Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Star Wars - The Old Republic - Beta

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
strikehawk
ultra-n00b

Re: Star Wars - The Old Republic - Beta

Post by strikehawk »

For those interested, here's a C# class to read the .stb files. Many thanks to flipkick and SWTOR Fan for their research work :)
StbReader.zip
This class is a port from flipkick's Ruby script with a few corrections.
Major point is a fix in the way of getting the Id of the strings. There's no notion of type or anything, just read the first 8 bytes to get the Id.

I was able to correlate the Ids from the .stb with the ones found in field 4611686102842470023 of the items. I first add troubles to have NodeViewer parse the .tor files. Looks like there was a change in the Hasher. I reused the source code from the hasher of EasyMyp (can be found on Google Code) and fixed hero.dll.
And now NodeViewer works great. I'll upload my fixed version of the hero.dll source code in the next post, should any one need it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
strikehawk
ultra-n00b

Post by strikehawk »

And here's the new source code for Hero.dll (I only modified the Hasher).
Hero.zip
All credits go to the guys working on EasyMyp :)

I discovered the Wiki tonight, with the list of fields. Amazing :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
stalja
beginner

Post by stalja »

SWTOR fan wrote: @flipkick, stalja: You are really making your lives hard. With the old client.gom file, you will be able to get the names and descriptions for all the fields whose meaning you are guessing.
In case you do not know how to read the client.gom file, I uploaded all the ids, names and descriptions into the wiki: click. :)
In the meantime I reread the thread and started using the old version client.gom to get the names. I wonder why they chose to remove the names from the nodes and where do they keep them now? I thank you for the client.gom version you uploaded because I am not sure how old is the one I have.

The upside to all this. I have learning to and actually doing some programming in C# for the past 7 days.

The downside of all this - I have been programming in C# for the past 7 days.
Crixus
ultra-n00b

Post by Crixus »

Ive gotten EasyMYP working and can view the .tor files...I have also followed the instructions for getting the known file names to show...

I'm looking to do a very specific thing...I would like to replace the Consular project animation with just about any other instant animation, like a saber throw or Shock. I understand this would be client only and would only show on my client, if at all. I was hoping I could locate the project animation in the archive, and a replacement, like saber throw or shock, then copy, rename and replace project with saber throw or just about anything else...

Any ideas on how to do this or if this is even feasible? I would be very appreciative for any help.

Thanks

EDIT: I thought I found the archive where the project animation is kept... swtor_main_anim_humanoid_bmns_1.tor

In that archive there are the animation files: fp_force_project_01.jba and fp_force_project_02.jba

There are also a number of other fp entries (guessing fp = force powers). So I tried extracting a single file, fp_2h_elect_instant_right_1.jba, which I am guessing is the Shock animation. I also tried extracting the fp_force_push_1.jba file. Both files extracted, in an uncompressed format. Then I tried to simply replace the fp_force_project_01.jba with either one of them using the "Replace selected..." option. Then new stats on the fp_force_project_01.jba file showed that it had indeed been changed, based on size, but was uncompressed.

When I tried to run the game, several of the models were missing, but when I used the project skill, the animation was unchanged...So I must be in the wrong place...I will keep looking.
zoktar
ultra-n00b

Post by zoktar »

Sorry if this is a noobish question, but is it currently possible to replace certain sound effects with empty ones?, im looking to mute all the user interface sound effects, they are driving me nuts.
SWTOR fan
veteran

Post by SWTOR fan »

Crixus wrote:I'm looking to do a very specific thing...I would like to replace the Consular project animation with just about any other instant animation, like a saber throw or Shock. I understand this would be client only and would only show on my client, if at all. I was hoping I could locate the project animation in the archive, and a replacement, like saber throw or shock, then copy, rename and replace project with saber throw or just about anything else...

Any ideas on how to do this or if this is even feasible? I would be very appreciative for any help.
I stand by my opinion that I do not recommend changing the game files as this can get you banned if you play on the official servers. However, from what I heard it looks like the game does not check whether the game archives are changed, so it is rather safe to do it at the moment.
The safest way to replace a file is to edit the .tor archives directly with a hex reader. If you never used a hex reader or do not know about the format of game archives, this will be difficult, and I will not help with things like that which run contrary to the intentions of the developers.
zoktar wrote:Sorry if this is a noobish question, but is it currently possible to replace certain sound effects with empty ones?, im looking to mute all the user interface sound effects, they are driving me nuts.
I believe in your case it will be easier to just go to the game menu and deactivate the sound effects. Especially, since this is not against the game rules and much easier than trying to modify the game files.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am happy to announce that I have solved the biggest remaining mystery in file names! :)
I have confirmed that the AMX files (beginning with 41 4D 58 20), which are something like an index of the .jba animations, actually do have the extension .amx. Most .amx files occur in pairs with .mph files, and the AMX files have the same path like the MPH files but have ".mph.amx" at the end of the path.
This means that I immediately was able to find out many more new file names!

