Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
CDD Xtreme
beginner

Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post by CDD Xtreme »

I do have one other option which will permanently free us from the limitations of modding at least to a point where we only need to extract data and have that readable into 3ds max.

I have a Game I call Open Island for now - the girl on the website is fully playable in real time and extremely flowing well with my animations and so on.

I would like to extract the animations from 1 of the following :
Doax
Doax2
Doa Paradise island

why ? because we already have tools to export the models and I have already fully rigged and animated my own extracted models and modified em too but lets be honest that doax series has some awesome animations and mocap animations are poor in quality and are hard to come by for the apropriate girls also hand animating can take very long and I already have plenty of hand made animations but I would like someone to rip em as joint data to add to a bone such as a biped bone etc

the doa paradise I think would be the best choice as they have no morphs are a simple placement values.
The goal would be to identify bone positions per frame or set of frames and then export those out as the apropriate format that can be applied to a biped or standard bone via maxscript or whatever method. I can then fix up the animation and import into Unity3D and show case the animations running perfectly. Realise that I ALREADY have a perfectly working character PLUS I also have doax characters running very well with textures, UVW and all in Unity but the animations are required to complete the mess etc

I also have working physics for the boobs/softres and I also have found out that Unity also have morph target support where necessary and I have also successfully equipped swimsuits - thats all working and If anyone would like to see images I would gladly be ready to show em if you guys are interested !

In this game I plan to start with a fully usable camera (already done) and fully running menu and animations (already done) but all of these could use a quality boost. The girl is already done too fully running, shaded and animating but as said I would like doax series animations as then we can simply extract the model hand that over to me and I prepare the model and jump that into Unity to join the rest of the babes and THEY WILL ALL HAVE THE SAME BONE STRUCTURE TO FULLY SUPPORT ALL ANIMATIONS!

This means you can have FULLY ACTIVE Camera Control to zoom THROUGH the girls if you want which I have set to double sided so you can see inside the girl hehe AND YOU can have Christie behave with Tinas animations if you want all working with swimsuits and a button which shows or turns off swimsuits! *already implemented* - I also have got the Shoes working on top of the animations flawlessly unlike the games which if you wore shoes their feet would no longer bend and would often go through the floor -I got mine running perfectly!

Eventually we can start implementing mini games like doax2 ! that is all possible but the animations are the key no pun intended hehe.

I will of course upload exe demos of my progress which you guys can all play so long as you promise to keep the demo strictly to those you trust and preferably with Xentax so what do you guys think - wanna see some proof or "gameplay" or wanna get started and help me out to make this Game Possible - I know I said about the last post but if you have the option of extracting any female in doa history EVEN OTHER GAMES like Rumble ROses XX and so on and have em all ANIMATING and RUNNING PERFECTLY on WINDOWS !!!! I am a topological master and I know emulation very well = I will perfectly replicate models if I have to - hehe so guys what do you think....continue extracting models and unswizzling and reinjecting and dealing with all the hassle and making several programs to preveiw and only to make a render or inject back into the game without having real freedom or making an extract and making the perfect game which the Author - Myself WILL ACTUALLY LISTEN TO FEATURE QUESTIONS and Make the BEST POSSIBLE AND GIVE NEAR COMPLETE CUSTOMIZATION!!! In my demo I already have nail polish colors and skin color changes and swimsuits and clothes and hair on and off switches etc and you have a GUI which you can choose from the 40 or so animations which switch in real time and also I HAVE TIME CONTROL TO LET YOU PAUSE GO BACKWORD OR SPEED UP THE ANIMATION OR SLOW THAT DOWN ALL IMPLEMENTED ALREADY!!!

And as said before any girl in gaming history can be added to this so long as the bone structure is human and same name which I can take care of.

if anyone wants to partake let me know. any feature requests or questions let me know.
DOAX 3 - I repeat - Dead Or Alive Xtreme 3 Has been announced but we need your support to get it outside Asia - Please Sign this Petition: http://chn.ge/1Iwi1sC
Kasumi chan
ultra-n00b

Post by Kasumi chan »

I have some DOAU mods and I would convert them to DOA Online, but some mods can't be used.
I use Greed Xplorer to open .afs file, extract to xpr and cat, convert .xpr to .emp and copy .emp and .cat to game folder. But it get error and automic out.
If you only extract all .dds file and raplace .dds files into original .emp, I can use it but some mods have edited 3D model, I can't use this 3D model.
Example, for aya04, mod version (in attachments).
But I can only mod into DOAOL : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEZ_kzRtwtw
Please help me.

When I save as .dds files, I can't use transparent.
DXT1 don't supported transparent, while DXT5 supported but when I use this outfit, transparent area is replaced on black-white area.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
synce
n00b

Post by synce »

I've extracted the doa5 models but I'm having trouble importing the .tmc files into blender. The option isn't showing up under Import. Where do I place the script and how do I run it? (This is Win7 x64 and I have python27 installed if it matters)

Edit: Figured it out, had to enable the add-on via preferences. The problem now is when I select any .tmc file Blender locks up with my i7 churning away. After a minute I just end the program

Error console below
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
b0ny
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by b0ny »

synce this script is for blender 2.62

Kasumi chan are you using the latest "xpr to emp" converter?

