Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Star Wars - The Old Republic - Beta

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
flipkick
ultra-n00b

Re: Star Wars - The Old Republic - Beta

Post by flipkick »

SWTOR fan wrote:Bad news, unfortunately. :(
It looks like all the names and descriptions were removed from the client.gom file (except for ~150 nodes) which will make it considerably harder to datamine the buckets/prototype nodes because one no longer knows what all these values stand for.
The gom still references to the STB files for game data. So you'll find the titles and descriptions there now.
SWTOR fan
veteran

Post by SWTOR fan »

flipkick wrote:The gom still references to the STB files for game data. So you'll find the titles and descriptions there now.
Well, names/descriptions of items or quests are of course still in the game, but the client.gom previously contained names such as "run speed", "quest trigger", "icon path", and all these are gone now; instead there are just a bunch of numbers without a name.
So if you know that the fifth value from the top, for example, is the item description, then you're good to go, but otherwise it will be very hard to read those values.

In any case, here are 5,000 new file names, mostly from the swtor_main_art_dynamic_*_1.tor archives again.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nicoli_s
advanced

Post by nicoli_s »

the way i process the new gom is to load up the old and new version, and when i load up the old version i cache the field ids -> name, so i can have nice field names with the new gom
SWTOR fan
veteran

Post by SWTOR fan »

nicoli_s wrote:the way i process the new gom is to load up the old and new version, and when i load up the old version i cache the field ids -> name, so i can have nice field names with the new gom
That's a good idea! I have not yet tested if the old and new ids match up but if you say they do, then loading an old client.gom file should not be a problem. :)
I just hope that they won't add too many new fields in the future and that we have as many fields named as possible.

Here's another 5,500 new file names; this time mostly *.jba animation files from swtor_main_anim_*_1.tor and maps from swtor_main_area_*_1.tor.
filenames-found6.zip
Also, due to the high demand, I decided to convert my file name lists into the format supported by easyMYP, so anyone who has been using easyMYP to open the .tor archives can just download hashes_filename.txt here (9.37 MB), put the file in the "Hash" folder where easyMYP is stored and run easyMYP.
Please note that it may take a few minutes for easyMYP to load the big file. Also, I only tested the list with easyMYP 3.6 so you may run into problems if you are using a different version.
And please keep in mind that while you now have named files, these files may still be in a custom format, and that only a few of these files, like the .dds textures or audio files, can currently be opened with appropriate programs.
I included all the filenames I found out from both the main assets as well as the English, German and French localized assets. Right now, I left the CRC checksum field blank so you won't be able to check for file changes.

Edit: Download link fixed.
Edit 2: Just out of curiosity, I calculated the percentage of known file names and it currently stands at 89.55%. (40,270 unknown file names out of 385,484 total file names; not counting duplicate file names like metadata.bin)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DarkPhoenix
ultra-n00b

Post by DarkPhoenix »

Hello, i wanted to ask if anyone can reupload EasyMYP 3.6, as megaupload was taken down. I have searched the thread but did not found any alternative links :(

Edit: Found the link in other thread, here
SWTOR fan
veteran

Post by SWTOR fan »

Since it seems to me that many do not know how to use easyMYP to extract files from the .tor archives, I decided to write a guide for it. :)

