Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Final Fantasy XIII-2 extraction

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
SuperShadic2017
ultra-n00b

Re: Final Fantasy XIII-2 extraction

Post by SuperShadic2017 »

Newbie31 wrote:Probably a silly question, but how do you get to export to .trb with 3dsmax so you can veiw the revised model in noesis?
You can't unless you have a plugin for it. You'd have to find one or make one. But why would you want to just look at it in Noesis?
rexil
veteran

Post by rexil »

I got the DLC from the new costumes and the one from Noel is a little different.
It has 4 files
white_p0000020img_c.x360.bin
white_p0000020img_e.x360.bin
white_p0000020img_j.x360.bin
white_p0000020img_u.x360.bin
When extracted with chrrox script those files generate the exactly same .trb and .imgb.
Loading the model with Noesis it doesn't show or export the textures (the trb and imgb have the same name) It extract garbage textures.
it looks like this DLC is different from the others cause they work fine and don't have those _c, _e... files.
Anyway if someone wants to look into it here's the sample:
Last edited by rexil on Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
mariokart64n
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by mariokart64n »

yeah there funny they have like multiple IMGB's or something right....
Maxscript and other finished work I've done can be found on my DeviantArt account
messiahlad
ultra-n00b

Post by messiahlad »

rexil wrote:I got the DLC from the new costumes and the one from Noel is a little different.
It has 4 files
white_p0000020img_c.x360.bin
white_p0000020img_e.x360.bin
white_p0000020img_j.x360.bin
white_p0000020img_u.x360.bin
When extracted with chrrox script those files generate the exactly same .trb and .imgb.
Loading the model with Noesis it doesn't show or export the textures (the trb and imgb have the same name) It extract garbage textures.
it looks like this DLC is different from the others cause they work fine and don't have those _c, _e... files.
Anyway if someone wants to look into it here's the sample:
http://www6.zippyshare.com/v/84458643/file.html
mmm I assume E= pal, J= Japan, U= North America.... C= ? not sure. my PAL serah DLC contained white_p0000020img_e.x360.bin where as the NA copy extracted white_p0000020img_u.x360.bin.
Again Im only guessing but maybe its just multi regional.
If it's heavy, modded or scotch. I'm in!
chrrox

Post by chrrox »

the textures are not in this dlc the 2nd model loads the textures correct they just are not in the file. the uv maps are fine on the 2nd model. the textures might be located in a completely different area or use existing ones from another file.
SuperShadic2017
ultra-n00b

Post by SuperShadic2017 »

chrrox wrote:the textures are not in this dlc the 2nd model loads the textures correct they just are not in the file. the uv maps are fine on the 2nd model. the textures might be located in a completely different area or use existing ones from another file.
What about for the actual game? I can't seem to find any textures for anything.
rexil
veteran

Post by rexil »

chrrox wrote:the textures are not in this dlc the 2nd model loads the textures correct they just are not in the file. the uv maps are fine on the 2nd model. the textures might be located in a completely different area or use existing ones from another file.
I think that's the case, they must have placed the texture in the disc or another DLC...
Thanks for looking.
lionheartuk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by lionheartuk »

Hey guys

Great work on everything so far, I'm having a little trouble working out how to extract the data from the 'Zone folder' Doesn't appear to work the same way as in FF13.

Has anyone managed this at all?

EDIT: nevermind, seems to work now, Though is there a way to turn of animating of textures in Noesis?
Some files in FFXIII-2 when opened seem to switch between texture after texture constantly, I can pause it but there no way of turning of the setting altogether and scrolling through manually (that I can think of).

Any Ideas?
messiahlad
ultra-n00b

Post by messiahlad »

Hows your progress going Mario. I haven't seen any new tools released by any one as yet. reminds me of when street fighter 4 hit a wall for a while.
I've had limited success with modding the game. but no real texture modding as yet. Has any one else got a complete method of introducing texture/vertex mods to the game?
If it's heavy, modded or scotch. I'm in!
mariokart64n
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by mariokart64n »

only thing I can do is add XPR support to my script that would allow texture modding... as for rebuilding, it would take alot more time and work.
Maxscript and other finished work I've done can be found on my DeviantArt account
MiKE41
ultra-n00b

Post by MiKE41 »

I have been trying to do a similar thing with the texture modding. I don't know what a XPR is, but I did manage to unpack a imgb, modify 2 textures and rebuild it. It does not work as intended in game though :(

Normal IMGB (rendered by Noesis): http://mich431.com/serah/serah-normal.png
Modded IMGB (rendered by Noesis): http://mich431.com/serah/serah-mod.png
Modded IMGB (in game, far camera): http://mich431.com/serah/mod-2.png
Modded IMGB (in game, semi-close camera): http://mich431.com/serah/mod-1.png
Modded IMGB (in game, super close camera): http://mich431.com/serah/mod-3.png

If I move the camera close to Serah- then I can see the modified texture. However with the camera at normal following distance Serah returns to normal.

Tools used: Hex Workshop, a modified version of the GTA 4 Texture Editor (I used the ConvertToLinearTexture and ConvertFromLinearTexture functions), QuickBMS for extraction/injection (I made crappy python scripts for this too, but QuickBMS works so much better), Photoshop with the Nvidia Texture Tools addon.
mariokart64n
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by mariokart64n »

yeah thats the problem me and EcheloCross have... its how to handle the MIP maps...

MIPs is some greek word, but it basically stores smaller res images of a base image, used to lighten the processor load when rendering objects from a far..

of course what your seeing is your image and the original image's old MIP maps mixing.... anything close is the base image, anything far away is the MIPs ... which from what I see, suggests you did not re-write the MIPs only the base image :(

I made a concept mod when this all started

for the textures I used the xbox360 SDK, used there resource packaging tool to convert my image data into the xbox360 formatted data.. they use a tiling method on the textures to speedup texture reading across there GPU...

the problem is that all of us around this forum "do not yet have a solid legit tiling and untiling method" least none posted publically.. and this is pretty much the bane of 360 modding.

anyway I went the "cheating" route and used tools from the SDK, thats how I got my mod to work, by replacing the textures properly using the sdk tools. which properly generates the base image and its mips I needed for my FF13-2 mod
MiKE41
ultra-n00b

Post by MiKE41 »

Very nice, I figured it was something like this- I just didn't know what it was called. I tried looking for another texture in the imgb that the game would use from far away, but I didn't see anything.

I used the untile code from the GTA IV Texture Mod tool that I found on the main Xentax blog, it seemed to work fine- I just don't know anything about the mip maps.

I also found this untile code using google, but I didn't manage to get it working. http://www.binrand.com/post/783672-widt ... izzle.html

What is the tool you're using called?
mariokart64n
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by mariokart64n »

bundler

code posted is for decompression?
DXT?
MiKE41
ultra-n00b

Post by MiKE41 »

mariokart64n wrote:bundler

code posted is for decompression?
DXT?
I would guess its to un-tile an image and output it DXT, but I can't be sure (its not my code)

Edit: You were right before. I pulled my texture out of the imgb again and loaded it (before untiling) with "Load Mipmaps" turned on, and this is what I got: http://mich431.com/serah/mod-mipmaps.png
The only issue is now if I run it through my previous untiling method I get a mess of junk like this: http://mich431.com/serah/mod-untiled-mipmaps.png Edit2: Nevermind this. That's what happens when you tile an already tiled texture. I used the wrong function.

Time to see if I can untile it with mipmap data intact.

Edit3: This is where I end for the night :( http://mich431.com/serah/maps.png