Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

New Rules, some questions

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Rimbros
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

New Rules, some questions

Post by Rimbros »

Well i think its the end of the way for lots of Users, i shure not lot of people like enter only to talk, u know the file sharing its a strogn part of the forum, search solution for unpack sound, textures, models, engines etc its the hobie of lots of users, the work of the coders its help to the hunters of new and old games to find solution, the work of the noobs its search new game files and give to coders to unpack, disapointed the 99% of the games are copyrighted, then can somebody post a list of non copyrighted games?

Nes Emulators maybe?

I use this post i made here in Xentax to give thanks to all the greath People like Mr. Mouse (at least i understand your position, more afther i see MEGAUPLOAD ITS KICKED BY THE FBI,) Zskaradek, chroxxx, finale, critical herror, fatduck, mariokart etc etc, thanks to all boys and keep in the line. from your friend Rimbros. :D
Last edited by Rimbros on Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Renders Art by Rimbros
http://s303.photobucket.com/albums/nn12 ... E/Renders/

Personal Game repository samples, send PM
Privateer
veteran

Re: New Rules, some questions

Post by Privateer »

Rimbros wrote:Well i think its the end of the way for lots of Users, i shure not lot of people like enter only to talk, u know the file sharing its a strogn part of the forum, search solution for unpack sound, textures, models, engines etc its the hobie of lots of users, the work of the coders its help to the hunters of new and old games to find solution, the work of the noobs its search new game files and give to coders to unpack, disapointed the 99% of the games are copyrighted, then can somebody post a list of non copyrighted games?

Nes Emulators maybe?

I use this last post i made here in Xentax to give thanks to all the greath People like Mr. Mouse (at least i understand your position, more afther i see MEGAUPLOAD ITS KICKED BY THE FBI,) Zskaradek, chroxxx, finale, critical herror, fatduck, mariokart etc etc, thanks to all boys and keep in the line. from your friend Rimbros. :D
I think you see things all wrong Mate.
I find that if one can only work by posting open links to protected files in an open forum they are lazy!
I don't care if some of my friends use drugs and visit me from time to time, but I don't want them selling those drugs from my house!!
That's what your doing with open links to files here!
You may not get heat but this forum will.
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day.
Try to teach a man to fish and he'll gripe at you for not just giving him the Damn Fish!
finale00
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Post by finale00 »

This is how I see the rules

1: samples? --> go to another forum that will provide them. Better they get shut down right? lol
2: discussion --> come here

How about I just go to P*C for samples.
Rimbros
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Rimbros »

finale00 wrote:This is how I see the rules

1: samples? --> go to another forum that will provide them. Better they get shut down right? lol
2: discussion --> come here

How about I just go to P*C for samples.
Well, if i am interezted in post files to somebody genius like finale or other guy can help to decrypt, i need post the files in other forum and then post the link to other forum here?, this not violate the rules too?.

If u tell me i can send PM, then i need send PM to all the people of the forum to see if somebody can help?.
Renders Art by Rimbros

finale00
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Post by finale00 »

That's still reference to copyright material.

xentax --> link = banned
xentax --> 3rd party --> link = banned

As all things go, people will gravitate towards a particular community eventually if they know samples can be found there.
Kind of like how filehosts are all disabling their file-sharing functionality almost everyday and people just keep looking for new file-hosts.

I will be on P*C for samples.
Rimbros
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Rimbros »

Another think its, post copyrighted material of games its violation, but talk and expend guides abouth how open and decrypt and keep out protected material (packed files) u think FBI dont see this wrong too, then without guides, files, links, where its the party.
Renders Art by Rimbros

finale00
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Post by finale00 »

Yes, so why are you complaining about the rules if you feel they are not strict enough?
Rimbros
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Rimbros »

finale00 wrote:Yes, so why are you complaining about the rules if you feel they are not strict enough?
Na, i think need be more stricted, because one of the ways u see not go to = banned. :D
Renders Art by Rimbros

finale00
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Post by finale00 »

No you're basically suggesting "let us post samples, or no reverse engineering at all"
Copyright laws are clear; reverse engineering on the other hand are probably still in the grey zone.
Ninja
veteran

Post by Ninja »

Reverse engineering anything on your own, for whatever purpose, is perfectly legal, when you share the methods and tools for reverse engineering you are breaking copyright laws in most western countries.
Basically anything you do that costs or prevents sales of/in related material is a violation of copyright. Even making a script that decodes a file format breaches copyright law since you are preventing the designer of the format from making their own tools and selling them.

We all know what this hobby is and the risks involved and most know what's going to happen to this forum, all we're saying is that it will in all probability die without easily accessible sample files.
Rimbros
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Rimbros »

Ninja wrote:Reverse engineering anything on your own, for whatever purpose, is perfectly legal, when you share the methods and tools for reverse engineering you are breaking copyright laws in most western countries.
Basically anything you do that costs or prevents sales of/in related material is a violation of copyright. Even making a script that decodes a file format breaches copyright law since you are preventing the designer of the format from making their own tools and selling them.

We all know what this hobby is and the risks involved and most know what's going to happen to this forum, all we're saying is that it will in all probability die without easily accessible sample files.
You get the point :wink: , i cant tell to Mr. Adult, He Mr. Adults download Final Fantasy XIV (22gb game size) or He Mr. Adults download Tera (25gb game size) to see something file format, also i cant tell he, He Mr. Adults y put the links of samples in other forums download from there. (competence of xentax forums), i love Xentax its like my home since years ago, i donate by MultiHex comander only to help but i never use them, and i can donate every time the forum need this help coz this its my home, i understand the position of Mr. Mouse its a riks play with copyrighted material, the think i tell its we need another way to send the sample files to the comunity.
Renders Art by Rimbros

finale00
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Post by finale00 »

How about fatduck's site.

.........................lol
Demonsangel
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Demonsangel »

I have only touched games which I own and mostly because I was just curious about the format.

Judging by all these prophecies concerning Xentax's doom, I must be the only one who left his crystal ball in the dishwasher.
If shit happens, shit happens. Lets just roll with it.
On the bright side, you will have plenty of time to RE the pseudo-English posts in this forum.
Rimbros
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Rimbros »

finale00 wrote:How about fatduck's site.

.........................lol
Jajajaja, maybe but, 任何人能帮助我用这种格式?
Renders Art by Rimbros

MrAdults

Post by MrAdults »

Ninja wrote:Even making a script that decodes a file format breaches copyright law
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bleem!#Sony_lawsuit