Extracting .tor archives with easyMYP
1. Download EasyMYP 3.6 here and extract the archive.
2. Get the file name hashes:
--- 2a. If you have the beta files of SWTOR, extract the archive spitor-hash-44-5.rar and copy the hashes_filename.txt in there.
--- 2b. Otherwise, if you have the release version, download the newest version of hashes_filename.txt here (with about 91% of hashes complete). Extract the archive and copy the file hashes_filename.txt.
3. Now go to the folder "EasyMYP_v3.6-Spec SWTOR Batch Dict Parser", open the subfolder "Hash" and paste the hashes_filename.txt file in there.
4. Go back to the main EasyMYP folder and open EasyMYP.exe. Since the hash file is so large, it may take a few minutes for the program to start.
5. In the main menu (at the top), select "Archive → Open Archive".
6. In the open file dialogue, open the folder where you have Star Wars: The Old Republic installed. If you have kept the default path, you can find the game under "C:/Program Files/Electronic Arts/BioWare/Star Wars-The Old Republic/". Open the subfolder "Assets" and select a .tor archive to open. See below on which .tor archives contain which files.
7. Wait until the archive is opened. Then, under the "Archive Tree View" tab you will find a list of all the files. Please note that currently the file names are only known for about 90% of the files. Unknown files appear as a strange letter/digit-combination like "0EAAB4C2_C30F0F65F01C0A97". To see the named files, open the folder with no name, then open the folder called "resources" and pick the file you want.
8. Now you can either extract all files in the archive with "File → Extract All", or you can select a file to export and then either right-click this file and select "Extract", or choose "File → Extract Selected".
9. The first time you want to extract a file, you will be asked to choose a folder to extract to. You can later change the extraction folder under "Options → Preferences" and clicking on the "Set" button at the top.
10. Please note that many files are in a custom SWTOR game format and can only be opened with the right program. I suggest looking at the list I posted here for information on which files can be opened. For example, you can open .dds textures, .dat and .xml text files and audio files (.acb, .bnk, .wem) with the right program. If you want to convert audio files, see the tutorial I posted here.

EasyMYP has many more options that I have not covered here. I suggest reading the "README.txt" file to learn more about those features.

Description of .tor archives
The SWTOR files are grouped into different .tor archives.

The file names of the beta archives may start with red_main_*.tor/red_locale_*.tor or green_main_*.tor/green_locale_*.tor

If you have the release version, you will find file names starting with swtor_en-us_*.tor, and file names starting with swtor_main_*.tor. (Or swtor_de-de_*.tor and swtor_fr-fr_*.tor, if you are using the German or French language version.)

The German, English and French archives contain all the translated texts (like dialogues, item descriptions, conversations) and all of the spoken dialogue. Open the archive with the planet you want a file from, or open the "global" archive to get general files.
swtor_en-us_global_1.tor
swtor_de-de_area_hoth_1.tor

The main archives contain everything that does not need to be translated.
This includes .gr2 3D models and .dds textures (see swtor_main_art_*_1.tor) and animations (see swtor_main_anim_*_1.tor).
The swtor_main_area_*_1.tor archives contain .dds area maps and .gr2 3D models for specific planets.
The swtor_main_bnk_*_1.tor archives contain audio files without language (blaster fire, computer beeps, grunts, alien languages, ...) and the swtor_main_bnk_streamed_*_1.tor archives contain the music.
The swtor_main_gfx_1.tor archive contains the GUI icons, and all the other archives contain game mechanics like abilities, quests, items and so on.

Edit 1: Download link for hashes_filename.txt updated.
Last edited by SWTOR fan on Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SWTOR fan
veteran

Post by SWTOR fan »

And here's another nearly 6,000 new file names!

It is getting increasingly difficult to get the remaining file names but slowly and steadily I am getting to 100%! :)
Right now, the rate of named files is at 91.14%, with 34,186 file names missing.

Most of the missing file names (some 28k files) are animation files, and I plan to parse the .mph files to get the remaining file names.
CZW
veteran

Post by CZW »

SWTOR Fan , i love your work ...
but could you upload a hashes_filename.txt instead a filesnames_found, i cannot merged the dictonnary with your file, it's crash
thx
SWTOR fan
veteran

Post by SWTOR fan »

CZW wrote:SWTOR Fan , i love your work ...
but could you upload a hashes_filename.txt instead a filesnames_found, i cannot merged the dictonnary with your file, it's crash
thx
Sure, here's a new hash list for EasyMYP: http://www.sendspace.com/file/updvtx (9.45 MB) :)
Marky
beginner

Post by Marky »

SWTOR fan wrote:
thx
Sure, here's a new hash list for EasyMYP: http://www.sendspace.com/file/updvtx (9.45 MB) :)
Hey, thanks for the tutorial and help. I got started with easymvp and but I am having problems and wonder if you can help....

