Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

character extract from a ps3 game or xbox 360 game

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Justdragos
advanced

character extract from a ps3 game or xbox 360 game

Post by Justdragos »

Hello everybody! I want tomorrow to buy a game (dragon ball z raging blast 2) and then try to extract the caracters from the game and import them in ,,esf" ( a mod for half life, dragon ball mod, really cool). I know how to rig the models and import in the esf (earth special forces), but i don't know from which verson is easier to extract the caracters. Is it easier to extract them from the ps3 version or the xbox 360 version?
finale00
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Re: character extract from a ps3 game or xbox 360 game

Post by finale00 »

I would assume 360 cause everyone seems to be ripping 360 games all over the place.
Justdragos
advanced

Post by Justdragos »

finale00 wrote:I would assume 360 cause everyone seems to be ripping 360 games all over the place.
But between a ps2 game and a xbox 360 game ?
Last edited by Justdragos on Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
finale00
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Post by finale00 »

I would still assume 360 because PS2 seems to have all sorts of hardware-related optimizations embedded in the format.
Compared to other platforms, PS1 and PS2 seem to have the least amount of importers I think.
Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Darko »

Justdragos wrote:Hello everybody! I want tomorrow to buy a game (dragon ball z raging blast 2) and then try to extract the caracters from the game and import them in ,,esf" ( a mod for half life, dragon ball mod, really cool). I know how to rig the models and import in the esf (earth special forces), but i don't know from which verson is easier to extract the caracters. Is it easier to extract them from the ps3 version or the xbox 360 version?
I used 360 version for the first ragging blast with revelation's plugin for noesis. So that's your answer.

See ya
finale00
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Post by finale00 »

how much does noesis with that plugin cost
Not much...
Justdragos
advanced

Post by Justdragos »

Darko could you send me a pm with a link tot the noesis webiste, i googled it and i found a 100 of noesis sites, and i don't know which one is the original webiste.... . By the way could you send ma a pm with a link to download 1 of your extracted models from raging blast? Why did the admin (or somebody else) delete my last post, did i sad something i shouldn't sad ?
Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Darko »

Justdragos
advanced

Post by Justdragos »

Darko wrote:Check this pls:

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=4582
Thank you very very much for the link:D, but i can't find the plugin you were taking about (revelation plugin):(.
dj082502
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by dj082502 »

Justdragos wrote:
Darko wrote:Check this pls:

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=4582
Thank you very very much for the link:D, but i can't find the plugin you were taking about (revelation plugin):(.
Here it is
Noesis plugin for Dragon Ball Raging Blast
viewtopic.php?p=61407#p61407
Justdragos
advanced

Post by Justdragos »

Omg i am so ...., now i see that i acctualy have raging blast 2. Does noesis with that plugin work for raging blast 2 to?Because i saw some cooool models in the ragong blast 2 that are not in the raging blast 1. By the way the cd image of the raging blast 2 game has 7,6 gb, but when i open it all i find in it is this http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/8905 ... blast2.jpg (87 mb). Is that normal. Tomorow i will take from a friend the raging blast 1 and try to export the models, i'm so excited :D. Thank you everybody for help, i hope tomorow i will be able to extract the models from raging blast 1, i want the most to extract ssj3 brolly, my favorite character :).
Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Darko »

Justdragos wrote:Omg i am so ...., now i see that i acctualy have raging blast 2. Does noesis with that plugin work for raging blast 2 to?Because i saw some cooool models in the ragong blast 2 that are not in the raging blast 1. By the way the cd image of the raging blast 2 game has 7,6 gb, but when i open it all i find in it is this http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/8905 ... blast2.jpg (87 mb). Is that normal. Tomorow i will take from a friend the raging blast 1 and try to export the models, i'm so excited :D. Thank you everybody for help, i hope tomorow i will be able to extract the models from raging blast 1, i want the most to extract ssj3 brolly, my favorite character :).
Use noesis to extract the content of the game or look for xboxbackupcreator. The data is encrypted so unless you have the correct browser and extractor you won't be able to extract the files.
Justdragos
advanced

Post by Justdragos »

I did extracted everything from the game arhive, here is a picture http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/6838/dragonballb.jpg . As you can see all i extracted from the game are these .afs file. i though the 3d modles shoud be in the ,,st_pac_game_at_pt_x360.afs" because is the bigest file, so i use noesis to extract everything that was in that file. But now what program do i have to use to open the extracted files from the .afs file ?
Last edited by Justdragos on Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Justdragos
advanced

Post by Justdragos »

Sorry for double post, my computer went crazy....
dj082502
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by dj082502 »

Justdragos wrote:I did extracted everything from the game arhive, here is a picture http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/6838/dragonballb.jpg . As you can see all i extracted from the game are these .afs file. i though the 3d modles shoud be in the ,,st_pac_game_at_pt_x360.afs" because is the bigest file, so i use noesis to extract everything that was in that file. But now what program do i have to use to open the extracted files from the .afs file ?
change file name extension *.asf to *.afsd, open with Noesis
here's a afsd plugin for Noesis.
download/file.php?id=4811