Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

[Request] Guild Wars 2 DAT

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
BobSaget
beginner

Re: [Request] Guild Wars 2 DAT

Post by BobSaget »

I would assume that is Nimba but I think it was somewhat of a guessing game figuring out the exact link to get the exe to download. It might just be a different cookie.
salamando
ultra-n00b

Post by salamando »

When I try to grab the 101 client with the gw2initializer script, here's what I get:

Code: Select all

C:\beta>c:\Python32\python.exe gw2initializer.py 101
Downloading 'latest' for 101
b'<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR
/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">\r\n<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">\r
\n<head>\r\n<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859
-1"/>\r\n<title>502 - Web server received an invalid response while acting as a
gateway or proxy server.</title>\r\n<style type="text/css">\r\n<!--\r\nbody{marg
in:0;font-size:.7em;font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;background
:#EEEEEE;}\r\nfieldset{padding:0 15px 10px 15px;} \r\nh1{font-size:2.4em;margin:
0;color:#FFF;}\r\nh2{font-size:1.7em;margin:0;color:#CC0000;} \r\nh3{font-size:1
.2em;margin:10px 0 0 0;color:#000000;} \r\n#header{width:96%;margin:0 0 0 0;padd
ing:6px 2% 6px 2%;font-family:"trebuchet MS", Verdana, sans-serif;color:#FFF;\r\
nbackground-color:#555555;}\r\n#content{margin:0 0 0 2%;position:relative;}\r\n.
content-container{background:#FFF;width:96%;margin-top:8px;padding:10px;position
:relative;}\r\n-->\r\n</style>\r\n</head>\r\n<body>\r\n<div id="header"><h1>Serv
er Error</h1></div>\r\n<div id="content">\r\n <div class="content-container"><fi
eldset>\r\n  <h2>502 - Web server received an invalid response while acting as a
 gateway or proxy server.</h2>\r\n  <h3>There is a problem with the page you are
 looking for, and it cannot be displayed. When the Web server (while acting as a
 gateway or proxy) contacted the upstream content server, it received an invalid
 response from the content server.</h3>\r\n </fieldset></div>\r\n</div>\r\n</bod
y>\r\n</html>\r\n'
Downloading EXE for branch 101
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "gw2initializer.py", line 86, in <module>
    main()
  File "gw2initializer.py", line 83, in main
    downloadEXE(branch);
  File "gw2initializer.py", line 32, in downloadEXE
    url = "http://assetcdn."+str(branch)+".arenanetworks.com"+filePath+str(infoL
ist[1])
IndexError: list index out of range

C:\beta>

Anyone have any insight? Thank you!
BobSaget
beginner

Post by BobSaget »

You cannot grab the exe atm the cookie is no longer valid. The script in its current form doesnt work.
salamando
ultra-n00b

Post by salamando »

Damn. Thanks for the info.
Saw a screenshot of the new launcher so someone has to have the cookie. You the man, Bob.
BobSaget
beginner

Post by BobSaget »

I think there was a way to retrieve the new cookie when the old one was still active but I im not sure its possible now that the old one is invalid, obviously aside from the person who already has the new cookie. But this isnt my area of expertise so just speculating.
kthackeray
n00b

Post by kthackeray »

salamando wrote:When I try to grab the 101 client with the gw2initializer script, here's what I get:

Code: Select all

C:\beta>c:\Python32\python.exe gw2initializer.py 101
Downloading 'latest' for 101

502 - Web server received an invalid response while acting as a
gateway or proxy server.

Anyone have any insight? Thank you!
Notice the error...
BobSaget wrote:the cookie is no longer valid.
You wouldn't be able to see the error if the cookie was not valid.
They use IIS and Application Request Routing for most of their servers.
They just have to fix the routing error.
BobSaget
beginner

Post by BobSaget »

In his case it might of been a connection issue if he tries again he will probably get a different error, everyone else gets a 403 error, because the authentication/cookie is invalid.
salamando
ultra-n00b

Post by salamando »

I've traveled from the office back to the hotel a few times today and get the same error message at both places.
BobSaget
beginner

Post by BobSaget »

Thats wierd. Well I get the proper 403 error. If I had the right hash code I would be able to download from their servers.
kthackeray
n00b

Post by kthackeray »

You must be authenticating incorrectly then. There is nothing wrong with the cookie.
BobSaget
beginner

Post by BobSaget »

There is a reason the beta client, or the dev client, or the demo or the stage demo clients are no longer able to connect and crash instantly. Because access is denied to the servers. Are you able to launch the client and it updates? I dont think so. The servers are still there just the no access to them, and the only thing that determines access is the cookie.
Last edited by BobSaget on Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bobone123
ultra-n00b

Post by bobone123 »

How are you suppose to execute the script?
when i double click it (python is installed), it opens a black window then close automaticly.
kthackeray
n00b

Post by kthackeray »

BobSaget wrote:There is a reason the beta client, or the dev client, or the demo or the stage demo clients are no longer able to connect and crash instantly. Because access is denied to the servers. Are you able to launch the client and it updates? I dont think so.
The reason for that being that the server is experiencing a routing issue, not because the client can't auth.
BobSaget
beginner

Post by BobSaget »

No, the new BWE Client connects perfectly fine and updates perfectly. There are no routing issues there is a reason you are going to have to download a new client for the beta weekend event.
bobone123
ultra-n00b

Post by bobone123 »

BobSaget, can you explain how you did it then?
I have a very very slow internet connection (by satellite) and won't be able to download in time for the beta event (if I wait for the official release of the client).