I followed the tutorial and downloaded mvp 3.6 and use the latest hash in the above post but when I try to extract the texture I am receiving the following error

Is there something I am doing wrong? (using Win 7 x64)

I have tried running it from within the program files (both x86 and x64 program folder) - and made sure I was running as administrator.
CZW
veteran

Post by CZW »

Marky wrote:
SWTOR fan wrote:
thx
Hey, thanks for the tutorial and help. I got started with easymvp and but I am having problems and wonder if you can help....

I followed the tutorial and downloaded mvp 3.6 and use the latest hash in the above post but when I try to extract the texture I am receiving the following error

Is there something I am doing wrong? (using Win 7 x64)

I have tried running it from within the program files (both x86 and x64 program folder) - and made sure I was running as administrator.

Hi Marky

you have this failure, if you try to extract only one specific file, instead, extract the all folder, you will have no problem , as it was explain into the tutorial
Marky
beginner

Post by Marky »

CZW wrote:
Marky wrote:
Hi Marky

you have this failure, if you try to extract only one specific file, instead, extract the all folder, you will have no problem , as it was explain into the tutorial

hi

Yeah, that worked.... Apologies for not reading the tutorial right. Feel a bit stupid now. THanks for your help!

:D
stalja
beginner

Post by stalja »

flipkick wrote:I found some first detailed information of the item prototypes. The C# source for my extract tool is attached, Hero.dll is required. The mysql stuff is for my personal translation db.

This is my very first C# program, so be gentle :-D

Example output:

Code: Select all

itm.gen.quest_shared.rdps1.chest.heavy.prototype.04x2:
 type: String: "armor.trooper"
 sub type: String: "ipp.class.bh.heroic.rdps1.t4x2.chest"
 bind on pickup
 durability: 120
 id: 16140952217605448722
 title: Xonolite Mesh Chestguard
 slot #0: Id: 16141113719776797593
  - title: Reflex Armoring 12
  - stats: STAT_att_agility: 15
  - stats: STAT_att_endurance: 10
 slot #1: Id: 16141146200986683659
  - title: Reflex Mod 12
  - stats: STAT_att_agility: 20
 slot #2: Id: 16141028933557874887
  - title: Rage Enhancement 12
  - stats: STAT_rtg_attack_power: 15
 slot #3: empty
 slot #4: empty

Nice, isn't it? I'll try to analyze even more item detail information.
I wanted to thank you for your work. However I have a few corrections. I am working on finding and connecting all the right data still, but I am sure about these for now.

What you say is "type:" it is in fact "sound"
What you say is "sub type:" it is in fact "icon"
"bind on pickup" should not be just bind on pickup because it can be other things too
4611686030368870013 is item quality (out of enums of quality)
4611686030368870012 is item level
4611686052121471055 is disassemblecategory
4611686030368870030 is item value
4611686055050031219 is enhancementsubcategory

As I find more I will let you know
Carsten2011b
ultra-n00b

Post by Carsten2011b »

I made an EasyMYP/TOR audio guide using SWTOR fan's tutorials. :)

https://rapidshare.com/files/968436707/ ... _tools.rar
SWTOR fan
veteran

Post by SWTOR fan »

So I finally managed to get the client.gom file and the prototype nodes to load, but I am still working on the bucket files...
Hopefully, it should not take much longer, so people who (like me) want to reinvent the wheel and not use the prefabricated Hero.dll source code will soon find a correct specification for all those files here. :wink:

According to my backups, the last patch that still contained the names and descriptions in the client.gom file is patch #29 (build 2012-01-10), which seems to be 1.0.2d, aka the last version before the 1.1.0 patch.
For those that do not have that patch, you can download that client.gom file here: EDIT: Link removed per new forum policy.

@flipkick, stalja: You are really making your lives hard. With the old client.gom file, you will be able to get the names and descriptions for all the fields whose meaning you are guessing.
In case you do not know how to read the client.gom file, I uploaded all the ids, names and descriptions into the wiki: click. :)
Last edited by SWTOR fan on Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.