In addition to that, I finally sat down to add the new file names from the 1.2 update.
In total, I have discovered nearly 15,000 new files! Unfortunately, the 1.2 update has added 10,000 new files so the discovery is not as big as I had hoped and there are still 30,000 files remaining.
Current progress is at: 92.26% (366,835 of 397,605 file names known)
the1domo
ultra-n00b

Post by the1domo »

http://emulatornexus.com/swtor/Swtor_items.zip
http://emulatornexus.com/swtor/Swtor_Quest.zip

tool v0.2

and new generated output

Code: Select all

------------------------------------------------------------
Quest Name: Quality Assurance
Quest NodeId: 16141134660316643495
Quest Id: 149412
Item INFO
    +IsBonus: False
    +BonusShareable: False
    +Branches: System.Collections.Generic.List`1[GomLib.Models.QuestBranch]
    +CanAbandon: True
    +Category: NarShaddaa
    +CategoryId: 2466269005611273
    +Classes: System.Collections.Generic.List`1[GomLib.Models.ClassSpec]
    +Difficulty: Normal
    +Fqn: qst.location.nar_shaddaa.bronze.imperial.qualityassurance
    +Icon: cdx.locations.nar_shaddaa.network_access
    +IsClassQuest: False
    +IsHidden: False
    +IsRepeatable: False
    +Items: 
    +RequiredLevel: 17
    +XpLevel: 23

Quest Name: Crackdown at Club Ufora
Quest NodeId: 16141164521999183495
Quest Id: 168843
Item INFO
    +IsBonus: True
    +CanAbandon: False
    +Category: NarShaddaa
    +CategoryId: 2466269005611273
    +Difficulty: Normal
    +Fqn: qst.location.nar_shaddaa.bonus.single.crackdownatclubulfora
    +Icon: cdx.locations.nar_shaddaa.red_light_sector
    +Items: 
    +RequiredLevel: 0
    +XpLevel: 21

Quest Name: Honor and Offense
Quest NodeId: 16140965438769962996
Quest Id: 170133
Item INFO
    +CanAbandon: True
    +Category: Companion
    +CategoryId: 2466269005611288
    +Difficulty: NoExp
    +Fqn: qst.companion.republic.jedi_wizard.qyzen_fess.conversations.personalunhappy
    +Icon: cdx.persons.consular.qyzen_fess
    +Items: 
    +RequiredLevel: 0
    +XpLevel: 0

Quest Name: Grathan Assault
Quest NodeId: 16140975433343939496
Quest Id: 456955
Item INFO
    +CanAbandon: False
    +Category: DromundKaas
    +CategoryId: 2466269005611278
    +Difficulty: VeryHard
    +Fqn: qst.location.dromund_kaas.bonus.staged.grathan_assault_reward
    +Icon: cdx.location.dromund_kaas.grathan_estate
    +Items: 
    +RequiredLevel: 1
    +XpLevel: 13
SWTOR fan
veteran

Post by SWTOR fan »

I was getting desperate in trying to find a connection between various file names and took a look at the global.dep file. At a size of 3.70 MB, I was hoping that it may contain some information on the audio files or something, but no such luck. :(
Anyway, now that I put in the effort to analyze the file, I will just go ahead and publish the file format specification in case anyone is interested in it.

global.dep file format specification
The global.dep file can be found in the archive swtor_main_global_1.tor and has the path /resources/global.dep.
It contains a list of all the .mph, .gr2, .mat and .tex files along with the files that are referenced by these files. The files are ordered alphabetically.
.mph files reference .jba files, .gr2 files reference .mat files, .mat files reference .dds files, and .tex files reference .tiny.dds files.
All of these references can be found in the individual .mph, .gr2 and .tex files as well. I am assuming that the global.dep file is used by the game to create a list of all files that need to be preloaded when entering the world. However, the global.dep file does not have to be read in order to parse the other files.

