Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Oyikell
ultra-n00b

Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post by Oyikell »

#Offtopic WOW, I got my first reply in this site from the Mr. mariokart64n :keke: . Let me tell you something, you're amazing.

Back to the topic: Oh well :( . So, to get this straight, there's not another way to extract these particular models, right??
mariokart64n
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by mariokart64n »

nope, the process is as follows

-enable double sides OR repair the flipped faces so that they all go in one direction

drawing 2 sides is easy enough in any rendering engine... but its just hiding the ugly truth. and you'll need to correct this to get proper shading when using any type of advanced shading etc
in 3dsmax, all you have to do is weld all the vertices by 0.001 select all faces and use "unify" this makes all faces, turn the correct direction. sometimes the automated process fails though and you'll have to manually select and flip them yourself.
Maxscript and other finished work I've done can be found on my DeviantArt account
Oyikell
ultra-n00b

Post by Oyikell »

mariokart64n wrote:nope, the process is as follows

-enable double sides OR repair the flipped faces so that they all go in one direction

drawing 2 sides is easy enough in any rendering engine... but its just hiding the ugly truth. and you'll need to correct this to get proper shading when using any type of advanced shading etc
in 3dsmax, all you have to do is weld all the vertices by 0.001 select all faces and use "unify" this makes all faces, turn the correct direction. sometimes the automated process fails though and you'll have to manually select and flip them yourself.
Ok, I think I understand. Anyway, I really appreciate your reply. If I have another doubt Ill let you know(I'm still new about using properly 3dsmax8).

Thank you.
BakameExcalibur
advanced

Post by BakameExcalibur »

Hmm... I want to extract a whole AFS file from DOAU using GreedXplorer (more specifically, export the cg01 through cg06.afs files and extract the files within as .TGA), but is there any other method besides doing it one pic at a time? As you can imagine, one-at-a-time is unimagineably slow, and while AFSExplorer can extract the files, I want to batch-convert the contained .xpr files to something usable. (Sorry if this is a bit confusing... :P )
b0ny
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by b0ny »

BakameExcalibur wrote:Hmm... I want to extract a whole AFS file from DOAU using GreedXplorer (more specifically, export the cg01 through cg06.afs files and extract the files within as .TGA), but is there any other method besides doing it one pic at a time? As you can imagine, one-at-a-time is unimagineably slow, and while AFSExplorer can extract the files, I want to batch-convert the contained .xpr files to something usable. (Sorry if this is a bit confusing... :P )
try this tool

run it from the folder where, all your xpr files you want to convert, are.
it's for batch converting xpr -> tga. it's only for the doau gallery files.
joeyq
n00b

Post by joeyq »

Could anyone please reupload all the tools. They have been removed, which is weird because as far as i know "Tools" aren't prohibited on this forum. :?:
filesonic's gone so please post them on this forum in stead of a filesharing site so they won't be deleted.
Thanks in advance!
THESIERRAMAN
n00b

Post by THESIERRAMAN »

HELLO GUYS IM THE SIERRA MAN, AND IM NEW IN THE FORUM, MARIOKARTS VIDEOS BROUGHT ME HERE AND THE FORUM IS AMAZING!!!!. I readed all "Dead or Alive series formats and tools forum" and your job is fantastic. the situations for resolve, the time (wow, working on it in christmas??? geeez you people are the men), the opportunity for the gamers to change the games that we want WOOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!.

I like these b0ny's words:
"what the hell are you talking about -- this is the most important thing in the universe, to give people the power to customize their games, to give them the smell of victory when they feel that they can change something. computers are the dumbest invention in the history, while it were supposed to give people the power of a super-brain it became a curse for the humanity by ignoring the users needs and trying to substitute the way of freedom with some freak capitalist model of making money of nothing. thanks god there are people that are trying to fix the situation by making tools that help people, mostly kids to get involved in the computer science. and you in the first place should be the man(or an angry transvestite cookie, whatever) of idea. if you're so smart you should start some project that will help the modders to become more productive, your project will become famous and this will bring you somewhere for sure. please don't take my words seriously."

Me: WOOOOOW!!!!! (snif) b0ny for president!!!!

People... thanks for expand the horizons for gamers and give us the chance of something amazing.

THANKS.
THESIERRAMAN
n00b

Post by THESIERRAMAN »

Hello People!!!
Can you help me??? I have some situations for resolve.
I have:
DOA U2 FOR XBOX 1
DOA 3 FOR XBOX 1
DOA 4 FOR XBOX 360
DOA X FOR XBOX 1
DOA X2 FOR XBOX 360
NINJA GAIDEN FOR XBOX 1
All in original dvds, I would like to extract all the information (3d models, scenarios, music, etc.) from these dvds but when i insert a game (for example DOA X) in my pc, it doesn't show me the information only the video that say "THIS DVD IS FOR XBOX CONSOLE".

1. Can someone tell me what program I need for read original Xbox games in my PC without a XBOX (I dont have XBOX 1 and 360) please???

Second situation:
I watched the MARIOKART'S videos, where he shows that the tools for extract 3d models are in mega#$%&ad (unfortunatly (snif)),

2.Can someone put the all the tools (for DOA U2, 3, 4, X, X2, NG1) in a new server (If you can, in MediaFire) please???

