Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Resident Evil Operation Racoon City

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Kamillho
veteran

Resident Evil Operation Racoon City

Post by Kamillho »

Somebody works on RE ORC script?
Here's Nemesis model:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/cedkqd
soroosh
n00b

Re: Resident Evil Operation Racoon City

Post by soroosh »

I have the PS3 iso extracted.
If anyone needs my resources, I can upload them.
Is anyone working on the format of model files?
They have the .edgemodel extension and i think they are different from previous MT framework's .mod OR .dom format.
I have some good info on .mod format but unfortunately could not extract this shitty new format.
I know some guys like surveyor and codeman that have great contributions in extracting .mod and .dom files. I hope these guys and others like them help us to crack this new format like the older ones :wink:
Kamillho
veteran

Post by Kamillho »

Is it possible to make this script working on X360 version if someone makes it on PS3 version? If model format is the same?
chrrox

Post by chrrox »

there is never going to be ps3 support.
Kamillho
veteran

Post by Kamillho »

I think so. And what about X360 version? Someone works on script? I know nothing about it so I can only upload files from disc.
chrrox

Post by chrrox »

There seems to be a small bug in the noesis extractor near the end of the chunk data.
but i have an extractor ready when its fixed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
soroosh
n00b

Post by soroosh »

Wow!!! you are greaaaaaaaat man!!!
You did it really fast!!! that's really awesome. you deserve a ton of cookie brother:wink:.
When are you going to release it? I just can't wait to paly as nemesis in my RE5 mod.
Is it only for x360? if so, can you please write another one for ps3?(please man don't be lazy :wink: )
U R The MANNNNNNNNNNN :]
protosk8
advanced

Post by protosk8 »

soroosh wrote:Is it only for x360? if so, can you please write another one for ps3?(please man don't be lazy :wink: )
dude.. don't call him lazy
n he already said there's no ps3 support
Kamillho
veteran

Post by Kamillho »

chrrox wrote:There seems to be a small bug in the noesis extractor near the end of the chunk data.
but i have an extractor ready when its fixed.
Wow! Awesome! Good luck :D
Gh0stBlade

Post by Gh0stBlade »

Even if the PS3 archives were extracted how will you unpack the textures for the models?

I've tried the GTF2DDS in the SDK and it doesn't work, maybe they're encrypted good luck. Just get the Xbox version no need for PS3 for now.
Click the thanks button if I helped!
soroosh
n00b

Post by soroosh »

Chrrox why the model is in milkshaped format?
Is it beacuse of the miss of textures OR becasuse you just haven't extracted the UVs yet?
If it has the UVs, can you rip the bones too?
Jodan
n00b

Post by Jodan »

Soroosh the model shown in the above image is just the 3d mesh without the textures, using the Noesis program (he is not using Milkshape). As for the bones system and corrected rigging of the model... chrrox (or another) would have to be able to identify and then be able to correctly interpret the information, which as I understand it can be more complicated to figure out in comparison to identifying the model itself. Note, the format used for the 3d model is different from the previous games, because the game is made by different developer.
soroosh
n00b

Post by soroosh »

Jodan. Thanks for your kind attention dear friend. but believe me, I know what noesis is and chrox has not used the milkshape3d. if u look at my post carefully will see I wrote why the model is in milkshapeDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD format baby not why u used milkshape to rip it.
Anyway, I am a hardcore RE modder that have workd on many titels so far and for now are working on porting RE5 Gold edition to PC(yeh its possible but infinitely hard to deal with). To make RE5 more interesting I am planning to replace almost all of the enemies with zombies and other bosses from RE:ORC(if possible) and to do so, I really need the models and if someone can rip them all boned, my challenge :wink: would become a lot easier.
So, I beg you chrox to rip the models boned.
Thanks dude :) .
Jodan
n00b

Post by Jodan »

Hey Sorosh, not sure what you mean then about "milkshaped" unless you just meant because the posted image lacked textures, and just reminded you of milkshape... guessing that is what you meant (since milkshape file format is *.ms3d and orc uses *.edgemodel).

I also wanted to point out, that if you plan to mod for 5, then the orc's bone system, would not be needed (you would have to remove it) since you would need to rig the models to work with the re5 bone system or you would have to create a new bone system that very closely matches that of the resident evil 5 model(i.e. similar construct, but it would be best to use the original re5 bones to reduce potential problems).

The process would work very similar to modding the re4 game in which a modder uses the bone system of a specific re4 character and then properly weights the mesh to the existing bones...
followed by then exporting it back into the re4 format and testing the new file in game. Currently, for 5 we can rig a new model using 5's bone system, but we have no method to import it back into re5's mod format.

The benefit of having orc's originals bones system would be to use it to mod orc itself, or to use it in a 3d modeling program and use it in a mod that was not dependent on a existing animation system... such as developers tools that permit open access to the game engine (i.e. SDKs).

To get more on topic regarding this file format, I was wondering chrrox (if anyone else who knows the answers to this can reply) will your script be written to read both the mesh and the textures to be properly displayed in Noesis? Also when I first saw luke and flightsuit among the files I was thinking Starwars... it's funny that it actually is the Jedi himself; I wonder if they plan or had planned on making that a dlc thing or if it was simply just a test file.
soroosh
n00b

Post by soroosh »

Jordan thnaks again for your attention and kind description of the character porting process, but believe me I know what I say. A guy nick named codeman are working on importing boned models into re5 and has almost finished it. as mentioned in my previous post, I know how to port new models into a game. All I need is just the ripped models - better to be boned for ease of the porting process.
So guys lets just motivate the master chrrox to rip the models faster(and also boned if possible) :wink: .
I will start by offering 100 bucks to chrrox. Isn't anyone else out there with a higher suggestion?
3 ....... 2.......... 1.........
Congratulations chrrox. Youv'e just won the platnium prize of ripping REORC models. The whole amount of 100 bucks.
Inorder to claim your cash just finish your script and post it on the form fasssssssttttt.
Delayed claims are not accepetd :D :D :D .