Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Final Fantasy XIII-2 extraction

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
TheDude
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Re: Final Fantasy XIII-2 extraction

Post by TheDude »

Did you check the Noesis source (pluginshare.h)?
I saw the raw and dxt untilers in there, but I have C dyslexia. :cry:
EcheloCross
veteran

Post by EcheloCross »

Source code for noesis is public? I've been looking for it. You have a link?

I looked at that file in the pluginsource.zip. It talks about the prototype methods for un-tiling I think.

I've taken a dds exported from noesis and inverted the colors in photoshop. I then saved it as DXT1, stripped the header, reversed its endianness every 2 bytes, and injected back into imgb file. I also told the GTEX segment in the trb the new size of the dds data.

Since the data wasn't re-tiled, I assume noesis still un-tiled it again when viewed, but this is the result.
mariokart64n
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by mariokart64n »

man, I can't believe you got the geometry to alter in game... now I'm totally confused.. shit why do I suck >_< !!! damn damn damn

sorry for being offline *cough* MASS EFFECT 3 IS FUCKING AWESOME!

can you give more details on what you zero'd, like the offset etc.. so I can reattempt the experiment on my end.

Also I got the textures ingame by using a program voltron created before me. initially I wanted to mod xbox360 games, but I did not know how to program at all.
so I took a swizzled xbox360 texture 1024x1024 = over 1million pixels ... in paintshop and I rebuilt it pixel for pixel.. it took me over a month. but I was the very first person to put a texture mod on the xbox360.

later I asked voltron to reverse my findings, but instead he just wrote a pixel manipulator. where i was able to script up a new pixel order. O_O
retarded that I did this I know, but I manually redefined each pixel to unswizzle the texture... the draw back is I can only swizzle and unswizzle textures that I have scripted an order for...

so long story short I have an alternative method to tiling texture.. but it is not conventional!

anyway you can find that over here if you are interested;
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=2205
Maxscript and other finished work I've done can be found on my DeviantArt account
EcheloCross
veteran

Post by EcheloCross »

What I did to get the geometry back in game was 0'ed out the STMS section 24 bytes after the STMS header to the end of the STMS section, and then used the method you described to get it back into DLC.
To get true texture mods for this game, I need to learn how to unswizzle + reswizzle them, and then we need a filelist decryptor+encryptor to get past the re-zlibbed chunks being too large. If anyone can help with the filelist decrypting+encrypting please let me know.
mariokart64n
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by mariokart64n »

I contacted another hacker involved with alot of 360 hacking. this was his reply
Genesis wrote:we have already figured out the encrypted data (and it's compressed) we also made are own DLC days ago

.. I'm not good with compressions or encryption, but this gives us a push in the right direction.. I wonder if its xmem? they can't leak it.. I wonder what is soo hush about it
Last edited by mariokart64n on Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maxscript and other finished work I've done can be found on my DeviantArt account
EcheloCross
veteran

Post by EcheloCross »

Yup, Genesis and I wrote the ffxiii-2 save editor. The decryption he's talking about is not for filelists. I have made some progress though. I pulled the decrypted filelist out of memory. It was still zlibbed, but I was easily able to unzlib it. I now have the filelists in plain text. I'm going to try to patch the xex to skip the decryption and just go straight from decrypted (still zlibbed) filelist.

Last thing in the way after that for true in game texture mods is the un-swizzling/re-swizzling.
mariokart64n
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by mariokart64n »

theres a bit of C code included with the SDK docs is there not?

I'll PM you what I got, I tried transcoding it before but coudnt understand 100% the syntax of C

Edit

.. I still cant get vertex edits to show in game.. I'm doing something dumb I know it

anyway I wanted to show you something off topic...

I was doing vertex modding for smash bros brawl early on, before they had mesh import.

I imported marth, and I completely remodeled him into a different character just by pushing the vertices and modding the textures!.
I did the same with lucario > mewtwo, and ganon > gannon ... but anyway even if we can not reconstruct the DLC, I can't wait to get vertex mods working !! :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TheDude
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by TheDude »

Oooooooooo, it's written in Python. ಠ.ಠ
I can actually understand "that". (:
Thanks Mario Kart.
korupt
ultra-n00b

Post by korupt »

Great work! mario. I hope you do other edits. :D
Newbie31
ultra-n00b

Post by Newbie31 »

hi, I'm real new at this, no laughing please.

I've had a look at alot of diffirent guides for FFXIII-2 and can get to opening models with Noesis but when I do they all come up with crazy textures.
Could anyone tell me where I went wrong.

what I did?
1.backup FFXIII-2 xbox360 version.
2.export ISO with noesis to "".bin
3.open ".bin with quickbms to get "".trb
4.open "".trb with Noesis

also my files have the suffix "Number".ps3.trb but they come from Xbox360?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mariokart64n
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by mariokart64n »

the xbox360 requires or preforms best with tiled texture, so it can gain some speed over the GPU during rendering.
because the two platforms are different (PS3) and (XBOX360) your textures appear swizzled.

the only detection mechanism for noesis to distinguish between the xbox360 format and the ps3 format is that file extension.. and yous are buggered up.

simple rename them, or re-extract your files

a batscript you can use to rename your folder

Code: Select all

FOR %%1 in (*.ps3.trb) DO REN %%1 %%~n1
FOR %%1 in (*.ps3) DO REN %%1 %%~n1.x360.trb
FOR %%1 in (*.ps3.imgb) DO REN %%1 %%~n1
FOR %%1 in (*.ps3) DO REN %%1 %%~n1.x360.imgb
EcheloCross
veteran

Post by EcheloCross »

Well well. I made some progress. Looks like big time mods are possible now!

Newbie31
ultra-n00b

Post by Newbie31 »

Thanks for the rename.bat, renamed the files and the textures now work fine.
I tried rextracting and the files always come out with the suffix .ps3.trb, must be the extracter.

Thanks Again.
Newbie31
ultra-n00b

Post by Newbie31 »

heyo, its me again.

I need some more help, I am most familiar with modding Oblivion which uses "".nif, I rarely export(I use 3dsmax) to anything other than .nif or .b3d so I know nothing about collada".dae" and wavefrontobject".obj". Do they export mapping channels and UVWmaps, because when I export from noesis to either and than import into 3dsmax it comes up with "can't find texture paths" so I open the material editor and manually attach the right textures to the right part of the mesh but it doesn't unwrap and align the texture properly.

Could someone offer some advice about what I'm doing wrong?