?

Post by YouMe »

This is the pic using Neosis Software..the preview section..I have problem to use in Maya and 3ds max because i'm still beginner

This is the before using the toggle transparency.THe character look kinda square

This is after using the toggle transparency.The character look kinda nicer and beautiful

How i want to make it look like the after image...now i'm still on the before image using Maya or 3ds max..can someone teach me how.Thank you
Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran

Re: how to make the look FF13 model look nicer?

Post by Darko »

YouMe wrote:This is the pic using Neosis Software..the preview section..I have problem to use in Maya and 3ds max because i'm still beginner

This is the before using the toggle transparency.THe character look kinda square

This is after using the toggle transparency.The character look kinda nicer and beautiful

How i want to make it look like the after image...now i'm still on the before image using Maya or 3ds max..can someone teach me how.Thank you
Are you trying to do a cell shaded render?? You're turning on the selfillumination function in noesis.

You just need to apply correctly the textures in your model in order to make it look better. Just open your textures in Photohsop or Gimp, a check the channels and you'll get the correct shaders.

See ya.
YouMe
ultra-n00b

Post by YouMe »

Ok so i have to turn on self illumination, but the texture is in .dds format because i extracted the model from the game..how i can change it in photoshop while it's not support .dds format..
Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Darko »

YouMe wrote:Ok so i have to turn on self illumination, but the texture is in .dds format because i extracted the model from the game..how i can change it in photoshop while it's not support .dds format..
Lol, your question is a little bit noobish, but you have to start with something and nobody knows everything when they start:

http://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-text ... -photoshop

The textures are multichannel, It mean's that also the normal bump and the specular textures are in the same texture but different channels or in the case of the hair, the alpha texture and the specular texture are in the same texture in the same way.

See ya.
YouMe
ultra-n00b

Post by YouMe »

ok thank you, i will try it
junk angel
veteran

Post by junk angel »

YouMe wrote:This is the pic using Neosis Software..the preview section..I have problem to use in Maya and 3ds max because i'm still beginner

You need to render it in something with a decent lightning and material setup support. Something like marmoset toolbag or even somewhere insideo f a game engine. The alternatively is some decent render in a 3d modelling program.

But you'll need to at least somewhat learn how to set up materials.