Third situation:
I have:
NINJA GAIDEN SIGMA 2 FOR PS3 in my pc (not original), and i would like to extract the models, music and scenarios, and im trying to open the archives, but i dont know how.

3. Can someone put the programs in the same link with the DOATOOLS for open this archives and extract the models for 3ds max studio 2010 please???

Thanks for your attention.
TRDaz
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by TRDaz »

b0ny, hi, i loved your work with the blender 2.6 importer for the emp files in DOAO, just wondering if its possible to add support for stages? I tried one today but it gives me an error, though one of them loads one mesh, and thats it.
Oyikell
ultra-n00b

Post by Oyikell »

THESIERRAMAN wrote:Hello People!!!
I have:
DOA U2 FOR XBOX 1
DOA 3 FOR XBOX 1
DOA 4 FOR XBOX 360
DOA X FOR XBOX 1
DOA X2 FOR XBOX 360
NINJA GAIDEN FOR XBOX 1
All in original dvds, I would like to extract all the information (3d models, scenarios, music, etc.) from these dvds but when i insert a game (for example DOA X) in my pc, it doesn't show me the information only the video that say "THIS DVD IS FOR XBOX CONSOLE".

1. Can someone tell me what program I need for read original Xbox games in my PC without a XBOX (I dont have XBOX 1 and 360) please???

Second situation:
I watched the MARIOKART'S videos, where he shows that the tools for extract 3d models are in mega#$%&ad (unfortunatly (snif)),

2.Can someone put the all the tools (for DOA U2, 3, 4, X, X2, NG1) in a new server (If you can, in MediaFire) please???

Third situation:
I have:
NINJA GAIDEN SIGMA 2 FOR PS3 in my pc (not original), and i would like to extract the models, music and scenarios, and im trying to open the archives, but i dont know how.

3. Can someone put the programs in the same link with the DOATOOLS for open this archives and extract the models for 3ds max studio 2010 please???

1. Umm. Unfortunely, the only way you can extract the models , scenarios on the DOA3 and DOA2U discs is with a modded xbox.

2. && 3. I had the same situation finding the "ninja toolbox", Here's a link(I can't do more than that): http://pastebin.com/1EGKLtBS. If I'm not wrong, mariokart64n made a pack with some of the tools he uses to extract models from DOA games(you'll have to find that pack).

I hope you find this useful.
Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Darko »

Oyikell wrote:
THESIERRAMAN wrote:Hello People!!!
I have:
DOA U2 FOR XBOX 1
DOA 3 FOR XBOX 1
DOA 4 FOR XBOX 360
DOA X FOR XBOX 1
DOA X2 FOR XBOX 360
NINJA GAIDEN FOR XBOX 1

Second situation:

Third situation:
I have:

1. Umm. Unfortunely, the only way you can extract the models , scenarios on the DOA3 and DOA2U discs is with a modded xbox.

2. && 3. I had the same situation finding the "ninja toolbox", Here's a link(I can't do more than that): http://pastebin.com/1EGKLtBS. If I'm not wrong, mariokart64n made a pack with some of the tools he uses to extract models from DOA games(you'll have to find that pack).

I hope you find this useful.
Toolbox:

http://www.mediafire.com/?od0bjk8bfb7c774

Greed xplorer:

http://www.mediafire.com/?zo5viocend5zr2d
THESIERRAMAN
n00b

Post by THESIERRAMAN »

Hello guys!!!

Thanks for the answers, (Oyikell, Darko), and the guys who create and are part of this forum.

I downloaded:
AFSExplorer
Toolbox
Greed xplorer

Thanks for your help and attention!!! :)
b0ny
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by b0ny »

guys... guys, guys. listen guys. i've made, guys, i've made - a python server for doao, that... listen carefully guys, that can load any character, on any stage, pose her, and play any move of her. though it's not that easy as handling the camera with gamepad stiks on xbox, but you try it...

you can load it here
TRDaz wrote:b0ny, hi, i loved your work with the blender 2.6 importer for the emp files in DOAO, just wondering if its possible to add support for stages? I tried one today but it gives me an error, though one of them loads one mesh, and thats it.
you should use a 3d ripper tool to get the stages meshes. stages don't have bones(they have), they're just meshes, you can try to rip them from from greed explorer or you can try to rip settled up stages from dead or alive online. it's a pain in the as* for me to deal with deswizzling. though it's an interesting idea to import in blender a doa stage with morphing, animated textures and triggers, but i can't accept this challenge, right now it's too much for me because i don't see where it can go to, its much important right now to focus on doa5 or something more relevant than digging for models a cadaver like doau(of course doao is still mainstream right now for pc :D :ninja:).
BakameExcalibur
advanced

Post by BakameExcalibur »

Huh... I installed Blender 2.62 in my fresh Windows 7 (back to Windows because too much broken stuff in Linux to put up with), and now the xpr importer works just fine again. Weird, but I won't complain.
egital2
ultra-n00b

Post by egital2 »

b0ny you are a god here. :twisted: