Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Final Fantasy XIII-2 extraction

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
mariokart64n
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Re: Final Fantasy XIII-2 extraction

Post by mariokart64n »

Newbie31 wrote:heyo, its me again.

I need some more help, I am most familiar with modding Oblivion which uses "".nif, I rarely export(I use 3dsmax) to anything other than .nif or .b3d so I know nothing about collada".dae" and wavefrontobject".obj". Do they export mapping channels and UVWmaps, because when I export from noesis to either and than import into 3dsmax it comes up with "can't find texture paths" so I open the material editor and manually attach the right textures to the right part of the mesh but it doesn't unwrap and align the texture properly.

Could someone offer some advice about what I'm doing wrong?
Porting models from noesis violates the terms stated in the noesis readme. And also your problem is not related to FF13-2 in the slightest.
Maxscript and other finished work I've done can be found on my DeviantArt account
Newbie31
ultra-n00b

Post by Newbie31 »

sorry, I saw the diffirent outfit mods and thought how awesome it would be to be able to have similar ones. I assumed that they were done with noesis. Thanks anyway.
S0UZ
advanced

Post by S0UZ »

Why this script does not work on Ps3 version?

Code: Select all

get NAME BASENAME
log MEMORY_FILE 0 0
put NAME string MEMORY_FILE
get size asize MEMORY_FILE
math size - 4
goto size MEMORY_FILE
getdstring EXT2 4 MEMORY_FILE
if EXT2 == "360"
set EXT "x360"
else
set EXT ps3
endif

comtype unzip_dynamic
for
findloc START string \x78\xDA
goto START
findloc END string \x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00
set SIZE end
math SIZE - START
goto END
if SIZE > 0x40
clog MEMORY_FILE START SIZE SIZE
getdstring SEDB 8 MEMORY_FILE
if SEDB == "SEDBRES "
goto 0x30 MEMORY_FILE
get COUNT long MEMORY_FILE
math COUNT * 16
math COUNT + 0x40
goto COUNT MEMORY_FILE
getdstring TRB 7 MEMORY_FILE
if TRB == "SEDBtxb"
string START + .
string START + EXT
get SIZE asize MEMORY_FILE
set NAME START
string NAME + .trb
log NAME 0 SIZE MEMORY_FILE
set NAME START
string NAME + .imgb
clog NAME OFFSET ZSIZE2 SIZE2
endif
endif
if SEDB != "SEDBRES "
set OFFSET START
set ZSIZE2 SIZE
get SIZE2 asize MEMORY_FILE
endif
endif
next
TheDude
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by TheDude »

Try the script that chrrox posted in the middle of page 2.
S0UZ
advanced

Post by S0UZ »

I've tried all but not working,hic
messiahlad
ultra-n00b

Post by messiahlad »

Wow this thread is interesting! Im very impressed and a little confused. Im wondering how you guys are able to get your modded textures back into the imbg + trb files. Im not trying any thing close to the vertex/ geometry mods you have done, just simple texture map changes.

ps I am only new here and I am very impressed by the wealth of information shared by the community. glad to be here.
If it's heavy, modded or scotch. I'm in!
mariokart64n
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by mariokart64n »

I've been slowly working on a tool to release, which will handle both texture and geometry modding. maybe even new model import (ultimate goal)
anyway the xbox360 uses image tiling to make the data more presentable to the systems processor.. but on the human side the actual image looks like a pile of crapolia after tiled

the only method I can offer is re-writting the IMGB into a XPR2

an XPR2 file is generated by the xbox360 SDK, using its bundler.exe tool. the bundler handles textures which converts them between untiled and tiled images...

so if you can get your hands on the SDK, then you'll have no problem modding the textures. I'm just working on a "IMGB to XPR2" and a "XPR2 to IMGB" script...

more updates as I get free time :( ..which seems wont be anytime soon
Maxscript and other finished work I've done can be found on my DeviantArt account
messiahlad
ultra-n00b

Post by messiahlad »

I know the feeling about "free time". Thanks for such a concise explanation, looking forward to attempting it.
Good luck with automating the process, it will make a lot of people very happy(me including if i cant figure it out before then).
nice work on the zero samus mod, very tidy work.
messiahlad
ultra-n00b

Post by messiahlad »

Hi Mario
Hows the tool creation going?
I got my hands on sdk 20871.2. and am currently learning the "bundler.exe" tool as well as trying to fast pace my 3DS max skills.
have you thought of releasing your smoothed down Serah geometry model for people to do texture wraps for?
With a smooth model I would love to redraw a: Spider Girl costume or venom, SF Camy, Catwoman, saints row 3 bdsm girl
Or if i can learn 3ds geometry an Alice in wonderland costume.