Note that the order of the primary and secondary hashes, as well as the order of the individual bytes in the hash fields may be reversed, depending on how you store the file hashes.
If you try to read a hash and it does not match up to a file name, try reverting the fields until you get a match.
global.dep specification wrote: uint32: always 01 00 00 00 → possibly version number (1.0)
uint32: unknown, related to length
uint32: number of entries (as of patch 1.2.1, there are 79,730 entries)
uint32: unknown, related to length
uint32: number of entries, identical to first number of entries

LOOP (for each entry) {
--- 4 bytes: secondary hash of main file
--- 4 bytes: primary hash of main file
--- uint16: number of dependencies
--- LOOP (for each dependency) {
--- --- 4 bytes: secondary hash of dependent file
--- --- 4 bytes: primary hash of dependent file
--- } END LOOP
} END LOOP
And here's a screenshot of how the global.dep file will look like once parsed:

Edit: Minor error corrected.
Last edited by SWTOR fan on Wed May 02, 2012 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
SWTOR fan
veteran

Post by SWTOR fan »

I found out a few more file names; the current status is at:
96.058% (381,942 out of 397,616 file names found, with 15,674 file names missing) :)

Unfortunately, I lost track of which new files were added, so I will just publish the whole hashes_filename.txt file for use with EasyMYP.
I have added some remaining files from the 1.2 patch, as well as many animations files and .wem audio files.

Download here: filenames-found9.zip (10.50 MB)

@Mods: I believe that file names do not violate the new site rules; if you see this differently, feel free to delete my post and I will not publish file names again.
OroMatoko
ultra-n00b

Post by OroMatoko »

SWTOR fan wrote:I found out a few more file names; the current status is at:
96.058% (381,942 out of 397,616 file names found, with 15,674 file names missing) :)

Unfortunately, I lost track of which new files were added, so I will just publish the whole hashes_filename.txt file for use with EasyMYP.
I have added some remaining files from the 1.2 patch, as well as many animations files and .wem audio files.

Download here: filenames-found9.zip (10.50 MB)

@Mods: I believe that file names do not violate the new site rules; if you see this differently, feel free to delete my post and I will not publish file names again.
Didn't seem to add any new names to my MYP list when I did full test? =(
stalja
beginner

Post by stalja »

There is something new happening with the filename hashes. Maybe they changed the path of some of the icons or something, but I can;t figure out what is happening and I am hoping some of you guys can. The following icon

/resources/gfx/icons/ipp.class.inq.pvp.hdps1.t9x1.chest.dds

has hashes 48E4D523 and 222B5055 but there are no files with those hashes. I am certain that "ipp.class.inq.pvp.hdps1.t9x1.chest.dds" is correct because there is a file "ipp.class.inq.pvp.hdps1.t9x1.head.dds" . I am almost 100% certain that the file A0484D2A_089F94465C168011.dds is the one I am looking for.

Have they changed the path to icons perhaps? Has anyone else noticed this?
SWTOR fan
veteran

Post by SWTOR fan »

OroMatoko wrote:Didn't seem to add any new names to my MYP list when I did full test? =(
Not really sure what you did but the list I uploaded is correct.
You could test the archives swtor_main_bnk_streamed_*_1.tor since I added the remaining file names from these archives. If there are any unnamed files in there, you are doing something wrong.
However, since this is the full file name list, I recommend deleting your old EasyMYP folder and creating a new one with my hash list; there's no need to keep the old list.
stalja wrote:The following icon

has hashes 48E4D523 and 222B5055 but there are no files with those hashes.
There must be something wrong with your hashes because I get the hashes 089F9446 and 5C168011 for that file name, which correctly translate to the icon you mentioned.
Anyway, thanks for the new file name, I added it to my list and will include it in my next hash list release, along with some other t9x1 icons.
stalja
beginner

Post by stalja »

SWTOR fan wrote:
stalja wrote:The following icon

has hashes 48E4D523 and 222B5055 but there are no files with those hashes.
There must be something wrong with your hashes because I get the hashes 089F9446 and 5C168011 for that file name, which correctly translate to the icon you mentioned.
Anyway, thanks for the new file name, I added it to my list and will include it in my next hash list release, along with some other t9x1 icons.
Thanks SWTOR Fan for your help. I was using the wrong hasher function. To contribute here's a list of all item icon names.
SWTOR fan
veteran

Post by SWTOR fan »

Thanks for the icon file names, stalja!
Unfortunately, they added only 25 file names to my list (I had already included the t9x1 to t9x3 icons before), but given that I did a mass-download of all SW:TOR database sites and parsed all the prototype nodes, it's not surprising that it did not find much more. At least we now have all 1.2 icons complete. :)

There are still more than one thousand icons missing and I am assuming that they are from the beta or something and are no longer used, so it will be extremely difficult to get the remaining icon file names, if we can get them at all.

My main concern right now is to get the animation file names (.jba, .mph, .amx) since there is room for some 8,000 new file names in those archives. Everything else will just be filling in the blanks.
Ferugre
ultra-n00b

Post by Ferugre »

SWTOR fan,

How do you go about finding the new filenames?

Thanks for all of the work!