Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Albafika
ultra-n00b

Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post by Albafika »

BakameExcalibur wrote:
Albafika wrote: Sorry for being a nuisance, but I downloaded that version of Blender and the .XPR Import option won't appear. =/ Anything I could be doing wrong? (I'm certain I placed the "skeletons" and the "io_import_xpr.py" into the correct "plugins" folder, as I've added a few more scripts that work.)
Go to User Preferences -> Addons -> Import/Export, and check XPR Import. Don't forget to save as your default settings if you want to keep it!
This made it show up on the 32 bits Blender. Thanks, Bakame!

But... Pardon me, but I have another question... I get this error when importing a model (.XPR)
But, somehow, on my second try (On another model), it imported it (Ayane), but it only did it that time. It's bringing up this error every time now. Any advice?
Kasumi chan
ultra-n00b

Post by Kasumi chan »

TRDaz wrote:Is there a Dead Or Alive Online emp extractor? For the models I mean, I know you can get the textures but I dont know how to get the models out of the emp files.
Please use emptool03
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?4advbq773658zau
TRDaz
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by TRDaz »

Kasumi chan wrote:
TRDaz wrote:Is there a Dead Or Alive Online emp extractor? For the models I mean, I know you can get the textures but I dont know how to get the models out of the emp files.
Please use emptool03
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?4advbq773658zau
I used that, it only extracts textures, well it can extract MDL's too, but it doesnt load in Noesis.
b0ny
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by b0ny »

Dead or Alive Online/Xtreme/Ultimate blender import script
added support for doa online - emp files.
it's still for blender 2.62 :( (the 2.63 version is giving me some strange ngon glitches when importing)

you may want to uncheck the "one piece" option when importing...
p.s. i still didn't realized how to import dds without saving them as files, so, if you import many models, you also may want to clean you're "%temp%" folder from time to time
BakameExcalibur
advanced

Post by BakameExcalibur »

b0ny wrote:
it's still for blender 2.62 :( (the 2.63 version is giving me some strange ngon glitches when importing)

p.s. i still didn't realized how to import dds without saving them as files, so, if you import many models, you also may want to clean you're "%temp%" folder from time to time
Cool, but now it seems that half a character's outfit for the DOAX models will render off somewhere else, leaving everyone half-naked. :eek:
b0ny
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by b0ny »

BakameExcalibur

you're talking about transparent objects or about clothes that don't follow the body when you pose it?
can i see a screenshot?
BakameExcalibur
advanced

b0ny wrote:BakameExcalibur

you're talking about transparent objects or about clothes that don't follow the body when you pose it?
can i see a screenshot?
Here you go. Oddly, the problem only started with the most recent version of the Blender plugin.

(Not how Hitomi's bikini bottom is way off floating in midair...)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TRDaz
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by TRDaz »

b0ny wrote:

I get an error when importing, should I show you what the error is by linking the image?

EDIT: Doesnt matter now, I went a different way and used GameAssassin on it, it got the models out for me :) I can rig them so thats no problem for me.
b0ny
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by b0ny »

TRDaz wrote: Doesnt matter now, I went a different way and used GameAssassin on it, it got the models out for me :) I can rig them so thats no problem for me.
wow. sorry for a late response. can you make a short tutorial how do you extract the models using GameAssassin?
TRDaz
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by TRDaz »

b0ny wrote:
TRDaz wrote: Doesnt matter now, I went a different way and used GameAssassin on it, it got the models out for me :) I can rig them so thats no problem for me.
wow. sorry for a late response. can you make a short tutorial how do you extract the models using GameAssassin?
Its fine. Well, with GA, you dont get T-posed models, they are in the current pose you extract them with. The hair is the most annoying part though, as you should tell from when you play the game. The way I extracted with GA, I opened the DOAOLauncher.exe and pressed Load. This opened up the game and it had the GA logo in the top left corner so I knew it had worked. I went into the game, and just clicked Alt+F7 when I find the models I want.

Well, I will show this error, incase there is a way around it:
Hopefully we can find a way to get around this, and get the models in a T-Pose... I hate rigging from a posed model, especially with the hair >_<
b0ny
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by b0ny »

fixed
i hope
KFK
ultra-n00b

Post by KFK »

Hey b0ny, I think I'm missing something with your XPR script. I used GreedXplorer to extract the XPR and CAT just like you said (doau xpr breaker), but when I import the XPR into blender, I get this instead of a posable character.

Edit: Works perfectly with DOA Online.
TRDaz
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by TRDaz »

b0ny wrote:fixed
i hope
Imports skeleton only, no meshes for me. Also doesnt work on EVERY file D: I tested it on one of Ein's files, didnt work.

Also it sometimes gives me the error again.
b0ny
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by b0ny »

KFK
use "doau decode" option without "xpr breaker"
the doau names should have the original formatting like: "kas01.xpr" and "kas01.cat"
(xpr breaker will change the name to something like"kas01~D1.xpr" and that's unacceptable)

TRDaz
show me the error for ein
BakameExcalibur
advanced

b0ny wrote:fixed
i hope
Not for me it isn't. :/ Don't know why, especially since the script was working for a while in Windows. Maybe something changed while I made the switch to Ubuntu Linux?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.