Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Resident Evil Operation Racoon City

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
nickru58
beginner

Re: Resident Evil Operation Racoon City

Post by nickru58 »

could someone post the script for neosis that allows me to view the re orc edgemodel files
relapse
ultra-n00b

Post by relapse »

nickru58 wrote:could someone post the script for neosis that allows me to view the re orc edgemodel files
chrrox wrote:the models are identical to the xbox ones but here is a new script only loads the highest lod also.
That should do the trick, look for his post on page 4 I believe it was, Nick. However, i'm still trying to figure out why the material(texture) doesn't seem to be loading with the models, I seem to be stuck with the standard white model. I've placed them in the same folders, ect. Any help or advice would be appreciated, thank you.

Edit: Oops, i'm dumb. xD, the textures are just flipped, ect. However, i'd still like to know how to load them in the Noesis viewer.
nickru58
beginner

Post by nickru58 »

what program do you use to open the edgemodel files??? neosis????
nickru58
beginner

Post by nickru58 »

another cool thing guys.

i got the m4a1 and ravager to replace to cutscene ump for uss campaign.
i also got the spas12 aka assault shotgun to be in the pistol slot. it fires, damages, and spreads like a shotgun but i hold it like a pistol and cant reload it..

any help or suggestions on how to fix this???
The Chief
veteran

Post by The Chief »

nickru58 wrote:what program do you use to open the edgemodel files??? neosis????
Yes you can use noesis to open the edgemodel file , using the script that chroxx posted here. :)
dragbody
veteran

Post by dragbody »

Thanks chrrox for this! Works perfectly. :D

To anyone asking how to extract or view certain files, please read the thread in its entirety. Your answers are already here.
REfan
advanced

Post by REfan »

Chrrox what's up about extracting the skeleton? have you figured it out?(Ofcourse I'm sure you did :wink: )
shadowmoy
veteran

Post by shadowmoy »

REfan wrote:Chrrox what's up about extracting the skeleton? have you figured it out?(Ofcourse I'm sure you did :wink: )
nop he don't , i give it a try but there is something weird with my bones rotations, the hierachy is ok but the skeleton is all fucked up because of bad rotations :/
_-=<(¯`·._.·[ CodeMan ]·._.·´¯)>=-_
REfan
advanced

Post by REfan »

Why did chrrox leave it? if he is no more interested maybe you can take his job :wink: . please don't give up and try to complete his unfinished mission whenever u had some extra time my friend. and another thing : chrrox's .edgemodel script extracts the character and object models perfectly but some of the stage models had minor UV problems. can u please take a look and fix it? if u need proof, I can show u some images.
have fun :) .
cynicalbug
ultra-n00b

Post by cynicalbug »

I'm having problems locating the character files. I am able to view most architecture, vehicles, etc. But I can't find any edgemodels for any characters, zombies...etc. Could someone tell me which files I need to be looking at? BTW big thanks to chrrox and all of the people that have helped out with this!
Kamillho
veteran

Post by Kamillho »

XXX:\Program Files\Capcom\Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City\dlc\pack1\Characters
REfan
advanced

Post by REfan »

What's up codeman? did u fixed the wierd rotation of skeleton? I think that the skeleton structure is stored in a seperate .ssg file located in the skel folder and the vertex weights are stored in main .edgemodel file. so inorder to extract the whole model with skeleton, you need to process these two files together. am I right?
nickru58
beginner

Post by nickru58 »

hello everyone.

i have a question regarding model swapping.

i was able to switch the assault shotgun into the lightning hawk slot. it shoots and spreads like a shotgun but i cant reload or hold it like a shotgun.

if anyone could help i would be very greatfull.
chrrox

Post by chrrox »

you can just edit the swb2 file of the character to unlock every weapon in the game no need to swap anything around.
nickru58
beginner

Post by nickru58 »

you dont get it though.

im trying to get the assault shotgun in the secondary slot.