Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Spotlight: Señor Casaroja's Noesis

General game file tools that are useful for more than one game
fantaseb
Banned

Re: Señor Casaroja's Noesis

Post by fantaseb »

Well I should really put some update of what I have managed, and I have done: Check this .txt file, I can open ever Red Dead Redemption file, and I can mod everything inside, I have got really far, and I wont release this program.

http://www.mediafire.com/?57zg51ng9fk95g6
Demonsangel
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Demonsangel »

fantaseb wrote:Well I should really put some update of what I have managed, and I have done: Check this .txt file, I can open ever Red Dead Redemption file, and I can mod everything inside, I have got really far, and I wont release this program.

So basically you came here for help and when you finally managed something you're giving everyone the middlefinger while trying to boost your E-peen?
finale00
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Post by finale00 »

Of course, we're not going to bother helping him, why should he bother helping us?
We should be the ones that take the initiative to give him what he wants instead of him figuring out how to do it himself and making a contribution. If anything, his effort should be rewarded with money if we would like to use it.
fantaseb wrote:Well I should really put some update of what I have managed, and I have done: Check this .txt file, I can open ever Red Dead Redemption file, and I can mod everything inside, I have got really far, and I wont release this program.

Good job. See, instead of requesting someone to do something for you, it's much easier to just do it yourself!
Any nice screenshots of your work?
Last edited by finale00 on Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
chrrox

Post by chrrox »

red dead redemption files can be opened with noesis someone already reversed it.
the header is encrypted with aes key that i can post if needed and the rest of the file is zlib.
so he has done nothing special.
Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Darko »

mmm... I was trying to unpack a data.cpk from Naruto shippuden ultimate storm generations with noesis and suddenly crashed.

It only extracted a few files.
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

Good for you. Banned.
Farlavor
beginner

Post by Farlavor »

Do you think that Noesis will support Invizimal model files?
and even Toriko Gourmet Survival model files?

I say that, becuz since some months. I extracted some model files from these games.

the Invizimal files seems compressed into PMF files, I tried wathever I could to preview them, but Noesis didn't read them succesfully. :cry:

and about Toriko Gourmet Survival,
I found out that the files are compressed into PAC Files... I tried somehow to read pac files with files that somehow supports this format, but the problem is that somehow those files appears to be compressed in a different method or maybe those were encrypted. :?

I tested 2 files that belongs to Terry Cloth model (I dunno the difference between them, but probably are a high poly and low poly model, I dunno exactly, but let's hope if I finally get the chance to extract them.) 8)

thanks for your attention.
finale00
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Post by finale00 »

If you want something supported upload samples in the relevant forum and maybe someone will look into it.
dj082502
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by dj082502 »

Farlavor wrote: the Invizimal files seems compressed into PMF files, I tried wathever I could to preview them, but Noesis didn't read them succesfully. :cry:
MPK[PGD header] data is encrypted. JPCSP that can decrypted.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2905&view=next
MrAdults

Post by MrAdults »

finale00 wrote:1: I just read an article on bitmaps, pixel formats, and indexed palettes and feel enlightened, but how do I actually work with palettes in noesis? I see functions related to getting and applying palettes, but not sure how to use them in practice. I imagine one would have to parse a palette file to actually get the colors?

2: Also for mipmaps, while it probably isn't useful to import the smaller versions, is there a way to put all of the images together in one big image? Like the examples on wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mipmap

Then I can verify that the value I'm looking at it actually the mipmap count without having to scroll through the textures (which I just noticed you've implemented the scrolling feature lol)

3: it seems like RGB24 bitmaps might be compressed using RLE. Is there a way to quickly check if that's the case?

4: Bug report: Whenever noesis crashes it generates dozens of crash reports and automatically sends them.
1. Well, totally depends on what you want to do. Hopefully the descriptions of those methods in __NPReadMe.txt are straightforward enough. You'd have to give me a specific example of what you want to do if you want example usage from me though. And don't forget to look at the Quake 2 WAL script. It shows you how to apply a palette and get RGBA32 data back as well as how to apply a palette to RGBA32 and get back an array of idx8 in byte form.

2. Yes, but sadly it's not exposed to Python at the moment, it's only in native plugin land. (you can see its usage there in the Quake 2 MD2 plugin)

3. Based on what wikipedia says, only OS/2 bitmaps can support RLE at 24bpp, and Noesis doesn't support those. Otherwise, as for how to check for it, you'd have to consult with a real BMP spec.

4. Never had that happen before, it sounds like an exception in the exception handler or a thread that's throwing exceptions rapidly. It seems unlikely that it's actually sending them all though. I'll safeguard against it either way.
Demonsangel wrote:UV and Triangles get drawn correctly but no lightmap shows up, nor the option to view LMUV like I can for UV.
Edit: Is there a way to add Lightmap UV without using rapi.imm ?
If you can't view LMUV in the data viewer, that means the lightmap material wasn't set, or there are no LM UV coordinates, which means for whatever reason they weren't fed in correctly. To feed LMUV's without imm mode, you can use rpgBindUV2Buffer.
Demonsangel
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Demonsangel »

They both get the same UV buffer:
rapi.immUV2s(vertBuff,16+idx*64)
rapi.immLMUV2s(vertBuff,16+idx*64)

Noesis shows that the Lightmaps are set but I did notice that every Lightmap index == 0
I first appended all my normal materials to my matlist and then all my lightmap materials. Is that the problem?
Because as far as I can tell each mesh that needs a lightmap has one "set" and the material is in the matlist and it has the correct texture name.

Do I need a different matList than the one for the normal materials?
MrAdults

Post by MrAdults »

The string you provide in rpgSetLightmap has to match the material's name string. Then the material's diffuse name string has to match the texture's name string...unless you're not providing textures. In which case I guess that would explain all of this. Noesis doesn't auto-load external lightmap textures as it does for diffuse maps. Didn't even think to mention that. If that's your issue after all, there's always the option of using tex = rapi.loadTexByHandler(yourImageFileLoadedAsBytes, ".the_probably_3_letter_extension_string_for_the_loader_you_want") to load the texture yourself. Then you put tex into a texList that you provide along with the material list when you create the material/texture container and attach it to the model. (whee)
Demonsangel
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Demonsangel »

I had to load the textures manually, yes. That fixed it.
Edit: though I still can't view LMUV.
MrAdults

Post by MrAdults »

Then, what do you see in place of this?
Demonsangel
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Demonsangel »

It didn't appear untill I closed the data viewer and reopened it.
But now it's there.