Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

3d Ripper + Easycap Anyone Tried It? (Use with 360 and ps3)

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Trancelikestate
beginner

3d Ripper + Easycap Anyone Tried It? (Use with 360 and ps3)

Post by Trancelikestate »

Was looking for an effective method to connect the console to the computer to rip console models and found easycap. Looks like at the very least you could record vids and take screenies which is cool but has anyone tried 3d ripper yet?

http://easycap.co.uk/
brienj
VIP member
VIP member

Re: 3d Ripper + Easycap Anyone Tried It? (Use with 360 and p

Post by brienj »

There is an Android app that you can capture the 3D models using your phone, it's so much easier. :tard:
Trancelikestate
beginner

First off i'm trying to get some online multiplayer models. Second i dont have an android and third my xbox doesnt have bluetooth.
grenadier42
ultra-n00b

Post by grenadier42 »

You can't run PC applications on a console, so... no?

I think you misunderstand what easycap does.
Trancelikestate
beginner

Well this is part of my question. No it's not rendering on the pc's video card but it does use a software to display onto the pc so if nothing else, i think fraps would, and from what i can read has worked. That wouldn't stop me from trying it but since my knowledge is limited i thought perhaps someone would know better.

Mind you any method to connect the console to the pc would suit me fine. Just was wondering about this. And since brienj didn't really explain his method nor provide a link i found his reply useless. "Android model ripping app" keywords are far too vague for google.
chrrox

Post by chrrox »

your very confused.
there is no android app he was kidding.
what your implying is if i take a vhs tape and record myself playing marvel vs capcom 3 i can put that vhs tape onto my pc and rip 3d models.
just drop this topic its not possible what you are saying.
the only way to rip console models on pc's is with an emulator and there wont be a 360 or ps3 emulator for quite some time if ever.
finale00
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Post by finale00 »

If they had a tool that will rip 3D models out of videos that would also be cool.
Or if they had a tool that takes in a couple images of a model and generates a perfect 3D model, with textures.

Then there would be better results.
huckleberrypie
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by huckleberrypie »

Good luck trying to cap models with a console and EasyCap. Even if it does you'll still end up with a flat plane.
chrrox

Post by chrrox »

you are now entering the twilight zone.
http://www.facegen.com/
Trancelikestate
beginner

What a warm and welcoming forum. I saw a video that displayed video from the console live on a pc. If you'll look back to my last post i did state that i KNEW the game was not rendering on the pc's video card. People do however capture video and pictures. I KNEW it was highly unlikely it would work and if it did i would be able to read about it somewhere. It's called a longshot but longshots sometimes pay off especially when your mission is 3d model extraction. It would be quite a thing to just be able to rip any console model you like.

Meeting me with sarcasm is surly not that sweet and not really going to get us anywhere. These types of communities don't work too well for me. I don't know any of you and more than likely you do not know me but i'd like to take this opportunity to withdraw my account here. It's a shame when members of a community get so hip on themselves that when someone who doesn't visit too often asks a semi-stoney question this is the end result. If any of you do know me you probably know my work with gta and can always catch me there. I won't be sharing any progress or discoveries here though. Thanks for my time here and have a good day all.
Acewell
VIP member
VIP member

Post by Acewell »

While you can't rip models from video, you can use camera tracking software to create 3d objects from video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbvex7maHL8
brienj
VIP member
VIP member

Post by brienj »

Trancelikestate wrote:What a warm and welcoming forum. I saw a video that displayed video from the console live on a pc. If you'll look back to my last post i did state that i KNEW the game was not rendering on the pc's video card. People do however capture video and pictures. I KNEW it was highly unlikely it would work and if it did i would be able to read about it somewhere. It's called a longshot but longshots sometimes pay off especially when your mission is 3d model extraction. It would be quite a thing to just be able to rip any console model you like.

Meeting me with sarcasm is surly not that sweet and not really going to get us anywhere. These types of communities don't work too well for me. I don't know any of you and more than likely you do not know me but i'd like to take this opportunity to withdraw my account here. It's a shame when members of a community get so hip on themselves that when someone who doesn't visit too often asks a semi-stoney question this is the end result. If any of you do know me you probably know my work with gta and can always catch me there. I won't be sharing any progress or discoveries here though. Thanks for my time here and have a good day all.
Your work with GTA? Did you extract a gun model out of the game and go shoot some hookers?

Your original question clearly, CLEARLY screams you have done nothing of significance, and if you have, I wonder how many things you've stolen or had spoon-fed to you ...

Edit: Just thought I should mention that after constantly getting emails and posts on my forum from people how to get my Xbox 360 trainers working on their retail systems, along with the multitude of other crazy questions I constantly see, it has turned me cynical.
Last edited by brienj on Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trancelikestate
beginner

Before i go though i def need to tell you that you are without a doubt the coolest person i have ever experienced. Next time i see a shooting star i'll wish i could be more like you. DOUCHE
brienj
VIP member
VIP member

Post by brienj »

Trancelikestate wrote:Before i go though i def need to tell you that you are without a doubt the coolest person i have ever experienced. Next time i see a shooting star i'll wish i could be more like you. DOUCHE
So you are going to have what I said make you take your ball and go home? Really?

If I did that, I would have quit my work years ago ...
Acewell
VIP member
VIP member

Post by Acewell »

If you can get enough good images from video then you could use 123D Catch to create a 3d model from them.