Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

PS3 emb/emo file

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
darksimonus
beginner

Re: PS3 emb/emo file

Post by darksimonus »

no in .emb
jangoclone
n00b

Post by jangoclone »

I Finally Run the Script, but the .smd file that generate it´s only 1 or 2 KB, can anyone help me with that?

(Hi, SF4 esplorer doesn't work in my PC, Can anyone tell me how do I use Emotosmd? thanks in advance...)
Albafika
ultra-n00b

Post by Albafika »

Wow.

Anywhere I can find a downlaod for the resource.cpk?

I need to rip these models for a project.
jangoclone
n00b

Post by jangoclone »

I Know this thread is old, and I'm sorry to revived, but I manage to convert almost all models from this Game, some models do not work in the convertion,that's OK most of them are no problem for me not to have them, but PLEASE ! ! can anyone send me the Dragon Shiryu First Cloth model in .SMD fotmat, I just need the model, not even the textures, I hope anyone can help me with this... Thanks in advance...
Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Darko »

jangoclone wrote:I Know this thread is old, and I'm sorry to revived, but I manage to convert almost all models from this Game, some models do not work in the convertion,that's OK most of them are no problem for me not to have them, but PLEASE ! ! can anyone send me the Dragon Shiryu First Cloth model in .SMD fotmat, I just need the model, not even the textures, I hope anyone can help me with this... Thanks in advance...
Did you manage to convert the missing parts?? (like eyes and some clothes parts)

I have the entire game files in miy hd drive, so It won't be problem for me to send you the files you need.
jangoclone
n00b

Post by jangoclone »

Did you manage to convert the missing parts?? (like eyes and some clothes parts)

I have the entire game files in miy hd drive, so It won't be problem for me to send you the files you need.
Sorry, but I don't have the missing parts either, It´s a shame, those parts I'm planning to complete them myself when I use the model, anyway I hope you can help me with de Shiryu Model...
Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Darko »

Well I'm sorry to bump into this thread again, but I want to explain how to get SS Shougeki textures in a proper way. This method can be used for some other games (aka X Blades for example) which use dds textures but they don't have a proper header and normally you extract them using zblib.

Programs we need:

Texture Finder
A hex editor (I'm using HxD).
Photoshop (or any image editor that supports dds format).
And Piecemontee's SFIV assets explorer.

My Skydrive with some tools if someone is lost:

https://skydrive.live.com/#cid=FFBE4E57 ... 49FCBE!177

So here we go:

Open SFIV Assets explorer, check the Bin endian option for console files version and then open the .emb you need. Extract the files inside as raw files.

Open texture finder and open any of the files you extracted. For saving you the time to play with all the options, SS Shougeki are DXT1, DXT3 or DXT5 dds textures and normally they use these resolutions:

In this case we can see that the texture has a width of 1024 pixels:

If we scroll down the texture we can see that the height is at least the double of it's width (until the mipmaps start).

So the full resolution is 1024x2048 pixels as DXT5 texture.

The next thing to do if you don't have any source file from where to copy a header is to open your image editor and create a 1024x2048 files in RGBA mode. Save it as dds file with DXT5 argb with interpolated alpha:

Now open your hex editor, open the dds you created and open the file extracted from the emb, then in your hex editor, copy from the first byte until you see the end of 0's and the info of the image starts.

The final step you just have to paste the selection you did at the beginning of the extracted file and save as dds.

The result:

Edit:

The textures must be uncompressed.

See ya.
raz
ultra-n00b

Post by raz »

Hey thanks! this had helped me quite abit. However I am having issues with EMB Extractor.pl getting "out of memory" when I try to extract the emb file.

While on Texture Finder I can only export bmp file (I can see bmp headers when I open in hex editor).

What did you use to extract the emp?
Darko wrote:Well I'm sorry to bump into this thread again, but I want to explain how to get SS Shougeki textures in a proper way. This method can be used for some other games (aka X Blades for example) which use dds textures but they don't have a proper header and normally you extract them using zblib.