CDD Xtreme what game engine will you use for your game? why do you need the doax gravures, do you intend to make a doax remake or something?
Kasumi chan
ultra-n00b

Post by Kasumi chan »

I think that now, I can use it.

But if I would edit 3d model, what software can I use ?
Please, because I 'm newbie of 3d model
Now, I have only 3ds max 2010
CDD Xtreme
beginner

Post by CDD Xtreme »

b0ny wrote:synce this script is for blender 2.62

Kasumi chan are you using the latest "xpr to emp" converter?

CDD Xtreme what game engine will you use for your game? why do you need the doax gravures, do you intend to make a doax remake or something?
The Engine is Unity 3D - I have configured the engine to be better and can beat PS3 Graphics - yes I plan to make an Open source Open Island game where any girl is accessible - like a much better doax game - when I say any girl I mean ANY Girl from any 3d Game.

The Gravures of Doa paradise are very high quality and thats about the only game other than sexy beach zero and the other doax games that have good animations for an Island game. Since you get full camera control and even more features such as real time bone manipulation during animations and so on and real time switching of girls.

to find out more read the official thread :

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=8865

I will give this idea about two weeks - if by then people show a lack of interest then I will keep the project private.
DOAX 3 - I repeat - Dead Or Alive Xtreme 3 Has been announced but we need your support to get it outside Asia - Please Sign this Petition: http://chn.ge/1Iwi1sC
BakameExcalibur
advanced

Post by BakameExcalibur »

Is there an updated .xpr import script for Blender available? I updated to the latest version (2.63), and now I get messages like the one posted whenever I try importing. :[
CDD Xtreme
beginner

Post by CDD Xtreme »

Everyone take a look at this thread - start offering to make this project more possible and completed faster :

THIS IS THE REAL DEAL. STOP WASTING YOUR TIME ON EXTRACTING AND THEN DOING SOME MINOR EDITS ONLY TO GET A PARTIALLY BETTER EXPERIENCE - GO ALL THE WAY!

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=8865&p=72637#p72637
zaykho
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by zaykho »

CDD Xtreme
I have exactly the same idea of you, BUT, why do you plan to use Unity ?

I mean, if you want to make a open source game, its more preferable to use WEBGL.

WEBGL can work on:

Smartphone, android, Ios, osx, windows, linux, psp, vita, ps3 etc.......

All system with a web browser will can play your game, even a stupid washing machine. :p

And with webgl, everybody can help without pay a unity version or learn c/c++, cause the Html/css/Js its a very easy language tool.

I'm ok to help you (im a webdesigner), but not with unity/flash or anything else......

here a small gift, for all DOA fans and especially for "mariokart64n":
CDD Xtreme
beginner

Post by CDD Xtreme »

zaykho wrote:
CDD Xtreme
I have exactly the same idea of you, BUT, why do you plan to use Unity ?

I mean, if you want to make a open source game, its more preferable to use WEBGL.

WEBGL can work on:

Smartphone, android, Ios, osx, windows, linux, psp, vita, ps3 etc.......

All system with a web browser will can play your game, even a stupid washing machine. :p

And with webgl, everybody can help without pay a unity version or learn c/c++, cause the Html/css/Js its a very easy language tool.

I'm ok to help you (im a webdesigner), but not with unity/flash or anything else......

here a small gift, for all DOA fans and especially for "mariokart64n":

Unity has the Ability to export to formats such as Flash, EXE, PS3, Xbox 360, Android, IOS, Mac and more in the hands of an Experienced Individual Unity can outmatch Crysis.
I already HAVE Proof of this because I already have a working demo in Unity and the Visuals and Performance are Incredible - I can have each girl at 20000 verts and run higher than 60 FPS. In case you need to know what this means - each doax2 girl is about 10000 verts.

I am glad you would like to make this game = I reccommend you give me your skype Immediately - If you have no Skype GET EM IMMEDIATELY because Skype has features we will need - I will PM you my Skype Details. BTW Nice Pictures!
synce
n00b

Post by synce »

any place to get blender 262? official link says get 262 but dls 263
Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Darko »

synce wrote:any place to get blender 262? official link says get 262 but dls 263
http://download.blender.org/release/Blender2.62/

See ya.
TRDaz
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by TRDaz »

Is there a Dead Or Alive Online emp extractor? For the models I mean, I know you can get the textures but I dont know how to get the models out of the emp files.
Albafika
ultra-n00b

Post by Albafika »

Darko wrote:
synce wrote:any place to get blender 262? official link says get 262 but dls 263
http://download.blender.org/release/Blender2.62/

See ya.
Sorry for being a nuisance, but I downloaded that version of Blender and the .XPR Import option won't appear. =/ Anything I could be doing wrong? (I'm certain I placed the "skeletons" and the "io_import_xpr.py" into the correct "plugins" folder, as I've added a few more scripts that work.)
BakameExcalibur
advanced

Post by BakameExcalibur »

Albafika wrote: Sorry for being a nuisance, but I downloaded that version of Blender and the .XPR Import option won't appear. =/ Anything I could be doing wrong? (I'm certain I placed the "skeletons" and the "io_import_xpr.py" into the correct "plugins" folder, as I've added a few more scripts that work.)
Go to User Preferences -> Addons -> Import/Export, and check XPR Import. Don't forget to save as your default settings if you want to keep it!