Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

[SOLVED] Prince of Persia HD Trilogy (PS3) - *.BF

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
Droolie
veteran

[SOLVED] Prince of Persia HD Trilogy (PS3) - *.BF

Post by Droolie »

Hey there,

I was recently looking at the files from the Prince of Persia HD Trilogy for PS3. They all have normal BF files that are easily extractable with a program called Persian Rug made for the original PoP games, but unlike the original PoP games, they also have separate BF files for textures and audio. They all start with "[ Gear BigFile ]" so I assumed it was the Yeti Engine and tried to use aluigi's script for the Yeti Engine. It doesn't entirely work on this though, so I uploaded a cut of one of the files here. I hope to see this format cracked soon. ;)
*Snip
Just tell me if you need any other files, a bigger cut or an entire archive. :)

Thanks!
Droolie.
Last edited by Droolie on Thu May 17, 2012 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aluigi
VVIP member
VVIP member

Re: Prince of Persia HD Trilogy (PS3) - *.BF [Gear BigFile]

Post by aluigi »

check if this quickbms script works:
http://aluigi.org/papers/bms/yeti_gear.bms
Droolie
veteran

Post by Droolie »

The contents of this post was deleted because of possible forum rules violation.
Zench
VIP member
VIP member

Post by Zench »

For the record (unfortunately have to resurrect a dead thread to do it) I've figured this one out. It's nearly the same as aluigi's BMS script but with deflate compression. Here's a Python script to do the extraction. The script also creates a _stripped version of the extracted file which works in DecUbiSnd without the clicks at the end of each track.

http://zenchreal.bitbucket.org/game/pop-hd-trilogy.py

Edit: changed link
And I said, "The well has finally run dry." So then that will be my battle cry.
Droolie
veteran

Post by Droolie »

Zench wrote:For the record (unfortunately have to resurrect a dead thread to do it) I've figured this one out. It's nearly the same as aluigi's BMS script but with deflate compression. Here's a Python script to do the extraction. The script also creates a _stripped version of the extracted file which works in DecUbiSnd without the clicks at the end of each track.

http://zenchreal.bitbucket.org/game/pop-hd-trilogy.py

Edit: changed link
It wasn't completely dead, I was still waiting for a reply. Thanks a lot Zench, this works great as always! :D
I'm a bit disappointed to see that the audio is only 28kHz though (at least for Sands of Time, haven't checked the other games yet)... I expected more when I saw that the PS3 start screen sound was in 48kHz. But anyway, great work! ^^
MoriyaMug
Banned

Re: [SOLVED] Prince of Persia HD Trilogy (PS3) - *.BF

Post by MoriyaMug »

Sorry to bring this back to life, but I was wondering if anyone ever tried pulling the Two Thrones music. If so, is it CD-quality? All of the other releases are only 24kHz, so I was hoping...

If no one's checked, can someone give me some assistance with checking for myself?
Droolie
veteran

Post by Droolie »

MoriyaMug wrote:Sorry to bring this back to life, but I was wondering if anyone ever tried pulling the Two Thrones music. If so, is it CD-quality? All of the other releases are only 24kHz, so I was hoping...

If no one's checked, can someone give me some assistance with checking for myself?
Nope, I've checked and the T2T music is 24khz in the HD version too :/
MoriyaMug
Banned

Post by MoriyaMug »

Damn it! Ah, well. Thanks for your reply. I guess I can finally delete all this stuff. :P