Programs we need:

Texture Finder
A hex editor (I'm using HxD).
Photoshop (or any image editor that supports dds format).
And Piecemontee's SFIV assets explorer.

My Skydrive with some tools if someone is lost:

https://skydrive.live.com/#cid=FFBE4E57 ... 49FCBE!177

So here we go:

Open SFIV Assets explorer, check the Bin endian option for console files version and then open the .emb you need. Extract the files inside as raw files.

Open texture finder and open any of the files you extracted. For saving you the time to play with all the options, SS Shougeki are DXT1, DXT3 or DXT5 dds textures and normally they use these resolutions:

In this case we can see that the texture has a width of 1024 pixels:

If we scroll down the texture we can see that the height is at least the double of it's width (until the mipmaps start).

So the full resolution is 1024x2048 pixels as DXT5 texture.

The next thing to do if you don't have any source file from where to copy a header is to open your image editor and create a 1024x2048 files in RGBA mode. Save it as dds file with DXT5 argb with interpolated alpha:

Now open your hex editor, open the dds you created and open the file extracted from the emb, then in your hex editor, copy from the first byte until you see the end of 0's and the info of the image starts.

The final step you just have to paste the selection you did at the beginning of the extracted file and save as dds.

The result:

Edit:

The textures must be uncompressed.

See ya.
Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Darko »

I hope someone can look at this again:

This is an emo file converted with kensou's tool:

When I delete this part in the hex editor I can get the eyes displayed:

Eyes:

If someone want's to take a look, here is the sample:

http://www.mediafire.com/?9yc7rk9wb48tcm0

The emo is the file I edited and .bak is the original file.

See ya.
CriticalError
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by CriticalError »

well the topic is really intersting, so my question now is how correct colors and UNWRAP? because the objects when you export to OBJ are multiobjects, as you can see they have no only 1 mesh, meshes are divided in parts, I mean helmet, gloves, upbody,lowbody, boots, here you have a example and really textures to bad quality and colors are not same as original texture, because gold set don't look like that.

raykingnihong
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by raykingnihong »

CriticalError wrote:well the topic is really intersting, so my question now is how correct colors and UNWRAP? because the objects when you export to OBJ are multiobjects, as you can see they have no only 1 mesh, meshes are divided in parts, I mean helmet, gloves, upbody,lowbody, boots, here you have a example and really textures to bad quality and colors are not same as original texture, because gold set don't look like that.

Unfortunately, my face is this model cannot be complete and want God to develop an import tool. This is a classic animated story
PiscesCardinale
ultra-n00b

Post by PiscesCardinale »

Hello i'm looking for that pisces model too can someone help me?
(i need to model for xnalara)
Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Darko »

PiscesCardinale wrote:Hello i'm looking for that pisces model too can someone help me?
No one is interested in this game. Someone knows how to get the face and some missing model parts and hasn't answered my Pm's (even though I explained how to get textures before), so forget about this crap.
PiscesCardinale
ultra-n00b

Post by PiscesCardinale »

Darko wrote:
PiscesCardinale wrote:Hello i'm looking for that pisces model too can someone help me?
No one is interested in this game. Someone knows how to get the face and some missing model parts and hasn't answered my Pm's (even though I explained how to get textures before), so forget about this crap.
Lol how can someone NOT like Saint Seiya?? they don't deserve to be so neglected,i also posted that i need help but i'm being ignored but i won't give up because i see all sorts of asian game models but no Saint Seiya,i don't think it's imposible to rip a perfect posable character,just needs a little work if they stop being lazy.
tomy77
ultra-n00b

Post by tomy77 »

I know this thread is old, but do someone still got models to share?
I was looking into ikki v3.

thanks very much, im quite new at this and while i learn, i would appreciate if someone has the file so I can play around with it.