Keen to see where people are at with modding this game?
mariokart64n
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by mariokart64n »

sure thing, sorry there hasn't been much progress. I've been lazy, watched Game of Thrones on the weekend... got nothing done lol

anyway this was the old script
http://pastebin.com/K2M1Bh74

this will let to import a model into 3dsmax, and allow you to inject vertex changes.... I can't recall if UVs are supported.. might be but the pointer method is still flaky, so donno if its enabled or disabled.

as for textures... my original hack was me hexing files... so there is no tool yet. another guy has a working tool, but I'm not sure when he'll announce or release anything?
in the mean while I've been trying to script up my own method of exchanging texture data... however it still requires the SDK...

my script isn't ready yet, its still buggy.. and only XPR creation was attempted to extract data.. not inject.

so in the mean while you can use noesis to get the textures. you'll have to wait for a texture tool.

other then that, theres the script you'll need to import the mesh into max, and put it back.

as for file extraction, chhrox has a BMS that extracts files... surprisingly quickBMS also has a injection feature.. so thats how I repacked files
messiahlad
ultra-n00b

Post by messiahlad »

Cheers for that MarioKart
I've finally had some time to have a play with the model script and the SDK. The script you provided was great thank you, it worked well for importing the models in MAX and I was able to smooth down the geometry.
But I have hit a few walls, most I believe are to do with my own lack of experience. If I switch modes to inject changes back into the imgb+trb should the vertex changes be reflected if I were to view them again in Noeisis?
I also was successful in re-introducing(seemed to at least) these files back into the .bin files they came from and by using Xlast I was able to create another DLC package with them that reflected no changes except that I had just duplicated the original DLC.
Im still playing around with bundler/unBundler as well. what method did you use to convert imgb to xpr2. I assume an XPR2 can be "unbundled" edited with different textures, maybe UVs and "bundled" then converted back.

EcheloCross talked about injecting his hexed DDS file back into an imgb file. Im wondering what method was used to do that.
mariokart64n
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by mariokart64n »

the injector edits the vertices in the TRB, and edits the UV buffers in the IMGB.

if you opened the files using noesis you'll see the changes, however getting it back into the game is a bit more difficult ^_^

quickBMS has support to re-inject data back into the BIN file, but the BMS scripts that have been posted are not compatible. thus if you use the inject feature in quickBMS it'll simply give you a copy of your original input file :P

I head to hex stuff back into the BIN file, eventually I just wrote up a new BMS script with the offsets of the bikini and the quickbms feature worked after.

I wish there were more people involved in coding programs for FF13-2 modding, I only know a bit of maxscript so I can't write my own compressor/injector

anyway here is my BMS with hard set offsets. will only work on the North American bikini DLC for Serah "white_p0000015img_u.x360.bin"

Code: Select all

clog "c159.x360.imgb" 0x00000000 0x0018B112 0x0034F000
clog "c159.x360.trb" 0x0018B800 0x0003D528 0x0009C800
clog "c159_def.x360.mpk" 0x001C9000 0x0000F447 0x00027680
clog "c159_rain.x360.mpk" 0x001D8800 0x000103E9 0x000281C0
clog "c159_snow.x360.mpk" 0x001E9000 0x00010434 0x00028790
this will dump the files, as well should be compatible with quickBMS's injection feature
messiahlad
ultra-n00b

Post by messiahlad »

Thanks again
It seems my changes weren't showing up because I was just deleting parts of the model. Therefore when I was making selections for injection, they never got introduced as the original object remained in the trb. I've over come this and have gotten the modified geometry into the DLC. Thanks for the BMS script as well, that worked for injecting back into the .bin file.

The next hurdle for me is being able to get the modded textures back into the imgb files. Right now Im a bit of a noob, but I hope to in time, be able to add to the community.
SuperShadic2017
ultra-n00b

Post by SuperShadic2017 »

I just exported the files (except for filelist ones). However, i can't find any textures. Where would they be?
Newbie31
ultra-n00b

Post by Newbie31 »

Probably a silly question, but how do you get to export to .trb with 3dsmax so you can veiw the revised model in noesis?