Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
b0ny
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post by b0ny »

hey guys.
do you know if there is any way to access the doa2 hardcore files?

i can't find any information about if it's possible to unpack the "ROM_00.BIN" archive.
i looked inside the archive and i didn't find the file names in it, and that's strange because i didn't find any caption file either.
TRDaz
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by TRDaz »

b0ny wrote:KFK
use "doau decode" option without "xpr breaker"
the doau names should have the original formatting like: "kas01.xpr" and "kas01.cat"
(xpr breaker will change the name to something like"kas01~D1.xpr" and that's unacceptable)

TRDaz
show me the error for ein
Its not only for Ein anymore, its doing it to Kasumi, Ayane, Lei Fang, and more. It seems to be the same error I had before :/
KFK
ultra-n00b

Post by KFK »

b0ny wrote:KFK
use "doau decode" option without "xpr breaker"
the doau names should have the original formatting like: "kas01.xpr" and "kas01.cat"
(xpr breaker will change the name to something like"kas01~D1.xpr" and that's unacceptable)
Gotcha. It's working fine now.
TRDaz
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by TRDaz »

The DOAO importer works now! I had Blender 2.63 like an idiot xD Blender 2.62 imports them perfectly, but sometimes the model doesnt seem to have bones, the first one I tried had bones, then when I tried others, they didnt, they had a small error, but I wont care about the bones as rigging a T-Posed model is easy :)
Glad this finally works, thanks for your work b0ny :D

EDIT: The model you first open has bones, but the meshes are combined, then when you open another model within the same session of Blender then the model no longer has bones but is not combined :) I'd rather have the one I need to rig xD
b0ny
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by b0ny »

hi guys. i've searched around internet and didn't found any information about the playstation2 version of doa.
and then i've made myself an extractor for the hardcore version. if anyone will be interested i think i can make also an importer, and an extractor for the jap doa2 for ps2(not hardcore) which can be launched on the pcsx2 emulator.

you can take the doa2unpacker here

p.s. maybe the blender importer will work for you guys when i at last will port it to blender 2.63... (and i'm a lamer that works only on windows so i can't guarantee that it will work on linux)
BakameExcalibur
advanced

Post by BakameExcalibur »

b0ny wrote:hi guys. i've searched around internet and didn't found any information about the playstation2 version of doa.
and then i've made myself an extractor for the hardcore version. if anyone will be interested i think i can make also an importer, and an extractor for the jap doa2 for ps2(not hardcore) which can be launched on the pcsx2 emulator.

you can take the doa2unpacker here

p.s. maybe the blender importer will work for you guys when i at last will port it to blender 2.63... (and i'm a lamer that works only on windows so i can't guarantee that it will work on linux)
Cool! I've always wondered if anyone would make a tool for DOA2 Hardcore, so thanks! And unless your Blender importer somehow only does Windows-specific functions, I believe it should work across most any platform that is capable of using Python.
mariokart64n
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by mariokart64n »

ditto, maybe I'll have a peek at the mesh format on the weekend
Maxscript and other finished work I've done can be found on my DeviantArt account
BakameExcalibur
advanced

Not much of an important update, just a better picture of the glitch I'm running into when importing DOAX models (I've yet to try DOAU models, though I don't doubt it would do this too).

edit: Yep, DOAU does this same thing too.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
b0ny
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by b0ny »

BakameExcalibur wrote:Not much of an important update, just a better picture of the glitch I'm running into when importing DOAX models (I've yet to try DOAU models, though I don't doubt it would do this too).

aw, man... do you really want that so badly?

seems like the script (a)can't find the skeletons folder or it (b)(c)can't recognize that the imported files should use a skeleton.
a) is the "skeletons" folder placed along with the script in the blenders "addon" folder?

b) the imported files should have their names "from the box", like "aya00.xpr" and "aya00.cat", this script is analyzing the name to find out what skeleton should be applied.

c) also the script will not load the skeleton if it won't find in the same folder as the file you're importing with the ".xpr" extension, a file with the same name but with the ".cat" extension. like if you're importing "aya00.xpr", in the same folder should be present "aya00.cat"
BakameExcalibur
advanced

b0ny wrote:
BakameExcalibur wrote:Not much of an important update, just a better picture of the glitch I'm running into when importing DOAX models (I've yet to try DOAU models, though I don't doubt it would do this too).

aw, man... do you really want that so badly?

seems like the script (a)can't find the skeletons folder or it (b)(c)can't recognize that the imported files should use a skeleton.
a) is the "skeletons" folder placed along with the script in the blenders "addon" folder?

b) the imported files should have their names "from the box", like "aya00.xpr" and "aya00.cat", this script is analyzing the name to find out what skeleton should be applied.

c) also the script will not load the skeleton if it won't find in the same folder as the file you're importing with the ".xpr" extension, a file with the same name but with the ".cat" extension. like if you're importing "aya00.xpr", in the same folder should be present "aya00.cat"
That's exactly it, though; I have everything set up correctly and the bug still occurs. Don't get me wrong or anything, I'm not mad, just really confused is all, especially since the script used to actually work for me. If you ask me, it seems like it's just not finding the skeletons folder, even though it's in the right place (~/.blender/2.62/scripts/addons) for me. Maybe the script somehow only looks for the skeletons folder where Windows would store it? (no offense to you Windows users or anything, just an idea is all)
mariokart64n
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by mariokart64n »

just import the skeleton and attach the meshes. there local positions assume the position of their parent bone then they will position correctly
Maxscript and other finished work I've done can be found on my DeviantArt account
b0ny
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by b0ny »

BakameExcalibur
copy-paste this line in the blenders python console: bpy.utils.script_paths("addons\\skeletons\\", False, False)
and tell me the results(is it a empty square brackets or with the path to the skeleton folder inside)
or you can give me a screenshot of the blender system console, just after you imported a doa model. (to show the system console go to menu: "help" -> "toggle system console")
BakameExcalibur
advanced

b0ny wrote:BakameExcalibur
copy-paste this line in the blenders python console: bpy.utils.script_paths("addons\\skeletons\\", False, False)
and tell me the results(is it a empty square brackets or with the path to the skeleton folder inside)
or you can give me a screenshot of the blender system console, just after you imported a doa model. (to show the system console go to menu: "help" -> "toggle system console")
It's empty brackets. Is this a sign of something important...?

edit: Got a bit of info by launching Blender with the --start-console option. Seems it's not finding the matching .cat files, even though they're in the right place.

Code: Select all

philip@philip-Dell-DXP061:~$ blender --start-console
Importing /home/philip/Downloads/DOA stuff/Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball/datadvd/FULL_AFS_FILE_DUMP/vht00.xpr
cat not found
mdl magic. objects 59
textures...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Oyikell
ultra-n00b

Post by Oyikell »

Hi to all of you. I'm trying to extract the models from DOA 3 following the tutorial that mariokart64n made some time ago on his youtube channel. I'm using the "easy way" that consist in to use 3dripper Dx (1.81) and the greedxplorer to extract the models.

I successfully extracted most of the DOA2U characters (specially the female ones jeje) but when I use the same process with some DOA3 models (that I found inside of the DOA2U disc), the extracted meshes looks horrible.

I tried to use the DOA3 exporter to convert the meshes in 3ds files and be able to edit those in 3dsmax 8 but the same thing happens(the extracted meshes have a horrible look).

I don't know if has some relation that I extracted the files from the DOA2U disc. If my memory doesn't fail me there is a costume of Helena that looks like a geenie(the file is called hikA0.xpr), I tried to extract her using the 3dripper + greedxplorer but the result it is what I mentioned above.

Is there another way to extract these models??. I dont have a problem to give you the files for research.
mariokart64n
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by mariokart64n »

nobody knows where the flags are for face direction.. thus why the imported models look like swiz cheese